It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Statue of Liberty, giant idol to Babylonian/Roman goddess, welcome to the new Roman Empire.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yes, its true. That very jolly green giant we have standing tall in front of God and everybody off the coast of Long Island, New York is a massive tribute to the Babylonian goddess Ishtar also known as the Roman goddess Libertas.

healtheland.wordpress.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

To which "God" are we pledging allegiance to when we salute the flag and give the pledge? I'd seriously like to know, because i don't think its the Lord.

In fact, this may be all a part of the same grand scheme to have prayer to God and christian school fellowships removed from america's schools. Now you can pray to just about any god other than Yahweh ("the Lord" in hebrew) and you'll be fine, but if you try to gather together to pray to the Lord, the teachers and principals will shoo you away and disband your peaceful gathering. in fact its more acceptable for gangs to gather in school setting than for people to gather to pray to a God that this nation is rapidly forgetting.

America is rapidly becoming the land of the enslaved and the home of warmongerers. In another thread i proposed that the U.S. is the Whore of Babylon (see below link):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, whoever is behind the scenes pulling the strings we are all dancing to, knows that most people will reject God, but they also know how to subconciously indoctrinate a people into a cult or religion while these peoples are completely unawares to the subliminal messaging they are being bombarded with. Ever notice how whenever the national anthem is being played on television, you usually see visuals of the American flag and then that giant idol to Ishtar, and you are being moved to feel "love" for a nation that serves a goddess that most people have never even heard of and don't even know what is going on. This is how badly asleep the american peoples are, they have a huge idol in front of them to an unknown goddess and they think it's a symbol for freedom when instead they are enslaved to the "Queen of Heaven" and don't even know it. Patriotic Atheist? Guess what? Youre being brainwashed to serve a goddess subliminally, oh the outrage.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You do know what the Statue of Liberty is and why it is there?

So how do the Frenchies fit it?
edit on 18-9-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Columbia American Goddess

Google Video Link

Freeman sheds some light on America's goddess Columbia. In this annotated version, Freeman digs deeper into the illuminati symbolism of our mysterious goddess, exploring the possibilities of extra-terrestrial involvement in the creation of civilization.

Here is another about the Occult America

Secret Mysteries of America's Beginnings 2 - Riddles in Stone - Secret Architecture of Washington, D.C.

Google Video Link

"Riddles In Stone: Secret Architecture of Washington, D.C.", will continue to explore the fascinating history behind the origins and focus of the world's most powerful nation: America. Why was this nation founded? How was the precise location of Washington, D.C., determined? What is the meaning of the seemingly countless occult images in our nation's capitol?

Volume II zeroes in on the Masonic & Rosicrucian influence so prevalent amongst our Founding Fathers as they planned, and began to implement, the layout of America's Capitol. For years, extreme controversy has abounded as to the exact meaning of the occult symbols found within the street layout, the buildings, and the monuments of Washington, D.C.

Is there really an inverted Pentagram formed by the street layout just north of the White House? We have discovered the esoteric reason why this Pentagram is missing one segment. Was this city laid out to reflect the vision of a Masonic Christ foreseen by Sir Francis Bacon? Is it true that America's capitol was laid out "according to the stars", i.e., in the astrological shapes of certain planets and stars so revered by occultists? Why did our Masonic Founding Fathers perform "Corn, Wine, and Oil" ceremonies at cornerstone layings and at the dedication of the finished structure? Does this occult "wisdom" represent the interests of America, or a hidden agenda?

As with Volume I, this "Secret Mysteries" series will continue to explore current -- and possibly future -- events by examining America's past. What can these realities mean for the unfolding destiny of America and the world?

Oh America no one really understands you do they?
edit on 18-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

French Freemasons gifted it to the USA.

The Statue of Liberty

Designed by Brother Frederic A. Bartholdi
www.phoenixmasonry.org...

