It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help web design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
G'day I'm learning how to make websites and am using w3schools.com I have completed the basics and am now moving into the advanced section but am having difficulty understanding what it is theyre explaining, just wondering if theyre are any web designers who can help/teach me either on msn or ats either or.
send me a pm please.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Im not a web programmer but you are asking a lot from a stranger.

Perhaps if you put a few things you dont understand in your thread right here, peeps can just post up a quick reply rather than getting into msn chats etc?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If your just starting out you should try Joomla! get it Here its free

I'm also a devolper you can get my extensions from my site Here

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
PM me mate and i`ll send you my email and try to answer any question you may have. also joomla is good but it depends on what you are trying to do if it is just a business card website then a cms like joomla is over kill.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You can pretty much build any site with joomla! without having to know anything about programming

Joomla! site showcase

And there are over 8000 extensions for it, most are free

Joomla! extensions

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I've designed a lot of sites but I did it the old school way using MSFrontpage.. lol and a few other things like Wordpress and Joomla etc...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

That is true but it is a lot easier to make and maintain a basic html site than it is to learn html and then learn how to develop joomla plus with a basic html business card site you wont have all the php + sql security problems to deal with.

also html is not a programming language its a mark up language.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

golly!!

I also needed web design help!! but thanks to you O.P....

i got mine!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm learning too. Gonna follow this thread. Thanks for the links guys, gonna check them out.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I just wanted to add a suggestion. I've been using Joomla as well and found it works great for basic sites right into the complex corporate sites like some of MTV's which use it. The suggestion is regarding a site I'd found several months ago called Lynda.com. It has thousands of short 2-7 minute web videos teaching many programs. One entire section is dedicated to every aspect of Joomla from the brand new novice to very advanced concepts and extension integration. I'd noticed a few mention they were learning too and thought this might come in handy to move that process along.

I've got absolutely no connection to that site beyond being a satisfied member/student. They have several free 'samples' within the Joomla area that I found quite helpful in their own right, before ever signing up for the full truck load.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

i`m happy to help anyone so any problems you have put them here and i will answer what i can and lynda.com is good also look about for VTC, Total Training, WiBit.net you can find a lot of these free if you know where to look and if they help you and you start to make money because of them maybe sign up to their respective websites and support them. Even after watching videos like them you can still be left with questions that are hard to find answers for by searching the inter tubes because if you don't know the correct question to ask it is hard to find the answer.

I can help with HTML, PHP, MYSQL, some Javascript and C++
and like a lot of you on here i`m a jack of all trades a master of none but normally better than a master of one

So Peace All and keep them tin foil hats polished

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hi there,

Best way to learn is to know what you want to do and then try and implement it. It's also the best way to get help.

Make a start, have a go and then let us know what the problem is and then we can come back to you about it.

There is so much to learn, but not one person knows it all.

new topics

top topics

join