It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E. A. Koeting - A Modern Day Aliester Crowley?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I know many ATS users also listen to Coast to Coast and probably caught the interview with E. A. Koeting.

Evocations & the Occult
Tuesday September 13, 2011
Lifelong student and practitioner of various spiritual traditions including the occult, black magic, Hinduism, and voodoo, E.A. Koetting, discussed the use of evocations, and other occult rituals, as well as astral travel. First hour guest, author Bill White talked about the role synchronicity plays in people's lives. ... More »
Host: George Noory

I was stunned at his candor, level of articulation and willingness to admit his open recognition and worshipping of Satan. He spoke causually about his prior memberships in numerous Satanic churches and the fact that he is an ordained priest in Haitian voodoo. He offers his services to persons wishing to harm even kill other persons.

I am not naive and recognize there have always been thousands of people practicing ritualistc witchcraft and following pagan beliefs. What blew me away about this guy was his straight forward admission that if you are willing to cast aside warnings of losing your soul to Satan and other multidimensional beings, you may open up a very practical means of getting what ever you want in this physical realm.

Unlike teenagers dabbling with Ouigi boards or sociopathic young men killing cats in hasty ceremonies thrown together in the woods behind a shopping center, this exceptionally articulate
Young man presents a systematic, practically scientific means of evoking fully embodied beings to do the bidding of practicing occultists.

His delivery was so matter of fact and casual, you would have thought he was speaking about learning a craft such as carpentry or learning to play piano. I was under the distinct impression that this practice is much more widespread and common than I ever considered AND much more importantly that it works.

He briefly mentioned encountering powerful men who are successful businessmen and suggested that many, many succesful people in this country owe their success to the occult.

Many people such as Steve Quayle and Richard Hoageland amongst others accuse members of our govt, NASA and the illuminatti of being occultists but I always discounted their claims. What I would like to know is what other members think about the extent of penetration of the occult into American politics, industry and culture?

Finally, it seems to me that many metaphysical researchers as well as theoretical physicists seem to be converging on the idea that human beings have an innate ability to manifest real effects in the physical world through carefully scripted intention.

Is this what 2012 is all about? Are we as a species about to wake up to the fact that we are indeed powerful spiritual beings with what would be God-like capabilities and that a metaphysical war is coming between "the forces of light versus dark?"

Mods, I am posting from my phone and don't know if I properly annotated the quote I pasted from coast.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I should have also asked "what if we could all manifest everything we wanted? Would the world collapse into chaos or would we create something altogether better?"

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Surely America has religious freedom, and so I'm quite surprised that people still treat Satanists as the boogeymen. Not to mention, there are so many different kinds of Satanists.

I say this as a theistic Satanist - but my own take on it is different.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Maybe I am naive. I am certainly getting old and out of touch with pop culture. The way koeting put it was that he basically tried praying to Christ but didn't get results. As soon as he switched to Satan, the results were immediate and quantifiable. Why not do whAt works?

Have you had a similar experience?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
sir,you are entirely correct on the effectiveness of ritual. ask any christian,or muslim,they will agree. i myself have dipped my toes in the pool of ceremonial magick(i'm not fond of 'black or white' magick,thats up to the practitioner),but there is always that darn karma to watch out for! "do what ye will be it the whole of the law",a great magi professed these words,also- "love is the law". to this day,people are still trying to understand this,with their own interpretations. i personally have chosen a path of paganism,with the miriad of deities involved! but basically its natural magick(kinda like native american/celtic philosophy).i believe in the idea of lucifer(not the christian one!),but i also respect the natural order of the world. when you perform ceremonial magick,you are playing GOD with the elements. look up the butterfly effect,and understand it. you cant change something for your benefit without affecting something else.people choose 'black' magick to change their pathetic lives for greed or power in the physical realm.you better be ready for what you gave up in the spiritual realm!
blessed be to all,love one another
i hope this helped!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I am glad you mentioned karma because the same warning was put to koeting. His reply was that most people don't understand the concept of karma.

Briefly he said you must first understand the concept of dharma which is law. There is societal dharma and personal dharma. Personal dharma has to do with the laws regarding the following of one's true purpose in life. If you step off your path, karma has to do with consequences of missing your personal divine purpose.

The intent of karma, according to him, was not as a payback for mistreating another person, but a reminder that you have veered off your own intended path. He said he has experienced no ill effects of using black magic to "destroy the lives of other human beings and cause them to lose their minds."

The only negative consequence was the pyschogical realization of what he had done to another person. Once he learned not to care, it no longer effected him in the least and now he gets what ever he wants with no fear of consequence.

That is the most disturbing part of his entire position. Although I believe in the greater good of mankind, if his principles were to be put into widespread availability, I am certain a large number of persons would practice his system to the detriment of humanity as a whole.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

No, I don't think you're naive at all. Most Satanists will never publically admit it, due to the long-standing fear society seems to have. They feel they will be discriminated against, I suppose.