Frederic Bartholdi was one of the early members of Lodge Alsace-Lorraine, Paris (Oct. 14, 1875) which was composed of prominent intellectuals, writers and government representatives. When his famous statue "Liberty Enlightening the World" was achieved, Bartholdi convened his Lodge to review it, even before the statue was shown to the U.S. committee. On June 19, 1884, the Lodge, as if it were a pilgrimage, went in a body to review his masterpiece. On July 4th, 1884 the finished statue was presented to the American Ambassador in Paris, Levi Morton. On August 5th, 1884, the then Grand Master of Masons in New York, William A. Brodie laid the cornerstone of the pedestal of the statue of "Liberty Enlightening the World" with full Masonic ceremony. On November 13, 1884 Bartholdi delivered a lecture and gave the Lodge a report on the history and various methods used in the execution of the statue. Again the Lodge witnessed his emotion when he came back from his visit to the United States in 1887, and he told them of the ardent welcome he had received and of the wide enthusiasm created by his work.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World; French: La Liberté éclairant le monde) is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor, designed by Frédéric Bartholdi and dedicated on October 28, 1886. The statue, a gift to the United States from the people of France, is of a robed female figure representing Libertas, the Roman goddess of freedom, who bears a torch and a tabula ansata (a tablet evoking the law) upon which is inscribed the date of the American Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776. A broken chain lies at her feet. The statue has become an icon of freedom and of the United States.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Babylonian goddess Ishtar also known as the Roman goddess Libertas.

do you have anything that can verify this? i dont believe this is correct information..

edit on 18/9/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The old Roman Empire you mean. It's always been here buddy.

Oh yeah, did you know that NYC used to be called New Amsterdam? Since it was owned by the Netherlands?

proof NYC was once a dutch colony
History gets real deep and complex.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

do you have anything that can verify this? i dont believe this is correct information..

Maybe you should read my post. . . . or wikipedia (LoL).

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

A lot of people don't think wikipedia is very good but really it gets better all the time. People can call things into question and update info. It's fairly reliable most of the time. I rarely get burnt.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I believe Wikipedia is good for factual information.

I would not trust it one cotton picking minute where a matter of belief or conjecture is concerned. It is way too infiltrated by people with agendas.

By the way I thought the US was still a colony? No? Conspiracy theory would have us believe so!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Interesting how so much links back to Babylon.

I just learned this fact: after his conquest, Alexander the Great died after he returned to Babylon.

Back in Babylon, Alexander planned a series of new campaigns, beginning with an invasion of Arabia, but he would not have a chance to realize them, as he died shortly after his return to Babylon.[141]

en.wikipedia.org...

He was able to conquer the world, and still had more fight in him, but he died shortly after retuning to Babylon. I thought that was odd.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

i was always under the impression that Ishtar was the roman god Venus, the goddess of love, beauty and fertility.. and i thought libertas the goddess of freedom was a seperate entity.. maybe im wrong but if you know what ishtar (Babylonian goddess of fertility) represents it does make sense..

edit to add

as requested this is from wikki.. also im not sure where in your post my question is answered..

Joseph Campbell, a more recent scholar of comparative mythology, equates Ishtar, Inanna, and Aphrodite, and he draws a parallel between the Egyptian goddess Isis who nurses Horus, and the Babylonian goddess Ishtar who nurses the god Tammuz.[15]

Aphrodite (/æfrəˈdaɪti/ af-rə-dy-tee; Greek Ἀφροδίτη) is the Greek goddess of love, beauty, and sexuality. Her Roman equivalent is the goddess Venus.

Her chief center of worship was at Paphos, where the goddess of desire had been worshipped from the early Iron Age in the form of Ishtar and Astarte.

Venus (Latin: [ˈwɛnʊs]) is a Roman goddess principally associated with love, beauty and fertility, who played a key role in many Roman religious festivals and myths. From the third century BC, the increasing Hellenization of Roman upper classes identified her as the equivalent of the Greek goddess Aphrodite. Contents [hide]

Libertas (Latin for Liberty) was the Roman goddess and embodiment of liberty

source; wiki pages for ishtar, venus, aphrodite and libertas

heres another

Venus had many identities before she came to Rome –- Inanna, Ishtar/Astarte, and the Greek goddess Aphrodite.

www.goddessgift.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

i was always under the impression that Ishtar was the roman god Venus, the goddess of love and beauty and libertas the goddess of freedom was a seperate entity.. maybe im wrong but if you know what ishtar represents it does make sense..

