It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion...Or Has It?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by XplanetX

It seems that the favourite method of attack is ridicule, a crash course in history will confirm that this is normal human behaviour.

Like this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was hilarious.

You are confusing comedy with ridicule.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by LightAssassin

Light pollution, and plenty of it.

Light pollution? Lots of light pollution that increases steadily simultaneously in separate locations in Australia, New Zealand and Brazil? Really?
www.icq.eps.harvard.edu...

Actually the video I saw coooould of been due to light pollution either wanted or not, it might be a fake video too.

The issue is so emotional now that both sides manipulate the information.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I did, I couldn't find them. Star for you. They are all August pics, and that last one looks similar to the last pic in my OP.

They still aren't clear although that is far better evidence than what DJW has presented so far so I appreciate your work.

IMO, with Obama going to be at Denver Intl Airport on the next 'alignment' date I'm sure there are plenty of us keeping an eye on this situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You're giving me nothing. Just trying to confuse those who don't understand.

I'm practically spoon feeding you here; there is no reason not to understand, let alone be as "confused" as you are pretending to be.It is trending towards becoming dimmer at precisely the time it is supposed to be trending brighter. Why is that?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

And you are confusing sadism with comedy.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Sorry, I can clearly see that it dims and brightens and dims and brightens in the info you linked, that I posted.

What say you to these strange magnitudes given?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Like I said, Elenin has not disappeared but simply exhausted the material that caused it's tail. So this is what it looks like from Stereo behind. Happy watching.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

And you are confusing sadism with comedy.

Not at all.

The pic made me laugh.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

As I told you elsewhere, if it exhausts all of the material that produces it coma, it will breakup. Pretty much the entire core of a comet is composed of frozen volatiles, also known as ice. As the comet approaches the Sun these frozen gases sublimate and are released. This is known as outgassing. It is this outgassing that produces the coma and the tail. So, if it has exhausted all these gases the comet is hollow and will begin to break up.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I think the your point would be much better made if they had added the new observations. It seems like the comet didn't really break into separate pieces until the 24th.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Fromabove

As I told you elsewhere, if it exhausts all of the material that produces it coma, it will breakup. Pretty much the entire core of a comet is composed of frozen volatiles, also known as ice. As the comet approaches the Sun these frozen gases sublimate and are released. This is known as outgassing. It is this outgassing that produces the coma and the tail. So, if it has exhausted all these gases the comet is hollow and will begin to break up.

And as I showed with the web-site I displayed, not all comets dissolve and are hollow. Some are rocks and some are rock and metallic and both would have water ice or other chemicals on their surfaces that evaporate as they near the sun. Once gone all that is left is the rocky core. Comets come in different varieties, shapes, and sizes. There is no one size fits all.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

IT is stated in this video that there will be an eclipse on the 26

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You're giving me nothing. Just trying to confuse those who don't understand.

I'm practically spoon feeding you here; there is no reason not to understand, let alone be as "confused" as you are pretending to be.It is trending towards becoming dimmer at precisely the time it is supposed to be trending brighter. Why is that?

Uhm, because it IS breaking up? Why won't people just let a dead comet lie? Just because they keep kicking it, doesn't mean it will come back to life.

Rest assured, we'll have our moment when it sinks in.......

Worse, images show Comet Elenin's bright core becoming elongated and diffuse — the telltale signs that its icy nucleus has either broken in two or disintegrated altogether. One veteran comet-watcher who's not surprised is John Bortle. Four months ago, based on Elenin's performance to that point, he cautioned, "The comet may be intrinsically a bit too faint to even survive perihelion passage." And his words have proved prescient, as the fading continues (estimates are near 9th magnitude) and there's speculation that this object or its remnants might not be around much longer. I guess all those pseudoscientific bloggers who predicted planet-altering encounters with a cosmic visitor bright enough to be seen in broad daylight will just have to find something else to worry about.

Source.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

From your source:

Comet Elenin Self-Destructs
Whenever astronomers discover a comet headed inbound toward a close encounter the Sun, there's always buzz among observers about how bright it might get. That was certainly the case last December, when Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1) made its debut. Many hoped it would become easily visible to the unaided eye as it rounded perihelion nine months later.

By April, that initial enthusiasm had waned a bit, as it became clear that Comet Elenin was small and intrinsically faint.

The keys to its peak visibility were the closeness it would eventually have to the Sun on September 10th (0.48 astronomical unit, about 45 million miles) and to Earth in mid-October (0.23 a.u.). In fact, amateur observations through July and early August suggested that this interloper might even be ahead of schedule, brightness-wise. The hearts of comet observers everywhere raced a little faster.

Now all bets are off. Within the past week the comet's brightness has declined by 50%, dropping a half magnitude between August 19th and 20th, according to Australian observer Michael Mattiazzo. (The comet's current location in western Virgo makes it virtually unobservable from northern latitudes.)

Worse, images show Comet Elenin's bright core becoming elongated and diffuse — the telltale signs that its icy nucleus has either broken in two or disintegrated altogether.

One veteran comet-watcher who's not surprised is John Bortle. Four months ago, based on Elenin's performance to that point, he cautioned, "The comet may be intrinsically a bit too faint to even survive perihelion passage." And his words have proved prescient, as the fading continues (estimates are near 9th magnitude) and there's speculation that this object or its remnants might not be around much longer.

I guess all those pseudoscientific bloggers who predicted planet-altering encounters with a cosmic visitor bright enough to be seen in broad daylight will just have to find something else to worry about.

How about you read the whole thread next time? You may understand what I am on about. Why is it that it isn't denying ignorance to believe the comet may still exist if there is contradictory evidence? Yet, when photo's are almost all coming from one source then we can use these to close the file and, appear to, deny ignorance. I don't think so.

