It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is exploding!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
I get exhausted by hearing the same arguments against him over... and over... and over again.

"Ron Paul is TOO old!"

"Ron Paul is TOO crazy!"

"Ron Paul buys his votes!"

"Ron Paul wears a tinfoil hat!"

*yawn*

The arguments are lame. How about researching how many Presidents were elected on their 3rd try? Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan.

As far as the age argument, how come no other candidates felt up to accepting his recent challenge? 20 mile bike ride in the 107 degree heat. Not one person accepted.

He's crazy? Why? Cuz he actually defends and supports the Constitution? Cuz he doesn't want to send young men and women to fight wars for the bankers? I think the crazy people are those who support more war mongering candidates.

Ron Paul has far more support than he had in both 1988 and 2008. Anyone with even the simple ability to use Google could verify that.

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by HauntWok

The guy has been in congress for 30+ years, that alone turns me off to him, you can't say he's not a career politician with 30+ years in government.

That is one thing that has always bothered me...with all that time in govt, he has not been able to implement one of his 'brilliant' ideas. How can he expect to do it if elected president?

As far as the "career politician" statement, he isn't. He is a Statesman. He has been consistent and fought for the cause of Liberty his entire time in office. He isn't scheming off the backs of his constituents.

As for the not getting his brilliant ideas passed - it is very hard to do when he's the ONLY person in Congress who is actually for the people. Does that mean we shouldn't support him? No. On the contrary, we should do it just for the purpose of sending Washington D.C. a message that we're sick of them.

Congressman Justin Amash just officially endorsed Ron Paul yesterday. As more brave men rise up and demand integrity, more "brilliant ideas" will be passed and become the norm. But first, we need a revolution of the People. We have to stand up and demand better leadership.
edit on 18-9-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

Well said! And to those who don't support Ron Paul, why don't you start your own thread somewhere else about whichever presidential candidate YOU think is more qualified and will do a better job of turning this country around for the better, along with all the great reasons why you support them. Surely you've got someone else picked out who's at least ten times better to be making all these negative remarks about Ron Paul. Tell us who it is! Then, IF we're interested, we'll come by and read your post and most likely leave without making any comments at all (those crazy civilized Ron Paul supporters - must be a cult). I would think that would be a more productive use of your time than coming to a thread supporting someone that you don't and unsuccessfully trying to trash them. It would certainly make it easier for people that want to read this thread to get through it. It's funny, you never see threads started saying how great any other presidential candidate is on here or with as much support. I wonder why.

Great video by the way.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If you all want to see the REAL Ron Paul, might I suggest looking at his donations near votes...

maplight.org...

That will give you a real sense as to who Ron Paul really works for, and I'll give you a hint, it's not you.

Special interest groups pay Paul per vote and they usually get what they want and that is the REAL Ron Paul and that's why he shouldn't be elected.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

He's crazy? Why? Cuz he actually defends and supports the Constitution? Cuz he doesn't want to send young men and women to fight wars for the bankers? I think the crazy people are those who support more war mongering candidates.

Because of his open borders policy.

Do you support open borders between your town and the next town? How about between your state and the next state? How about with the US and Canada? How about with the US and Mexico? Oh, as it turns out his open border policy is only moderately different than brainwashed nationalists (ie you).

Because of his dangerous foreign policy.

Oh you mean his safe foreign policy. Switzerland PROVES that Ron Paul's concept of staying the hell out of people's business except in self-defence is the safest possible foreign policy. Look up Switzerland's foreign policy. Then look how safe they have been. You're absolutely clueless on foreign policy... and its because you don't know your history or how the world really works. Comparing and contrasting different policies and looking at their results is the best way to figure out the best one. Try it once.

Because of his crazy drug policy.

Its common sense that prohibition does not work. Or more accurately, history has already taught us that drug prohibition leads to greater and ever-greater gang problems. Mexico is one big gang problem for example and it will spread to the USA. Crazy is doing something that doesn't wok over and over. So I'd say your prohibitionist policy is nuts for sure. You should learn from history and restore sanity to your mind. Its a simple fact, common sense, and well-documented information, that the crimes related to drug prohibition are vastly more problematic than the OD's and intoxication that happen without it.

