It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is exploding!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

With your last post you clearly identified the problem. You haven't researched Ron Paul.

Instead of dissecting your entire post though, I'm going to jump to your statement about his "open border policy" and his "dangerous foreign policy."

#1. He doesn't support open border.

1. Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
2. Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
3. No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
4. No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
5. End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
6. Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

#2. His foreign policy is NOT dangerous. Our current foreign policy most definitely is.

We simply can't continue to be the world police and expect our nation to survive. His foreign policy is the strongest of all the candidates. His support from the military should prove this. He receives more financial donations than all the other candidates COMBINED.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well, one major thing is how much more committed he is. He has already declared he won't be running for reelection of his Congressional position. He said he wants to prove to people that he is in this to win and is focusing entirely on his Presidential candidacy.

Vote for him knowing he is without a doubt the best chance we have and that your vote will definitely not be wasted.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

Well, one major thing is how much more committed he is. He has already declared he won't be running for reelection of his Congressional position. He said he wants to prove to people that he is in this to win and is focusing entirely on his Presidential candidacy.

Vote for him knowing he is without a doubt the best chance we have and that your vote will definitely not be wasted.

That's what he said the last time. When he wasn't on the ballot, I was like the WTF. So, I checked independent, because there was no else I liked. If he runs, I'll vote. But, if he pulls another stunt like he did the last time. He'll never get my vote, ever again.

It's like he's all talk, but never walks the walk or plank. He's starting to remind me of people I know. They can open their mouth but they can't do the actually doing of what they say.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well in his defense last time, and ours. We weren't expecting what happened. The complete shut out. They didn't even let him attend several debates. On top of that, several people were reporting fraud at Primary voting locations. Grannies For Ron Paul had their PayPal account froze and then emptied. On top of that, hardly anyone understood that you have to be registered Republican to vote in the Primaries in most states. So when they went to vote for him, they couldn't because they were Independent or Democrat.

Also, he was looking towards his Congressional reelection at the time. That isn't a problem any longer.

Things are completely different this time. Look how he's winning the major Straw Polls or at least polling very high. In national polls he is virtually tied with Obama. His money bombs far exceed where he was in 2007 at this time. His military donations exceed 2007 at this time. Facebook is being used far more effectively and we're actually accomplishing many goals.

I am pretty sure I can say with all certainty that you don't need to worry about him dropping out. He didn't technically drop out last time either. He was frustrated and shut out. We all were.

Keep your head up and stay strong. It's a r3VOLution and will require everything and everyone we have.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have never liked/loved a politician more then Ron Paul
JFK would be proud if Ron win the 2012 elections

I wish we coult elect Ron Paul in Canada to

imagine if he was President of the North American Continent
im pretty sure he would do a better job then Primer minister Harper
another Aipac-Bush-Obama puppet

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Guess will see come election time. If he's on there, I will vote for him again. But if he's not, I'm not going to even bother voting. Because it seems pointless anyways. The person you vote for, never gets elected, and the one you don't want voted, seems to always be elected. It's like why bother putting a vote in, it doesn't matter anyway.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Well I hope when you say, "election time," that you mean in the Primaries. That is where we got hurt the last time. Make sure you're registered to vote in your state Primary and then help us continue the fight towards the General Election against Obama.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I get exhausted by hearing the same arguments against him over... and over... and over again.

"Ron Paul is TOO old!"

"Ron Paul is TOO crazy!"

"Ron Paul buys his votes!"

"Ron Paul wears a tinfoil hat!"

The only one I'll address is the cost one. In the Iowa straw poll he had the most expensive booth available. Why, in a meaningless poll?

The arguments are lame. How about researching how many Presidents were elected on their 3rd try? Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan.

Now that's a lame argument..meaningless.

As far as the age argument, how come no other candidates felt up to accepting his recent challenge? 20 mile bike ride in the 107 degree heat. Not one person accepted.

Common sense?

He's crazy? Why? Cuz he actually defends and supports the Constitution? Cuz he doesn't want to send young men and women to fight wars for the bankers? I think the crazy people are those who support more war mongering candidates.

Because of his open borders policy. Because of his dangerous foreign policy. Because of his crazy drug policy.

Answer this: How many important pieces of legislation has he proposed? How many made it to law?

If you had to name his closest philosophical partner in congress, who would it be? Kucinich, who is a certified loon?