Your question is a good one! I would not say that praying to the Christ deity does not bring results. When I was much younger, I went to Christ after I had done something wrong and asked for His help, which in this case, He gave me. I have so much love and respect for Him. No, He will not respond to every request, but if you have given yourself to Him or not, you should never expect Him to.

However, my soul, my ultimate love, respect and devotion belong to Satan. But, as I said, I take a different view from other Satanists that I have met. Satan is a teacher, and one that expects you to improve yourself at all times. Yes, He is the tempter, because he expects you to rise above it. This is how He teaches.

I have a huge problem with the magickal tradition of summoning, binding and trying to force an entity to do your will. This is where I think many dark occultists make mistakes. If you approach the chthonic deities with respect and purity of intention, you may receive help or you may not, and you must, out of reverence, accept it. You must also always bring an offering and be willing to give yourself over to them. But to summon and demand will, to put it in the basest of terms, really tick them off. And at some point, I can guarantee that it will bite you in the ass.

Satan is so beautiful and perfect, and His method of teaching is so incredible, that any who give their soul to Him should be aware that He does not like greed, meanness, pettiness, degradation, self-absorbtion, stupidity, and especially cruelty.
edit on 18-9-2011 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I would like to listen to this, do you have a link?

I studied Crowley extensivily and read his, "Book of the Law." "777," "Magick" "The Book of Thoth, but "The Book of Lies" was his most revealing. Crowley was a riddle. wrapped in an mystery inside an enigma.

Edit: Let's not forget "Moonchild!"
edit on 18-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

Maybe I am naive. I am certainly getting old and out of touch with pop culture. The way koeting put it was that he basically tried praying to Christ but didn't get results. As soon as he switched to Satan, the results were immediate and quantifiable. Why not do whAt works?

Have you had a similar experience?

Satan rewards all of the dishonorable things like selfishness, greed, envy, jealousy, revenge, etc..

When you pray to Christ for such things what kind of results would you expect?

You said maybe you were naive? I would say somewhat, but I think you understand this without any trouble..

People that think they can pray to the holy one and ask for evil things are more than naive, perhaps even rediculously stupid.

The part where someone thinks they have succeeded with satan, and think it "worked" are deluded, and it will be short lived..

satan hates all humans just like you would step on a bug. A person's vanity thinks he likes them somehow because he rewarded them for turning towards him for help.. He knows in advance these people are signing their spiritual death warrant.

This koating character will find out sooner or later..
edit on 18-9-2011 by alienreality because: eta detail

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would be remiss not to note that in his "Book of Magick" in chapter 5, 13 or 15, can't remember, and I don't have the book anymore, he warns of the fulitity of using black magic, defines a fine between white and black magick and he actually scoffs at people who want to practice it.

I had repurchased a volume that contained many of his books in one, to replace all the books I had lost. I wrote a cantonation on the blank front page, "This book belongs to (my name) and anyone who would steal shall die."

My car was broken into and it and other things were stolen. A few months later I got a call from the local PD, saying they had recovered my stuff. They had arrested the guy and convicted him, and I was able to collect from my property from evidence. I walked through a roomfull of stuff and was asked to recover what was mine. Funny everything was there except the book. I wonder the fate of the thief in prison....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I know I will get blasted for this but the fact that magic is real is the biggest secret being kept from mankind. Yes people can manifest what they want into their lives. They do it every day whether they know it or not. You can also manifest what you dont want into your life. Intention is everything and should be focused at all times. I am a practicing witch. I do not follow any prescribed tradition as I do not have a coven where I am. I practice as a solitary witch. I tend to focus more on the positive and good forces within nature. Satan is not a part of my religion. He is manifested within Christianity and so only exists through Christians. My power comes from that which is present within the creations of the Creator. My own personal power, which is mighty, and the power within plants, stones, fire, water, earth and air. There is infinate power waiting to be tapped. Magic is real. You have to believe it in order to use it. If you dont believe it it wont work for you. You have to know your power is real and have to believe it is real. For the record, Occult means, that which is hidden. Not what modern man thinks which is that is has to do with the devil and evil.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I wouldnt worry too much about that. Most people will not be able to do anything at all. They will doubt themselves and their abilities. They will question whether they did the ritual correctly , they will ponder what they could have done to make it better and generally will muck up the spell so badly that nothing will come of it. This is the reality of magic when placed in the hands of the common man. It will only take a few tries for the common man to give this up as nonsense. So the power remains safe.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
From the way you describe E.A. Koeting(never heard of him and propably dont want to hear) he has no resemblance to Crowley at all.
It is clear that you know Crowley superficially and from what others say(mostly uninformed religious bigots and the like).

edit on 18-9-2011 by ProdigalSon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

No, I don't think you're naive at all. Most Satanists will never publically admit it, due to the long-standing fear society seems to have. They feel they will be discriminated against, I suppose.