Oh I see where you are coming from now.

Yes they (TPTB/ Illuminati) tend to just go willy nilly using whatever "goddess" they feel like. They often use Athena, the spearshaker (shakespear LoL) or Juno, any number of the female goddesses, even Mary (mari).

Mari (goddess)
en.wikipedia.org...

Mari, Mari Urraca, Anbotoko Mari ("the lady of Anboto") and the possibly distinct Murumendiko Dama ("lady of Murumendi") was a goddess — a lamia — of the Basques. She was married to the god Sugaar (also known as Sugoi or Majue). Legends connect her to the weather: that when she and Majue travelled together hail would fall, that her departures from her cave would be accompanied by storms or droughts, that which cave she lived in at different times would determine dry or wet weather: wet when she was in Anboto, dry when she was elsewhere (the details vary). Other places with where she was said to dwell include the chasm of Murumendi, the cave of Gurutzegorri (Ataun), Aitzkorri and Aralar, although it is not always possible to be certain which Basque legends should be considered to pertain to the same lamia

Etymology There is much confusion over the origin of the name Mari. For some it is just the transposition of the Christian name of the mother of Jesus, Mary, but others prefer to believe that it is a modification of Emari (gift) or Amari (mother + the suffix of profession) by losing the first vowel. The closeness in names may have helped turn the Pagan worship of the goddess Mari into a Christian veneration of the Virgin Mary.[1] The first known written citation of the Dame of Amboto was made by Charles V's chronicler Esteban de Garibay Zamalloa in his Memorial histórico español.[2]

This one is of particular interest as it has Mari and a GOAT (Baphomet?)

Mari is the main character of Basque mythology, having, unlike other creatures that share the same spiritual environment, a god-like nature. Mari is often witnessed as a woman dressed in red. She is also seen as woman of fire, woman-tree and as thunderbolt. Additionally she is identified with red animals (cow, ram, horse) and with the black he-goat.

I know the OP is Christian so notice the association with fire and thunderbolt.

Luke 10
New American Standard Bible
18And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning

Other terms identified with Satan include "the prince of this world" in the Book of John 12:31, 14:30; "the prince of the power of the air" also called Meririm

A long winding road to the source for sure. Who really knows?

Found this pretty interesting also about the Statue of Liberty.

Magic sword
en.wikipedia.org...

The eponymous sword from The Sword of Shannara series, by Terry Brooks, has a distinctive pommel in the form of the druidic symbol from the series: a hand holding aloft a torch (similar to the Statue of Liberty). Otherwise it is visually unremarkable, though very well made and unworn. Its ability lies in revealing absolute truth, which can be difficult to bear. The sentiment of the enchantment follows that of the "To thine own self be true..." advice to Laertes. A prospective wielder, upon drawing the blade for the first time, is made to confront all their personal flaws, shortcomings, fears, delusions and morally questionable acts. If the being's psyche cannot deal with the revelations, they might not be permanently harmed, but the blade is unusable to them. However, if they can accept the truth of themselves, though it is still a jarring experience, they come out of it wiser for the self-knowledge. Also, they are able to wield the Sword as both a particularly strong and sharp weapon, and as a harsh mirror of Truth to those touched by the blade. This exposure to reality, like many years of counseling condensed into a moment, can actually destroy anyone "evil" enough, e.g. the Warlock Lord of the same book. It also can reveal illusions and give some protection from magical effects.

The esoteric and symbolic meanings are far more important than the physical statue.

Venus also makes a Pentacle (pentagon, pentagram)

Mars was the god Aries (god of war) so the Aryans were Hitler's master race or aliens from another planet LoL

I posted before that Saturn worship is likely at the front of this movement.