If you had to name his closest philosophical partner in congress, who would it be? Kucinich, who is a certified loon?

Ah, I see your strategy now. If someone is honest, they are a loon. I'm sorry but the fact of the matter is that if you hate honesty that makes you much more likely to be nuts. Like Ron Paul, Kucinich is an absolute genius in debates. He absolutely makes the other people on the stage (like Paul does) appear like the pathetic stooges that they are.

Answer this: How many important pieces of legislation has he proposed? How many made it to law?
Well there is clearly your problem, you don't think we have enough laws. A million pages isn't enough for you. You want five million. Wow you are backwards. The more important question is how many pieces of legislation has he supported the repeal of. I'm not sure the answer to that and will happily look it up if you really care.

I'm sorry to hear most of your beliefs are based in fantasy and total nonsense. I hope in the future you're level of ignorance will go down by researching problems we have today and the proper solutions for them that are the most proven to work. Hopefully you'll learn all about history so you can learn from it too. Start with alcohol prohibition and work your way from there is my advice.
edit on 18-9-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
People will say this is superficial, and it probably is...but Ron Paul really needs to work on his delivery...he still tends to fumble about and mumble his words when talking and making his points, it is such a simple thing to fix and would greatly increase the impact his answers and views have imo. Im a big fan of Ron but even i tend to shake my head when he starts doing this at debates, mostly because as i said it is such a simple thing to fix and would greatly help his appeal....im not sure if it is just old age catching up with him or because he is simply not a good public speaker.

Great point. I don't think it's superficial, in fact I was just making a comment about this same thing on another thread. The majority of people are used to polished presidents with catchy slogans that have a commanding presence and make them feel good. What they truly stand for usually comes in second to that. I believe if Ron Paul did work on his delivery and presence as you say, it would increase his chances of winning it all tenfold. If he continues on unchanged I believe that alone could be his downfall. This really needs to be brought to his attention. Old age is not the culprit, he's probably in better shape with a sharper mind than most people 20 years younger than him. This is an issue that can be fixed by becoming aware of it and having proper coaching. Either way I will still support him though, financially and otherwise and I'm glad to see him starting to gain more traction.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
If you all want to see the REAL Ron Paul, might I suggest looking at his donations near votes...

maplight.org...

That will give you a real sense as to who Ron Paul really works for, and I'll give you a hint, it's not you.

Special interest groups pay Paul per vote and they usually get what they want and that is the REAL Ron Paul and that's why he shouldn't be elected.

Look at the top donors for all those groups. The top donors for Obama are "Lawyers and Law Firms". Lawyers and Law Firms seem to have no interest in Ron Paul. Special interest groups don't visit Ron Paul's office. Yet they do visit the office of every other congressman I know of, and the "Lawyers and Law Firms" seem to be the top contributor to a very large number of the snake-oil slicksters. Why is that? Please explain. The chart you present does not really do much good without a comparative analysis.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Exciting times we live in...so much going on and so much anticipation for what's to come! Ron Paul is a "people's man" and in the times we live in that's exactly what's needed. Put trust back in the power of the country in one way or another. I feel if RP doesn't get elected there will be days of rage in this country like none before. Why? Because the people will know they were duped seeing as he will most likely have the votes and some ass hat puppet will still get voted in.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I clicked the link and I'm confused at what you're trying to say here because anybody can freely donate to any campaign that they please, name one politician that hasn't accepted one donation?

By your logic all politicians must be pre-disposed with wealth to run and win the campaigns.

I and millions of average joe Americans have donated to Ron Paul's campaigns before, do we have special interests? HELL YES! my special interest is that I want to bring our troops home, I want peace, I want to end the federal reserve, I want to abolish the IRS, I want to own my own property without anybody having a say in it.

edit on 18-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged!!!