Your question is a good one! I would not say that praying to the Christ deity does not bring results. When I was much younger, I went to Christ after I had done something wrong and asked for His help, which in this case, He gave me. I have so much love and respect for Him. No, He will not respond to every request, but if you have given yourself to Him or not, you should never expect Him to.

However, my soul, my ultimate love, respect and devotion belong to Satan. But, as I said, I take a different view from other Satanists that I have met. Satan is a teacher, and one that expects you to improve yourself at all times. Yes, He is the tempter, because he expects you to rise above it. This is how He teaches.

I have a huge problem with the magickal tradition of summoning, binding and trying to force an entity to do your will. This is where I think many dark occultists make mistakes. If you approach the chthonic deities with respect and purity of intention, you may receive help or you may not, and you must, out of reverence, accept it. You must also always bring an offering and be willing to give yourself over to them. But to summon and demand will, to put it in the basest of terms, really tick them off. And at some point, I can guarantee that it will bite you in the
ass.

Satan is so beautiful and perfect, and His method of teaching is so incredible, that any who give their soul to Him should be aware that He does not like greed, meanness, pettiness, degradation, self-absorbtion, stupidity, and especially cruelty.
edit on 18-9-2011 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

Surely you must admit how unsettling this sounds to the average Christian. I am not judging you. I am very grateful you are so open with me. I am simply seeking to be informed. Pardon me if my questions seem ignorant or judgmental. This is a lot to wrap my head around.

What is the nature of your interaction with Satan? How is it that he conveys information?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProdigalSon
From the way you describe E.A. Koeting(never heard of him and propably dont want to hear) he has no resemblance to Crowley at all.
It is clear that you know Crowley superficially and from what others say(mostly uninformed religious bigots and the like).

perhaps you should forego your contempt long enough to understand the OP....

I see no bigotry or animosity towards Koeting or Aliester in this thread

thus far, you are the only one discontented.........
edit on 18-9-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I have been shown, by this deity that I'll call Satan for convenience, how I was "hog tied" by my own fear, and I have been showered in such extreem love, it felt like I was standing under Niagra Falls! I asked him "Are you God?"

He said, "No, but I've been in his presence, and now your in mine."

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Its not worth it to gain the world and lose your soul. This is low level ego stuff, and hence his attraction to the dark side.

Im a mystical christian who adores nonduality, buddhism, and advaita. The states that i experience daily and my enlightenments, i would never ever trade for money, booty, and power. Ive even been in some of those power circles filled with multimillionaires who practice satanism and high level masons and they knew i was walking closely with the truth, God, Christ and felt threatened by me even though i only exuded peace and Love.

Attraction to satanism and instant manifestation all comes from the ego/mind which is not the real you, but a hijacker that has tricked you into all this low level petty spiritual games. Im not saying "you" in general, but whoever gets into all this petty crap that costs your soul, is soooooo not worth it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProdigalSon

Your level of presumption, good sir, approaches the height of ignorance. You do not know me nor have any idea what I know about Crowley. You further profess complete ignorance of koeting, yet make statements about him never the less.

I was not going to take your bait to derail the thread but could not resist calling a spade...I promise not to respond to you further.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thoughts create the mold for reality and strong emotions energize the thoughts. The stronger the emotions, the sooner the thoughts become reality. Every action by humans affects all reality, every action is preceded by thoughts and emotions. This, in my opinion, is the basis for our reality as well as magic spells and faith based miracles.

I believe that pagan gods (including Satan) reward selfish material desires on earth quickly, where as Jesus (for the most part) rewards unselfish spiritual desires later in the afterlife. I also believe that there is no need to invoke or control spiritual beings to create change in accordance with one's will, however, the more people involved, the quicker the results.

It is most important to consider when desiring a result in reality that you are sure of what you want and are willing to deal with the unexpected consequences of getting what you think you want. Be prepared in such undertakings as we are only human and limited in our ability to give consideration to all the possible repercussions of our actions, be they spiritual, physical or some combination of both.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I often describe myself as a Luciferian.
Though I do not believe Lucifer is synonymous with Satan.
I view the being known as God as to be synonymous with Satan however.
Satan controls this world, but he is not the true God. He is merely a being trying to become like the true god, and to do so he needs the spirits of heaven to become one with him.
We are the Spirits of heaven, trapped in the physical realm, to break our will and make us become one with Satan.
Lucifer is a chosen angel of the true god, sent to this realm to awaken and grant knowledge needed to break away this world we know.

Why would Satan grant gifts to people who pray to him for personal gain? Because these individuals worship the physical realm, and worship his creation.

A very demiurgic belief system, and I don't buy into it fully.
I am ultimately a agnostic atheist. But this idea holds some merit to me.
edit on 18-9-2011 by FreezingVoid because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join