It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is exploding!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I support his Ron's views and have not noticed anyone else trying to do what he is doing ever.

#1 Destroy the FED [Which also would help get rid of #2]
#2 Stop being the world police .The current heart of our army is being able to bring war to any area of the globe in 24 hrs, I believe we would be much better being a more defensive orientated military instead of having to occupy foreign soil to cover a fraction of the cost of upkeep/exploded munitions/ect. Plus who would invade our country as it is even with troops on different fronts, let alone all of them being here at one time.
#3 Ending prohibition. It never works, never has worked, never will work. You can't just tell people not to do heroin when the people who are making the laws are protecting the cultivation,manufacturing, and even transport and distribution of it themselves.

Look at Sweden for proof that removing prohibition reduces the rate of drug addicts and prison population. However in Sweden they also teach the difference between light drugs that are non harmful like pot, mushrooms ect. and hard drugs like cocain, heroin,ect. and they teach you why you should never touch hard drugs.

#4 Smaller Government, which any reasonable person does not need that explained to them why that is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Sorry I'm not into foreign politics that much, but what is this Ron Paul all about? To me it seems once a thread here on ATS with Ron Paul in the title is opened it becomes a hit

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Just go look up his videos on youtube and prepare to be amazed!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Great post we all should love Ron Paul, if the media in the Uk and also America had there way we wouldnt even know what or who a president is or even have the vote the only thing our goverments and media want is our compliance we should be spending or working not thinking about things like this.

Ive no doubt that the thought and internet police will be out to get us now they see that we are all waking up hell even my friends who were great little sheeple relize all the lies.

We have relized the biggest lie of all, that we are all individuals isnt true anymore. They must be scared if they playing games like this maybe we are in a better position than we think.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The only concern I have with Ron Paul is in comprimise. I like a lot of what he talks about, but no president can get everything they want when they want it. Does he have a timeline for getting US off Social Security/Medicare/IRS/CIA/ the Fed? I doubt he could make much headway changing these and I would like to know how he will compromise to keep things from coming to a screaching halt. What will be his priorities, IRS.... the Fed...?

I kow even if he can't get a single thing past congress he alone ultimately controls foriegn relations and that is enough for my vote. He will bring troops home ( and hopefully get rid of all the contractors). He will not interfer with other countries. He will not give them money. And that my friend could very well balance the budget in and of itself.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It will be very interesting to see if he can actually pull this off. I have some serious doubts whether or not he can without major media backing him. Should be interesting to watch either way.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

#1 Destroy the FED

It's a nice fantasy, it really is, but that's all it is, a fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the fed's charter revoked, our currency returned to the Treasury department, and the Federal Reserve Bank put on the hook for all of America's debt. But, with the way Washington works, that's not going to ever happen. We would need every single congressman and senator removed from office and replaced with independents before they would agree to that.

#2 Stop being the world police.

This is another example of Ron Paul's smoke up the bum campaign style. It sounds great, but seriously, how is he going to accomplish that? The truth is, he won't. America unfortunately is the new Roman Empire, and as such, it has to defend it's territory which it sees as the entire world.

#3 Ending prohibition.

And can you show us where Ron Paul wants to do this? Here's a link to his website www.ronpaul2012.com... please link us and quote where he wants to do this. I think this is an example of someone who believes so much in a candidate that they will actually make stuff up about the candidate.

Much like this lady believed Obama was gonna pay her mortgage and gas:

I bet she's disappointed. And I think that you would be disappointed too when Paul fails to meet your expectations.

#4 Smaller Government, which any reasonable person does not need that explained to them why that is a good thing.

How can he possibly want a smaller government when one of the first things he wants to do is overturn Roe V. Wade? That's not smaller government, that's more government intervention into people's lives.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ok, so here's how you get Paul to win. Someone said it earlier, but I am going to emphasize it.

REGISTER REPUBLICAN FOR THE PRIMARIES!!!

Regardless of your affiliation, if you want Ron Paul to win, then change your affiliation to Republican strictly for the primaries, then change back after them. Ensure Paul gets the votes. Register as a delegate, then cast your vote for Paul. Instead of "oh, he can't win" or "We need an independent" (which doesn't exist), use your Constitutionally guaranteed powers and vote Paul in!

