It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Inappropriate' Art Removed from Denver Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Denver, CO, Jul. 30 (UPI) -- Three pieces of art were removed from Denver International Airport because officials decided they were too stressful for passengers after Sept. 11, 2001.

Denver airport pulls art display

'Inappropriate' Art Removed from Denver Airport

So those freaky murals at Denver international airport is not stressful for travellers but this is?! Come on!!! I guess the powers that be just didn�t like the "anti war/Bush" message of the art.

edit: here�s a link where the art can be viewed as well www.ncac.org... It�s the one called Blood for Oil - suitcase filled with blood and bricks.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by Dawnaj]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Just what is wrong with the people running DIA? Maybe they are trying to scare away all the customers so that they don't see all the little green men running out the ventalation!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I personally wouldnt want to be the parent of a little child staring at a pic of naked prisoners...Art like this isnt meant for airports...especially one with a suitcase of blood...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Freaky stuff. Whatever happened to nice pictures of airplanes?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i guess its about time, but i liked them because of the conspiracy and NWO stuff surrounding it. I have been there twice and from whst i see the main conspiracy is the bloody piss is so hard to get to.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Dawnaj...good point. They allow those murals, but pull a suitcase. Art is art, and shouldn't be censored. I remember awhile back some people complaining about the Venus Di Milo or some similar statue because it showed breasts.....need I say any more?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That art is inappropriate for a public place that people of all ages frequent. The images that were removed are disturbing to me, but I can't say they're any more or less disturbing than the murals.

What's going on with that airport?

SMR

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Funny,I was just reading this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
It started with talk of the so called 'keypad' and then went into the paintings.
Art is art and there are many opinions on it.But I felt,as an artist myself,that those were somewhat out of place in any airport at any time.Be it before or after 9/11,I dont think I would like to look at those paintings before boarding a plane.

top topics

join