It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

purpose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
how does one find purpose in this world when everything seems so insignificant and pointless

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
how does one find purpose in this world when everything seems so insignificant and pointless

Nothing is trivial, insignificant, or pointless. Or it all is. Either way, your purpose is to love and realize that significance is relative and thus irrelevant.

Love, brother. Its importance can't be measured by enormity and it can match the epic scale of the universe and the microcosms of events you cannot even see.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Cuervo because: Not through with my first cup of coffee.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

it's all up to you.

you want to be a party pooper / Debbie Downer, so be it.

if you want to change the world, you can.

"only thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I was going to reply with something intelligent, deep and thought provoking. But then it seemed pointless.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

boncho
are you obese?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Love and be loved....be kind .....and when you make mistakes...own up to them....correct yourself...forgive yourself and others...realize that your fellow humans....are just as important as you are...that they matter.

There is an old saying: "A loser is not someone who tries and fails....a loser is someone who fails to try."

We all need to keep ....trying. Kindness is a strength.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

boncho
are you obese?

Reasoning behind the question?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

boncho
are you obese?

Reasoning behind the question?

because of kittens in the hat
eating bronson

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It is purpose that created us. Purpose that connects us. Purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drive us. It is purpose that defines, purpose that binds us.

Sincerely,
The Smiths

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I would encorage you and most others to read this blog. Scroll down to the end of the page and begin with his first entry.

kainagata.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
We are the ones that bring meaning to our lives. We decide if life is indeed meaningful or not, the meaning to life is not universal, but individual. In my opinion, my life means to learn about the nature of existence, reality, consciousness, growing spiritually, and helping people in need. No one created that for me but myself. It is never too late to bring meaning to your life and give yourself a purpose for existing. You may just need a push in the right direction to get you to realize what's really important in life, and the significance of your existence. Learn..learn as much as you can. Philosophy is a great subject to study and I believe you'll learn to develop new ways of critical thinking and analysis if you take a course in it, you'll learn how all the great thinkers of our history viewed life and what it meant to them.

Disconnect from any form of materialism, and reconnect with spirituality, if that's a problem that you may be dealing with (don't take that as an insult). Once your mind is awakened, and purity is restored to your soul, I believe you will find meaning in life. Get away from anything that is toxic to your mind (ie: fluoride, heavy metals, television, etc), detoxify your body and pineal gland, and start to experience God. You will realize that life isn't a mistake, and that we are indeed here for a purpose.
edit on 18-9-2011 by gsmith524 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

everything seems so insignificant and pointless

I think you meant "feels" so insignificant. If you meant "seems" I cannot think of much light you have lost because every living thing has a subconscious behind their perceptions and ideas. To feel that way is common and its a simple brain chemical imbalance, the next day you can wake up feeling significant if that is corrected or added to.

The last year I have faded away from life, I lost some friends and I missed things important, not really in my ideal place. Yet like an eagle I can reserve my mind on instinct and thrive to learn the functions of potential, strive to have the knowledge and the action that will set me free.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, if you feel that there is no purpose then to me one needs to go on a walk about as those upside down ozzies say. Of sorts anyways, make a list of things you have always wanted to do or places you have always wanted to visit even if you do not have the money now. Then chose someplace far away from your current life that you can go to, and take a few weeks just to be by yourself. For instance one of my favorite places in the world is Glacier National Park, but unfortunately I live so far away from there it is impossible for me to make monthly visits anymore. But I found Guadalupe National Park which is only a few hours away. When I feel like life is crumbling around me, and granted felt that way last week, I boot up a picture of Guadalupe Peak the highest mountain in Texas, and Carlsbad Caverns and realize there is still beauty here we just forget where to look sometimes.

Much love and courage in your quest to find yourself, all you have to do is figure out where to look.

top topics

join