It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.8 Magnitude Earthquake in India

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Roll call for Elenin nuts! When was the last Elenin/Sun/Earth alignment? How many days since the last Earthquake? Come on guys, don't fail us now, there's a conspiracy in this somewhere!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Elenin hits Earth next week and that will lend path for all to see X...This is the reason for the earthquake season. After X is in our view like a second sun earthquakes 8mag+ with a duration of 8 hours will be common. We actually will see the ground role......Mark my words,,it will be quite the site to see, and then Y and Z collide to give us the greatest show ever. And then quiet for a season....the earth will rest and all still will have to pay taxes and go to work....sorry but someone has to bear the bad news

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
And there we have it
Less than a minute later...
2nd

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Why are so many earthquakes happening? this is seriously worrying...Could this be a preparation for something BIG? There have already been 16 MAJOR earthquakes this year..

We've been asking that question for 4.5 billion years .......

They happen. They have always happened. They will always happen. It's the way the world is.

99.99% of earthquakes occurred before humans ever existed. Think about it

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks Puterman for the reply. I for one am certainly guilty of being lazy when it comes to all the great info you put into this thread Quake Watch 2011 but there are over 5354 replies there.
I must take a day or week to go over this perhaps and then and only then will I stop thinking we are heading to something big in the near future. Or at least that this is all normal. I feel the big one is setting itself up to happen from watching all the activity lately.

One thing I really enjoy on this site is the people like yourself that take the time to help us better our knowledge.

One other thing I like doing is going to this site and click the satellite view then zooming in on these quakes. Many times you will see a fault crack where they happen.

Now if we could get a before and after picture of that area would be sweet.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

And as far as this posting on this thread I`m very glad it wasn`t a heavily populated area as mentioned.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
hey all, i wasn't sure if it had been mentioned in here yet, but USGS now has this quake at a 6.9

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 6.9
Date-Time

Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 12:40:48 UTC
Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 06:10:48 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 27.723°N, 88.064°E
Depth 19.7 km (12.2 miles)
Region SIKKIM, INDIA
Distances 68 km (42 miles) NW of Gangtok, Sikkim, India
119 km (73 miles) NNW of Shiliguri, West Bengal, India
272 km (169 miles) E of KATHMANDU, Nepal
572 km (355 miles) N of Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, India
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 13.5 km (8.4 miles); depth +/- 3.5 km (2.2 miles)
Parameters NST=344, Nph=348, Dmin=371.8 km, Rmss=1.21 sec, Gp= 22°,
M-type="moment" magnitude from initial P wave (tsuboi method) (Mi/Mwp), Version=C
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0005wg6

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thank you, I knew this was coming and I predicted this one on 3/9/2011
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

Aarrrgggghhhh! Rotten swine. Just as I had put it on my front page.

quakewatch.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here is a site with some video from around the area.

NDTV

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
RIP Nepal & India victims!

when i think of seismic activity in northern india, well its those western himalaya mountains - does anyone know which direction the plates are moving in general in that area? continued into each other (which caused the himalayas)??

namaste

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Something tells me that when an EQ totally destroys the lives of these people who are so quick to jump in with their painfully ignorant comments like "EQs have always happened" "Nothing to see here" "this is all normal",
They will either change their tune or resort to even more painfully ignorant exuses as to why these events are getting more and more frequent, thus, preserving their fragile world view.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll
reply to post by GLaDOS

Of course it's preparation for something big.

I'm so excited and I hope that others are equally excited as well.

ready and waiting

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Something tells me that when an EQ totally destroys the lives of these people who are so quick to jump in with their painfully ignorant comments like "EQs have always happened" "Nothing to see here" "this is all normal",
They will either change their tune or resort to even more painfully ignorant exuses as to why these events are getting more and more frequent, thus, preserving their fragile world view.

If you know that for a fact, you must have millions of years of data. Please post the graph and sources of your data. Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
Thank you, I knew this was coming and I predicted this one on 3/9/2011
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How hard can it be to predict an earthquake at some point in the future in an area that has them commonly?

In that case, I predict one in the Alaska area in the near future. I predict one in Indonesia in the near future. I predict one in the area of Japan in the near future. Let me know if I'm correct.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Check this site out:
www.sickscent.com...
The Sun is changing and we have activity in the Earth's magnetic sphere scientists are baffled by. Some say that since solar wind and flares etc. show a compression of the magnetic sphere around the Solar System (the Fluff), is the reason why this anomaly. We entered into a space sector with he coherent magnetic remnants to of an old nova explosion. We do this every 25,86 years.
Now violent changes in the Sun reflect not only shinier planets these years but could effect the deep bowels of the Earth - only plasma sends certain rays from sunwind back from the core. But in doing that, plasma is provoked. Hence you can have more earthquakes in general for a while to come.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

when i think of seismic activity in northern india, well its those western himalaya mountains - does anyone know which direction the plates are moving in general in that area? continued into each other (which caused the himalayas)??

namaste

The Indian Plate is a rather small Plate
which is squeezed by the African- as well as the Australian Plate
into the Eurasian Plate.
This is creating the Himalayas, the fastest growing Mountain Range!

Sikkim is a very holy Place!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Well, I have lived through (and still am) two huge quakes here in NZ and over 9000 aftershocks. I have watched quakes globally for years. And despite that I still stay it's normal. Quakes have been going on in NZ since it's creation, and they continue to shape the landscape here. I live in earthquake country and I still say... "this is all normal". So go figure. I'd a lot more worried if we DIDN'T get them...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This is supposedly the worst earthquake to hit nepal in 77 years

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

Yep, last one 1934.

I have photos in my grandmother's album of the 8.1 that struck in 1934 - the largest to date - images show the total devastation in her village of Jamalpur (Bihar).

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ

Well, I have lived through (and still am) two huge quakes here in NZ and over 9000 aftershocks. I have watched quakes globally for years. And despite that I still stay it's normal. Quakes have been going on in NZ since it's creation, and they continue to shape the landscape here. I live in earthquake country and I still say... "this is all normal". So go figure. I'd a lot more worried if we DIDN'T get them...

I would have to agree with you on this.
It's part and parcel of living on a geologically active planet.
Part of the perceived increase is due to increased monitoring and reporting and 'instant' communication systems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join