If you don't, then the future is on your hands, the future of your children is in your hands, and the bloodshed that will surely follow in the coming years will be on your hands! You have the chance to make this nation great once again. Do not let anyone say that you stood by and let the opportunity pass you by.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

You do realize that there is a large amount of people in congress who would support such a thing if the President did? No one wants to be the first one to send up the support flag, but there are plenty who are willing to join the train.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You do realize that online polls are online polls, not a reflection of true election. Many people who go to election, aren't interested in politics, so they don't vote on internet polls. Many of them are "obama zombies", people who are blindly follow phrase "voting is your duty" despite their lack of political knowledge.

And i am Ron Paul supporter, but the online polls doesn't reflect reality.
Soon we will know the answer.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This reminds me of the Obama hype...
Things will only end badly.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

He's crazy? Why? Cuz he actually defends and supports the Constitution?

Why? Because he wants to overturn Roe V Wade and force women to have children they don't want. For someone who is supposedly against government involvement in people's personal lives, this puts a huge hole in that "less government into people's lives" idea.

Why? Because Ron Paul wants to take poor kids out of the classroom, destroy the public education system and force their parents to home-school them, thus ensuring that we have a larger gap between the have's and the have not's. It's just fine if you are wealthy and want to send your child to a private school, but if you can't afford that, well, he wants you to home school Timmy.

With parents who had sub standard education their lives thanks to the Reagan Era education cuts, this will certainly put a large percentage of children on the wrong track to meaningless jobs and less opportunities. Again, I am sure that there are parents out there that can do an exceptional job in homeschooling their children, but most can't.

Why? Because Ron Paul is a religious zealot and would govern via Christian Cannon Law. He even points this out in his "statement of faith" tab on his campaign website. I'm sorry, this is a Republic, not a theocracy, and I don't want a religious cult leader in charge of the country.

this is absolutely untrue. It has been covered countless times that while he is personally against abortion, He does not think it is the place of federal government to dictate such things. He would leave such decisions up to the individual states.

Also, it is certain that if public schooling was eliminated, that several, affordable, schooling firms would open up to fill that gap. This is because there would be a large market demand for such a thing. I can imagine it being as little as $500 a year, because if 10 million kids are paying $500 a year, these schools would still be making boat loads of money. All that such a measure would do would be to give parents back their right to make a choice.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by frazzle

We have a choice: to vote for another corporate ho or to vote for the man who wants to end the fed, which is the source of all our pain. Could he do it? Well now that's a horse of a different color because so many people are still comfortable with their feudal slave status.

Amen brother, testify! Doesn't matter if he does it or not. It will send a clear message to Washington that this is what we want done. Ending the Fed is the minimum that we need, to get through this little spiderweb that we find ourselves in, therefore we have to try. I don't really want to live in the woods, do you? Whether we get the Fed ended or not, do we have a choice when it comes this decision? What else can we do? Knuckle under and go back to sleep? That is what got us into trouble, sleeping like babies as the plans were laid.

I don't necessarily agree that it doesn't matter whether or not he could get it passed, but he certainly couldn't do it with all the corporate ho's in the legislature and senate. Getting them out of office and replacing them with people who aren't joined at the hip to the banksters is of equal importance to who ends up president.

I wouldn't mind living in the woods if that's what it took to end this top down economy.

Did you know what the Glass-Steigel act was before last year? Do you know now? Better yet did you know when it was repealed back in the Clinton administration? Did you even hear it was repealed? See, we were asleep, even though Thomas Jefferson specifically warned us about this.

Glass Steagall and all the rest of the regulations/acts/amendments that have been tried and overthrown are all attempts to treat symptoms. The disease is Wall Street and people can protest until the cows come home, cutting out the disease needs to happen first so we can start the healing process (which is not to diss the people who are protesting and bringing the #1 national scam to the public's wandering eye.)

