It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion...Or Has It?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

The ISS isn't empty and space junk entering the atmosphere looks nothing like a comet.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's all going to look the same crashing down on our heads. Sorry,I misunderstood and thought the space station had been evacuated?

Possibly Nov.
www.f-paper.com...:-International-Space-Station-may-be-%22empty-nest%22
edit on 19-9-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

Yeah, possibly is the key word here atm, there are people still up there at this moment though.

As for Elenin, it's not going to impact earth, we won't pass through it's tail, it's doubtful that here is even a tail anymore.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I didn't get to read everything in the thread, but since Elenin didn't survive perihelion, what happened to the fragmented pieces? Is there a trajectory for them or has it been written off and no one is looking for the smaller pieces? Or is it just a convienent way of putting the matter to sleep so to speak?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Please dont be offended by this but READ THE TITLE OF THE OP.

It isn't definite. Most evidence is pointing to Yes, some is pointing to No. Read through the 6 pages if you can bare.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Yes, I am agonizing through it now. Wow, some people and their beliefs are more interesting than the comet itself. I didn't want to get into it, but alas it is only right to read it and not ask someone to give there opinion of head banging writings. No offense to anyone in particular. If you feel comfortable with your beliefs and sources then by all means jump right in the middle of it lol!

Thanks LightAssassin

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Seems to me we won't be able to tell what's going on with that comet until it either collides with the Earth or we wait and see until mid-October. We can't see it unless it transits the sun because it's coming at us from the sun.

Post Link

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Yes, some people have some VERY alternative views. I'm somewhere in the middle. Sorry but it's only appropriate for you develop your own opinion based off all the discussions. But I did give you a summary.

edit on 19-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Michael Mattiazzo has taken pics but IF he has taken from Brooklyn Park it would explain the dimming, and given his most recent pic was also when it was getting very close to the horizon the cause of dimming can be explained in this way too.

The thought that an astronomer who has been measuring the brightness of celestial objects for years would make a mistake like that is absurd. That at least six other astronomers all over the world would make the same mistake is even more ridiculous.

Now, Francis Walsh presented pics from Sept. 2nd that counter what was being suggested by Michael Mattiazzo AND he also claimed to have spoken with Leonid Elenin who declined the pics, but found the interesting none-the-less.

Francis Walsh's photographs do not "counter" Mattiazzo's conclusions, for reasons I explained on page one. The telescope that Walsh was using proves that the remains of comet Elenin continue to follow the comet's orbit. Because of its resolution and lack of an anti-blooming gate, it cannot confirm or refute that the comet has broken up. I am perfectly content to wait a few weeks for confirmation, but I don't understand why you place so much faith in Walsh's work.

Are you Francis Walsh? If so, I can explain to you what you need to do to get the rent-a-scope you're using to answer the question you want to pose. I'm not familiar with the particular imaging system it uses, but you would need to use a shorter exposure time to work around the blooming, then stack the images. Most likely there is a "frame rate" or "scan rate" setting. Set this to the highest number and let it run for a few seconds. Then use the stacking software to stack the clearest images. The per pixel resolution of the rent-a-scope's imager is slightly better than Mattiazzo's. Rather than produce an elongated shape, it just might show gaps in the nucleus. The bottom line is that unless you work around the blooming, you are not really seeing what the comet looks like, you are attempting to draw conclusions from a digital artifact.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You could always just follow the orbit and have a look when it's visible. Don't listen to the obvious campaign to turn your attention away, just observe. If there's nothing there, there's nothing there...so what? Just watch the comet's path.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Good for you man, you proved elenin is still out there.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

No, I'm not Francis Walsh and that explanation was very straightforward, far better input. If you had watched even one other of his youtube vids regarding Elenin you would know he stacks images, and you could 'critique', the way only you know how, on what he has done wrong. But alas, you weren't willing to spend that much time on it.

Francis Walsh's photos still show a nucleus and no real 'elongation'.

Also, I had not seen other reports, from other people, that you seem to be speaking for, confirming this. Only Michael Mattiazzo's via Leonid Elenin. I have now seen the later Radio Telescope report that confirms the evidence it 'may' have disintegrated thanks to Druids input.

Are you Michael Mattiazzo? I wonder how you know his credentials so well?

You should like Francis Walsh. He debunked AstralPatriot and Terral03 Nibiru Video. He's on your side. Oh thats right, he's a bloke in a Jack Daniels cap. He couldn't possibly be.

edit on 19-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Light pollution, and plenty of it.

Light pollution? Lots of light pollution that increases steadily simultaneously in separate locations in Australia, New Zealand and Brazil? Really?
www.icq.eps.harvard.edu...

Do you expect us to read that whole link? You and a few other members who religiously frequent the Elenin threads have a nasty habit of putting up random, cluttered source links and not indicating which part of the source backs up your argument. Next time can you please quote the content that is relevant to the discussion? Or a brief comment on what we should expect to see? I'm begging you not to respond with "just read the link".
edit on 19-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Do you expect us to read that whole link? You and a few other members have a habit of putting up random, cluttered source links and not indicating which part of the source backs up your argument. Next time can you please quote the content that is relevant to the discussion? Or a brief comment on what we should expect to see? I'm begging you not to respond with "just read the link".

Unfortunately, ATS Media is not allowing images to be uploaded at the moment, probably pending a policy review. As a result, I am unable to post a screenshot of the relevant portion. It is a list of observations of the brightness of comets as reported by various observers. The comets are listed in alpha-numeric order. C2010X-1 Elenin is about 1/3 of the way down. It indicates that observers around the world are making similar estimates of the comet's brightness.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Oh, I see. Sorry I did not know about the media issue.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This site, perhaps not surprisingly, is still taking Elenin serious, very serious... thecomingcrisis.blogspot.com...

edit on 19-9-2011 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
On a side note... Leonid Yelenin (yeah, that's his real name) used a "rented" scope too when he discovered the comet...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Imageshack

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

As I've mentioned numerous times in the past, Elenin simply isn't bright enough to warrant any media attention. Even the best estimates early on were putting its Magnitude barely at 6. So, while it would have been visible to the naked eye most people wouldn't know what they were looking at or what to look for. The only significant thing about this comet was that it was the first discovered by a Russian in 20 years. So, in Russia it was covered and Leonid Elenin was even given an award. Outside of that though this comet is not newsworthy in the slightest. They might as well say there is a media blackout on the other 100 comets discovered last year.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Wow! Biggest laugh of the morning... the site you link to actually has an ad that says: "WE NEED YOUR HELP TO KEEP THE COMING CRISIS ALIVE!" You just can't make that sort of thing up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join