Hold on... open border policy? Please show me the proof? Ron Paul is anti amnesty and he wants to end programs that help illegal immigration. Where did you pull this from? Your ***?

Dangerous foreign policy? How is brininging our troops home dangerous? How is ending all the illegal and undeclarred wars dangerous? How exactly is ending the 2+ trillion wasted on war dangerous? Do you even know what year it is?

Crazy drug policy? You do know that there was a time that anyone could walk into a drug store and buy anything they wanted right? You do know that the United States has the HIGHEST prison population in the world right? And that the majority of these prisons are privately owned for profit? You do know that the troops are helping the Afghans grow the drugs in Afghanastan right? And that by legalizing drugs you would end 90% of the violence not only on the streets of America but all around our border... You do know this right?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
People will say this is superficial, and it probably is...but Ron Paul really needs to work on his delivery...he still tends to fumble about and mumble his words when talking and making his points, it is such a simple thing to fix and would greatly increase the impact his answers and views have imo. Im a big fan of Ron but even i tend to shake my head when he starts doing this at debates, mostly because as i said it is such a simple thing to fix and would greatly help his appeal....im not sure if it is just old age catching up with him or because he is simply not a good public speaker.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

He's crazy? Why? Cuz he actually defends and supports the Constitution?

Why? Because he wants to overturn Roe V Wade and force women to have children they don't want. For someone who is supposedly against government involvement in people's personal lives, this puts a huge hole in that "less government into people's lives" idea.

Why? Because Ron Paul wants to take poor kids out of the classroom, destroy the public education system and force their parents to home-school them, thus ensuring that we have a larger gap between the have's and the have not's. It's just fine if you are wealthy and want to send your child to a private school, but if you can't afford that, well, he wants you to home school Timmy.

With parents who had sub standard education their lives thanks to the Reagan Era education cuts, this will certainly put a large percentage of children on the wrong track to meaningless jobs and less opportunities. Again, I am sure that there are parents out there that can do an exceptional job in homeschooling their children, but most can't.

Why? Because Ron Paul is a religious zealot and would govern via Christian Cannon Law. He even points this out in his "statement of faith" tab on his campaign website. I'm sorry, this is a Republic, not a theocracy, and I don't want a religious cult leader in charge of the country.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

With your last post you clearly identified the problem. You haven't researched Ron Paul.

Instead of dissecting your entire post though, I'm going to jump to your statement about his "open border policy" and his "dangerous foreign policy."

#1. He doesn't support open border.

1. Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
2. Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
3. No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
4. No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
5. End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
6. Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

When it comes to immigration, I accept the research of NumbersUSA , which is an org soley dedicated to immigration issues. They rate Ron Paul at a letter grade of F, just above Barack Obama at F-. Instead of cut/paste all of it, I refer you to the link.

E-Verify, for example, is key in weeding out illegals working in the US. Paul, however, says that he doesn't think employers should "be in the business of law enforcement". In other words, they should not be required to report illegals. That's just insane.

Ron Paul votes Against E-Verify
edit on 18-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm just jacked to read this. We've come along way since the "Change" received in 2008. I feel as though SOME are waking up. I'm currently trying to set up a Ron Paul campaign office in western Wisconsin. If anyone on here reads this and is interested, please contact! Let's get the ball rolling and get it done right this time!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

And the last thing that truly irks me about Ron Paul, is the people that he attracts. You can tell a lot about a person by the company that they keep, and Ron Paul attracts the truly insane and delusional. These people that follow Ron Paul like he's some sort of god or messiah truly are a cult. If Ron Paul told his followers to douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves on fire, many of his die hard supporters would. They would think it was the greatest thing in the world. I simply can't support a candidate that appeals to the nut wing like Ron Paul does.

I too am an "Independent Voter," and to me, Ron Paul is the ONLY Congressman that is not in the pocket of the lobby, and further, no other person in Government I have seen in my rather long life has more allegiance to, or follows more the Constitution for the United States of America than Ron Paul! If there one, please show me who it is? You are simply too used to the Criminal Acts of the government, the fact that the lobby's run the country's affairs, and the Military Industrial Complex runs the five, count them, Five shooting wars right now, without a Declaration on any one of them from the Congress, the ONLY body charged with the Declaration of War. some education for you, you seem to need some.

Section. 8. Powers of the Congress

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; — And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

The President does not have the power to make a Declaration of War!