I will wait for it to appear on SOHO, if at all.

p.s. I don't care if Elenin exists or not, but when I find evidence contradictory to the 'accepted' truth I am doing a disservice to ALL by not posting it, and not raising awareness.
edit on 18-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

How about I did read it? I am not in the southern hemisphere, so I am unable to view it myself. Otherwise, I'd have my own pics. I have to rely upon the people that are there, actively reporting on it.

I also avidly read all about astronomy, as it is a hobby of mine. I read a lot of hype, nonsense based upon speculation, and I'm able to sort out the nonsense from the actual facts. Terms such as magnitude and diffuse actually mean something to people who study astronomy.

I'd like to say that the southern hemisphere is conspiring against you, that Elenin is still coursing strong, but reports from multiple sources indicate otherwise.

Sorry, Elenin has gone poof. Taken out by a CME. Melted like a Popsicle on a hot summer day.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

looks like a cloud.

to be expected. Gravity is constant.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Wow we have some very confused people or disinformation agents working over time. Elenin is still much alive if you want a good picture of it check out the antartic videos from july, it was never a comet, that was just disinfo to keep you not interested, We are about to enter he tail we are already getting hit with debree, these meteors burn blue/green because they are hydrogren cyanide, want to see the effects that these meteors are going to have check out Jan of this year, what was in the systems of all the dead mass animal finds? Hydrogen cyanide, if you look back at meteorological events you'll notice that each reported area had event happen near it. Elenin was an electric comet, not a dirty snow ball, the molecule composition itself gave it extreme electric characteristics it was a dielectric molecule. Thus the wings or extreme poles. There is good Stereo behind footage of Elenin coming into the solar system, it was planetary sized on the B footage. when you are veiwing a video please ref the positions of the items in veiw in relation to the source and then complare with where Elenin should be, why are SOHO stills being airbrushed right now notice an absence of stars in the vacinity of where elenin should be, Come on now this is a conspiracy site and you guys are making ignorant assumption based on false information from the government that is hiding this from you. You want to know what kind of disclosure the government NASA and the Vatican are about to disclose, IT IS THIS PLANET YOU D__B __Ses!!! The Wormwood plant secretes an oil through its bark this breaks down into hydrogren cyanide giving the plant a bitter taste when bitten into. The elenin, which if you veiw the video footage which was pulled from the site and is only on youtube now. you'll see how big it really is. They are waiting for the tail debree from the asteriod belt to start hitting us, quite a few larger meteors video'd lately hasn't there been? all coming from the west to the east, they told you about space junk for a reason so you would not get suspicious of these things coming down, slow to start but will pick up in frenquency and size, comets tail does not follow the comet like the blast from a rocket engine, solar wind blows the tail way from the sun, so the tail is always in the shadow of the "comet", all these so called comet videos are showing the tail following, these are misc crap out there they are telling you is elenin, do the work yourself and see for yourself, The alignment will be on the New Moon, just as prophecised, we will be fully into the tail and geting all these cydrogen cyanide meteros that it picked up from asteriod belt, these are magnetically attracted to it, pieces or cousins, it left behind when it destroyed the planet that is now the asteriod belt. They are waiting until the very last minute to tell you you are about to die, Obama will be in his Denver bunker along with top NASA and Vatican officals who are all in Denver then, where will you be? Ever wonder why prophecie sall stated that faith in the church is lost, well there you go, of all sources of information where is the vatican right now? The Gog Mogog war is unfolding in front of your eyes but you are too busy watching some UFO doc or some other crap, The Palesetinians are going up for statehood, turkey has warships in the med about to confront isreal and Greece over an oil field, OPEN YOUR EYES!!! I'm a #ing Athiest and this # has got me rethinking life as we know it. Harold Camping predicted judgement elenin has made two unexpected course changes, its gavity and magnetic flux have kept it hidden from view.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleninfacts

Antarctic pictures?

Oh you mean the moon...So Elenin is the moon now?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Brief Astronomy Primer:

The sky has been cataloged. Galaxies stay in their (relative) positions. They have coordinates. So do comets, and they can be tracked.

NGC   Astronomy . New General Catalogue: a catalog of 8000 clusters, nebulae, and galaxies compiled by Danish astronomer Johan Ludwig Dreyer (1852–1926) and published in 1888.

For example:
NGC 4697

See the coordinates listed?

(Right click and view image.)

See the coordinates listed?

Elenin is highlighted, as well as NGC 4697. NGC 4697 is listed as a frame of reference.

That means that any astronomer can point their telescope there, and look at the same object. Get it? It doesn't matter who takes the picture, it matters that there IS a picture. All astronomical findings are peer reviewed, and verified, by many telescopes the world over. The name on the picture is irrelevant, but the coordinates are everything. When an object no longer appears at it's expected coordinates, or diminishes in magnitude such as Elenin has, there is only one solid conclusion to evoke. It has met it's untimely demise. Goodbye, Elenin, R.I.P.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Look, don't get me wrong, they mean the same to me too.

But, DJW is giving me links showing the magnitude constantly dimming and then brightening, so he's not giving me conclusive evidence.

Michael Mattiazzo has taken pics but IF he has taken from Brooklyn Park it would explain the dimming, and given his most recent pic was also when it was getting very close to the horizon the cause of dimming can be explained in this way too.

Now, Francis Walsh presented pics from Sept. 2nd that counter what was being suggested by Michael Mattiazzo AND he also claimed to have spoken with Leonid Elenin who declined the pics, but found the interesting none-the-less.

I know most will try to pin this to pure desperation, and I can understand why, but this is not the reason for my actions. I came across this evidence, I checked all his previous youtube vids and he, at least, knows how to find the comet, so I have no reason to doubt him.
edit on 19-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join