So I ask the "OSers" - you know who you are - of this topic, why not put your vote where your mouth is? If Ron Paul has no chance, why don't you guys vote for him and prove us wrong? Want to? I mean if he has no chance, you guys could even vote for him and he would still lose, right? That would put egg on our faces pretty good, huh? Yeah, that would show us!

He has no chance with the media simply because he IS the anti fed candidate and that threatens their cushy bread and butter lives. If he won they'd try other means to see that he didn't stay elected.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

He's crazy? Why? Cuz he actually defends and supports the Constitution?

Why? Because he wants to overturn Roe V Wade and force women to have children they don't want. For someone who is supposedly against government involvement in people's personal lives, this puts a huge hole in that "less government into people's lives" idea.

Why? Because Ron Paul wants to take poor kids out of the classroom, destroy the public education system and force their parents to home-school them, thus ensuring that we have a larger gap between the have's and the have not's. It's just fine if you are wealthy and want to send your child to a private school, but if you can't afford that, well, he wants you to home school Timmy.

With parents who had sub standard education their lives thanks to the Reagan Era education cuts, this will certainly put a large percentage of children on the wrong track to meaningless jobs and less opportunities. Again, I am sure that there are parents out there that can do an exceptional job in homeschooling their children, but most can't.

Why? Because Ron Paul is a religious zealot and would govern via Christian Cannon Law. He even points this out in his "statement of faith" tab on his campaign website. I'm sorry, this is a Republic, not a theocracy, and I don't want a religious cult leader in charge of the country.

I have to reply to this typical american comment, If you don't want kids, then keep it in your pants, or don't open your legs! pure and simple, As far as maybe rape or along those lines, the the matter should be considered, but not just cause of the first... im biting my tongue here with this comment

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by Ittabena

There is no source to all our pain. To think that we have one thing ruining our lives is making a scapegoat and nothing more.. I hate to break it to ya, life was not intended to be easy. If you want a source to our pain, life is you're answer.

Ben Franklin said it so much better than I could ...

Colonial Script

Contributed by: Dave Hayes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A study of American Colonial history will reveal that Benjamin Franklin went to England as a representative of the Colonies.

The English officials asked how it was the Colonies managed to collect enough taxes to build poor houses, and how they were able to handle the great burden of caring for the poor. Franklin's reply was most revealing: "We have no poor houses in the Colonies, and if we had, we would have no one to put in them, as in the Colonies there is not a single unemployed man, no poor and no vagabonds." Think long and hard about this. In the American colonies before the American Revolution, there was "not a single unemployed man, no poor and no vagabonds". -- no one on Welfare, no one on Social Security, no homeless, no income tax, no alphabet agencies, No IRS, BATF, FBI, DEA, CIA, HEW, OSHA, SBA, and on and on and on to provide for the "general welfare" of our villages, towns, cities and states. How did Benjamin Franklin explain this to the British officials of his day?

How would he explain it to today's lawyers, judges, politicians and other government officials? "It is because, in the Colonies, we issue our own paper money. We call it Colonial Script, and we issue only enough to move all goods freely from the producers to the Consumers; and as we create our money, we control the purchasing power of money, and have no interest to pay."
-Benjamin Franklin

This system guarantees HONEST MONEY. It was not controlled by a private corporation with a monopoly on the credit of the nation as it is today.

There was no inflation or deflation, as long as the MONEY SUPPLY WAS KEPT EQUAL TO THE VALUE OF GOODS AND SERVICES TO BE PRODUCED AND MOVED (distributed).

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Another uk supporter here

The media are just crazy if they choose to ignore him. Sure the smear campain will continue against Ron Paul, but they are living in a dream world if they think its working. From where we all are over here it looks great for him at the moment. Wish he was British, we could do with a Ron Paul at the moment.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ron Paul is a pacifist idiot.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ron Paul is a pacifist idiot.

As opposed to a warmongering psychopath? I'll take the pacifist any day thanks.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
yeah after he effectively dismantles our military he will have fun bending over for an invading force. His ideas are like fantasy land. I dont know what world he is living in.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

There will be enough of a military left to adequately defend your borders. It's only the warmongering psychopaths that feel a need to maintain an invading force and war on multiple fronts.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join