Where do you get that Ron Paul supporters are, in your own words,

truly insane and delusional???
Do you also tend to think that someone who Swears to Defend, and Uphold the Constitution of the United States is insane and delusional?
Ron Paul on the Issues

I am a staunch Ron Paul supporter, and I can assure you I am not insane, or delusional, nor will I pour gasoline on myself and set myself on fire because someone told me to do it. Where do you people get this stuff?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I'm sorry, this is a Republic, not a theocracy, and I don't want a religious cult leader in charge of the country.

As a matter of fact, all Presidents professed to be Christian, except perhaps Thomas Jefferson, who was a Deist. Never was America a Christian Cult, even though many would have it that way, if they actually could. I am beginning to think your information sources are flawed, friend.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Awesome video! S&F.

All you Facebook people...

Wait until Tuesday to embed and share. People are just coming off the weekend, trying to get back into the groove of work, and might not be ready for politico-bombardment, just yet. Update your Facebook status with a short funny joke on Monday: to remind everyone of your 'lighter side.'

Then, on Tuesday morning - wait until 8am or so, so the folks with txt alerts (on) will be sure to get them - hittem with this Gem of a video.

Use that idiot network for a positive purpose - it can be used... by everyone (including us)

Might even be a good idea to have some news/polls linked in the first comments, as well.

Gotta go viral with this guy. Only chance we've got.
edit on 9/18/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You have merely pointed out a few (arguable) gaps in his policies that may or may not make sense (to you). Just like every other candidate (to you).

And then, finished with this...

Why? Because Ron Paul is a religious zealot and would govern via Christian Cannon Law. He even points this out in his "statement of faith" tab on his campaign website. I'm sorry, this is a Republic, not a theocracy, and I don't want a religious cult leader in charge of the country.

I think you need to approach the 'Ron Paul situation' (I'll call it) a little more objectively.

Resign yourself to this fact: a democrat is not going to see the next Presidency - Obama has made sure of that.

Now, with that, you've got Romney or Perry to choose from.

[Keanu Reeves]What do you do!?[/Keanu Reeves]

edit on 9/18/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Resign yourself to this fact: a democrat is not going to see the next Presidency - Obama has made sure of that.

I certainly hope you're right. The last thing we need for this union is yet another Democrat. (well, second to last thing, we certainly don't need Ron Paul in the white house either)

Romney is just a white Obama, and Perry is just a more radical George W. Bush. Good lord, don't we have anyone better?

The only person I will vote for is the independent that more closely represents my values. For those who think that's a wasted vote. I say, it's time to tell the PTB that a vote for an independent is never a wasted vote, it's a vote for the people.

reply to post by autowrench

Never was America a Christian Cult, even though many would have it that way, if they actually could. I am beginning to think your information sources are flawed, friend.

I was talking about Ron Paul supporters. They act like cult members, ready to die at the whim of their leader. Jim Jones claimed to be a Christian as well, in fact he used the bible to his ends, and when he felt the walls close around him, that's when he had 900 of his followers kill themselves. & I'm afraid that would be the Ron Paul legacy when his insane policies which I believe would transform this nation into a theocracy fail, his supporters would fall on the proverbial pike. God knows what they would do if god forbid he was ever assassinated or even died in office.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm with him 100%. I Wish I still worked at msnbc. I'd lOve to
Remind java boy Joe how he was once a big Ron Paul admirer.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Good video! I strongly support Ron Paul for president. He is the truly genuine and intellectual candidate we have running. I've supported him in 2008 and will do so even now. I like his policy and views and the fact that he has stick to his position over and over again consistently.
Why is it that people who are against supporting this man always have nothing intellectual to discuss about in regards to his policy and position but concludes with calling him and his supporters 'insane' or 'too old'?
If that is the best you have to support your reasoning than you should not say a word because you are nothing but a troll.
If you don't support Ron Paul than who do you support and why?
If you DO have your reasons for not supporting Ron Paul than please elaborate your reasoning with facts. If you feel your reason for not supporting Ron Paul is of great significance and reasonable than you should not be afraid to discuss/debate about it.
If you're here spouting nonsensical things by name calling than no one in their right mind should take you seriously at all. Grow up.

Your entire post against Ron Paul engage in making fun of his age, length of time in Congress and making fun of his supporters. I'm not sure what other think, but I think it's nonsensical and shows characteristic of a troll.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm not American, but I must say that Ron Paul's core ideology (beyond US issues) resonates very deeply.
I hope the American people have the balls to votes this man into office.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join