Lord of the Rings
( Olympic symbol designed by the Nazis right?)

Starting to see through the fog of WW2 down the core of the ritual is disturbing.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Any religion is banned in usa public schools. I don't know where you get this delusional information from that lil school children are being coddled to pray to Thor or something......

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yes they (TPTB/ Illuminati) tend to just go willy nilly using whatever "goddess" they feel like.

no.. im sorry but thats not correct either.. they dont just call them whatever they want "willy nilly".. symbolism doesnt work like that. it is what these goddess represent..

the statue of liberty and the roman goddess libertas (roman god of liberty) has an obvious connection..

venus/aphrodite/ishtar/innana etc represent a completely different thing and would never be used to symbolise liberty or freedom..

actually this whole theory is bunk.. im sorry op but your link seems to be completely inaccurate.. making your thread inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

How indeed do the French fit into all of this. It was their idea, we were originally going to put that damned idol in the Panama Canal and instead its sitting in front of the U.S. coast line.

By the way look at the shape of the dais on which she stands. That starlike looking pattern under her feet is a satanic symbol representing Lucifer.

Believe it folks, someone is trying to force this abomination on us wether you believe in God or just plain don't care or are agnostic.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I posted the links, go look it up.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The pointed Crownlet of the Statue of Liberty of course derives from the pointed crown of the god HELIOS, god of the sun and hence, enlightenment - see the conscious dis-comparison to the ancient Greek Bronze 'Colossus Statue' of the sun titan-god Helios at Rhodes whose head bore the pointed 'rays' crownlet, and who also held the Flaming Torch and whose massive legs were planted astride on 2 separate parts of the Rhodes Harbour (one of 7 'Sights' of the Ancient World) to which the 1883 SONNET by Emma Lazarus engraved below the Statue directly alludes in its opening lines, viz.

Not like the brazen Giant of Greek fame
With conquering Limbs astride from Land to Land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset Gates shall stand
A mighty Woman with a Torch, whose Flame

Is the imprisoned Lightning, and her Name :
'Mother of Exiles'. From her beacon Hand
Glows world-wide Welcome; her mild Eyes command
The air-bridged Harbor that twin cities frame,

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your Tired, your Poor,
Your huddled Masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched Refuse of your teeming Shore,

Send these, the Homeless, Tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my Lamp beside the golden Door!"

Lazarus of course is not exactly inspired poetry ('world-wide-welcome'...alliterative yuck !!) but it shows that HELIOS the god of the Sun is part of the iconography here no matter how you slice it...

www.rhodesguide.com...

edit on 18-9-2011 by Sigismundus because: see all the various & sundry Colossus of Rhodes images in GOOGLE....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

i did.. and im sorry but your links dont seem to be accurate..

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

i did.. and im sorry but your links dont seem to be accurate..

Judging by your initial reactive post you are just denying to save face.

Face it, you spoke too soon and now you look exceptionally foolish.

This is what is referred to as the sin of pride:

Seven deadly sins
en.wikipedia.org...

Pride Main article:

Pride Building the Tower of Babel was, for Dante, an example of pride. Painting by Pieter Brueghel the Elder In almost every list pride (Latin, superbia), or hubris, is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and the source of the others. It is identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to acknowledge the good work of others, and excessive love of self (especially holding self out of proper position toward God). Dante's definition was "love of self perverted to hatred and contempt for one's neighbour." In Jacob Bidermann's medieval miracle play, Cenodoxus, pride is the deadliest of all the sins and leads directly to the damnation of the titulary famed Parisian doctor. In perhaps the best-known example, the story of Lucifer, pride (his desire to compete with God) was what caused his fall from Heaven, and his resultant transformation into Satan. In Dante's Divine Comedy, the penitents were forced to walk with stone slabs bearing down on their backs to induce feelings of humility.

Of course Dante just made all those punishments up so no need to worry about those.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join