I'm so freaking excited and hype to vote for this guy! I'm 26 years old and have never once voted!

My vote will be WORTH IT!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

...The problem with Ron Paul isn't that ... people know crazy, and Ron Paul for however sense he actually makes is bat (snip) insane and doesn't really stand a chance in a presidential campaign.

Let's also look at the fact that he's old. He's 76 for crying out loud, shouldn't he be retired by now?

...and Ron Paul attracts the truly insane and delusional. These people that follow Ron Paul like he's some sort of god or messiah truly are a cult.

If Ron Paul told his followers to douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves on fire, many of his die hard supporters would...

The truth is, Ron Paul does get a lot of media attention, but it's well played media attention, he is trying for a viral "poor me" underdog campaign and it's a lie.

Your arguments are what are generally called an ad hominem attack. An ad hominem attack is the last resort of a person who knows that he has no leg to stand on, so he falls back to personal attacks and invective in order to derail the discourse and to try to shame or embarrass his opponents into submission to his point of view.

Fact is, to any thinking person, when you resort to personal attack, you are just showing your weak underbelly. Rather sad, really.

So, sorry, buddy, you loose. If you had come into this discussion with an well thought out, factually sound and intellectually valid argument, I'd have given you ear. As it is, you are just one of the many who can do nothing more than throw insults and unverifiable accusations at the man.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
im voting for ron paul because i want to vote for someone i chose not someone chosen by the bilderbergers

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Regardless of if you are a Ron Paul fan or not... you must admit that Ron Paul truly is "Exploding!"

Ron Paul Wins 2011 California Straw Poll

2011 Straw Poll Full Results (Votes, %)
Congressman Ron Paul (374, 44.9%)
Governor Rick Perry (244, 29.3%)
Mitt Romney (74, 8.8%)
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (64, 7.7%)
Jon Huntsman (17, 2.0%)
Herman Cain (15, 1.8%)
Newt Gingrich (14, 1.7%)
Thad McCotter (7, 0.8%)
Rick Santorum (7, 0.8%)
Gary Johnson (2, 0.2%)
Fred Karger (1, 0.1%) Write-ins (15, 1.8%)

edit on 18-9-2011 by hero_25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If chuck norris had a twin, it would be ron paul.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

If Ron Paul told his followers to douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves on fire, many of his die hard supporters would...

The truth is, Ron Paul does get a lot of media attention, but it's well played media attention, he is trying for a viral "poor me" underdog campaign and it's a lie.

That's part of the point though... Ron Paul would never tell anyone to douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves on fire because the constitution doesn't give him the authority to do so.

And if you truly believe that the media attack - whether through negligence or hit piece - is a lie, then you just don't really know what's going on do you

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The person saying that Ron's 'followers' are crazy and acting like he's a god and so on, remember when Obama was running? All those people were freaking out and praising HIM as well with just as much gusto.

listen to this vid: I was looking for vids of his supporters and how into him they were; these are just like Ron Paul supporters - but listen to what Obama was PROMISING! A united country! Ending the war! loool

www.videojug.com...

Ridiculous.

I vote Ron all the way.
Ron Paul '12

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

maplight.org...

And this link tells us what exactly? Nothing important that I can see.

Let me just humor you for a minute though and say that you have a legitimate point. What then? Who would you suggest we support in place of Ron Paul? One of the other Republican candidates? LOL! Are you saying there's a potential candidate out there that doesn't take money from any special interest groups that want to support them, so they can claim that they aren't selling out to anyone? Are you saying there's someone else out there with similar ideas to improve our country but is more worthy of our vote? Are you suggesting there is a Perfect Presidential candidate out there, who can please everyone on every issue we can throw at them? We both know there's no such thing. That's why we have Republicans and Democrats and people fight about the differences.

People who support Ron Paul do so because we've heard his message and understand he is the best shot of a candidate from either side, who could potentially get elected, and start to undo the corruption that's taken place in our country over the last hundred years. He's not 100% perfect and no one ever will be. But even if there's issues with him that people don't like, there's no way you could convince his supporters that there's anyone else right now that this country would be better off with as president. Look at all the other Republican candidates. Listen to them talk. They may as well have "Puppet" written across their forehead. I surely can't garner how they would be working for "us".

Instead of trying to poke holes in his campaign or find flaws in his character, why don't you just support him instead. Unless you'd like to keep things going the way they have been in the white house. Or maybe you have a better candidate for us to consider - this so called Super President who is perfect in every way and has a shoe into the white house. Don't keep them a secret! I'll be keeping an eye out for your NEW thread on just that subject since we don't want to go off topic here.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Is this better?

influenceexplorer.com...

Notice the large majority of Oil and Gas contributions

or this

influenceexplorer.com...

securities and investments

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I was going to vote for Ron Paul awhile back ago but by the time voting came up , he dropped out. So, If I go to vote for him in 2012, is he going drop out just before the voting again? Maybe that's why the MSM not bothering to cover him. Can you really rely on the guy to actually finish the election this time? Or, is he going to pull the same stunt like he did the last time?
edit on 18-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

He dropped out? He was up there as one of the last men standing next to McCain in 08 as I recall. MSM refuses to cover him because he is a legitimate threat to the established rule. Perhaps you need to educate yourself before you go out speaking in public because you really don't look to bright when you spread untruthful things. The only stunt being pulled is the bs your trying to pass off as truth. Look at how much in donations he got just from our military alone, more than even Obama got. The only real hope for this country has for real change is Ron Paul in 2012.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Yes his popularity is exploding for sure.
You don't want to manifest any alternate reality here.
I would be careful with my choice of words and understand the only ones against Ron Paul might be a pro-war military industrial complex. I am sure he is a match for them though...after all he has Rand kind of like a "Robin" at his side. I really do hope his candidacy is taken seriously. What if he ends up as a write in?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by infrared

Originally posted by Solomons
People will say this is superficial, and it probably is...but Ron Paul really needs to work on his delivery...he still tends to fumble about and mumble his words when talking and making his points, it is such a simple thing to fix and would greatly increase the impact his answers and views have imo. Im a big fan of Ron but even i tend to shake my head when he starts doing this at debates, mostly because as i said it is such a simple thing to fix and would greatly help his appeal....im not sure if it is just old age catching up with him or because he is simply not a good public speaker.

Great point. I don't think it's superficial, in fact I was just making a comment about this same thing on another thread. The majority of people are used to polished presidents with catchy slogans that have a commanding presence and make them feel good. What they truly stand for usually comes in second to that. I believe if Ron Paul did work on his delivery and presence as you say, it would increase his chances of winning it all tenfold. If he continues on unchanged I believe that alone could be his downfall. This really needs to be brought to his attention. Old age is not the culprit, he's probably in better shape with a sharper mind than most people 20 years younger than him. This is an issue that can be fixed by becoming aware of it and having proper coaching. Either way I will still support him though, financially and otherwise and I'm glad to see him starting to gain more traction.

Imagine yourself, for example, in his shoes with some bozo running the question across 'Are you even electable?'... Certainly, it's a mind f***, which startles you, frustrates you, and baffles you, and puts you on the spot. It's only human that with all of these emotions running through your brain, it adds a bit of a ripple to your speech pattern.

Sometimes he runs into these situations during MSM debates and interviews due to off-the-wall questions or accusations are thrown at him, and he's trying to compress a rather complicated response into a short, simple answer. Let's face it, the guy gets put through the ringer unlike anyone else, and it's really quite surprising he can work through the ripple, and deliver a solid answer nearly every time he's faced with a difficult question - often times, where the question's sole purpose is to try and knock him off balance.

Go look into his other speeches, or whatever it is where he is playing a speaking role, and you won't find this kind of damper in his ability to speak. It's a non-issue. It's something we've maybe seen a few times in a debate or what have you, but that's it. He's really a great speaker when he doesn't have a piano hanging over his head.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul 2012.....Please

Thank You

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join