It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion...Or Has It?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Observatory codes: D87 Brooklyn Park, D82 Wallaroo, 427 Stockport.

Which location then?

I cannot see where he tells us.

If Wallaroo or Stockport he'd get crystal clear pics, but Brooklyn Park, nope.
edit on 18-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

edit on 18-9-2011 by intrepid because: Personal site info removed.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It is fascinating that only time will tell, I am on board with ELE-nin disappearing, then re-appearing (which will conjure more ET stuff), then we discover it is bouncing off of our heads!

ELE-nin is only the messenger, all this focus on the deliverer and not the message itself. It is the red-star Kachina that brings about destruction, the blue-star was only meant to get our attention to look up!

This video far trumps the pictures and speculation from Michael M., for me that is, I don't care to change the minds of those who can Speak to Spirit any more than I care to change those mocking Spirit in an attempt at communication with something unknown to them. The evidence is apparent that ELE-nin survived perihelion! Long Live the thorn in our sides! May ELE-nin turn out to be more than just a comet, a message in a bottle!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I cannot see where he tells us.

You need to know where to look:

23.39, 8.9, 3' (M. Mattiazzo, Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia, 25x100 binoculars);
22.39, 8.8, 3' (M. Mattiazzo, Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia, 25x100 binoculars);
[Extraneous listings deleted]

17.39, 8.2, 4' (M. Mattiazzo, Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia, 25x100 binoculars; zodiacal light);
7.39, 9.0, 3' (M. Mattiazzo, Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia, 25x100 binoculars; moonlight);

www.icq.eps.harvard.edu...

He doesn't seem to have posted his September observations yet. Funny, I don't see any of Francis Walsh's observations here.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

See your point,and its a good one...but
who would have more to loose by having loose lips...An astronomer hoping to get the funds to run his operation, or jd hat guy?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Umm no. He lists his observatory locations on his website, which I posted. Which one of those is he using?
Either way we have contradictory info and until it is rectified his photos are as credible as the ones I have offered.

And 25x100 binoculars?!? Really?!?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

And binoculars?!? Really?!?

Why not? He was actually looking at the comet in person, not fumbling around on the internet at 4AM trying to figure out how to operate a telescope on the other side of the world.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Wow, the arrogance.

He's uploaded A LOT of videos. He seems to have found Elenin plenty of times before. I'm glad we're arguing over semantics. We couldn't possibly discuss the fact Elenin may still be whole.

I need to go to bed. 1AM.

Peace and Namaste.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

He's uploaded A LOT of videos. He seems to have found Elenin plenty of times before. I'm glad we're arguing over semantics. We couldn't possibly discuss the fact Elenin may still be whole.

Five year olds post videos on YouTube, that doesn't mean they're qualified to interpret astrophotography. As I have pointed out, seasoned astronomers are of the opinion that comet Elenin is breaking up. The guy on YouTube has no idea what he's doing. Seriously, did I miss the part where he explains what each filter does and why it alters the image? He doesn't even know how to stack the images to produce a false color image! Now, is it possible that the comet's brightness has been decreasing rather than increasing because of some other factor, yes, of course its possible. One thing is clear, though, the data reported on the MPC page shows that multiple independent observers confirm that its dimming. That said, if the dimming is not caused by Elenin physically breaking up, what, in your opinion, is the cause of the dimming?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
one amateur says it has gone while another amateur says no its still there. Meanwhile those who are unwavering due to "their science" ask questions about the others equipment. I asked a straightforward question in the other closed thread based on why do people use really old defunct cameras and the reply was "Why question his equipment". Now in this thread we see the very same people questioning the equipment of the amateur they disagree with. If the cap fits...yea?

Time will tell who is right in their assumption here and as you know my money is on Elenin still being there within the week.

respects to you all.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

These are two very different things we're questioning. In one case it's a camera. It's worked in the past and has produced well-respected photos. So, if it ain't broke, why fix it? In this case however, we're dealing with the scope itself. The device that allows one to actually see the comet. Since we're dealing with a small object here, an anti-blooming gate is crucial in determining size and magnitude. Mattiazzo has one, Walsh doesn't. Even if Walsh were using a top of the line camera in conjunction with this, it wouldn't change the fact that the scope he used doesn't have an anti-blooming gate.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

As I said we dont have long to wait to see what assumption is correct. Patience is one of my virtues.

respects

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Let me just ask one question that you haven't really answered. Why would it matter Mattiazzo was using an older camera? That doesn't change what he saw through his scope and what lead him to his conclusions.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
why was chadwickus thread closed when this isnt resolved yet?
i posted the op vid also in a thread i started but the OP in this thread has presented more info to go with the video so well done op.
any astronomers here that can check when elenin is visible again to see if its gone or not?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Elenin (or what's left of it) is too near the Sun to be viewed with telescopes from Earth and will be for some time. A couple of weeks.

In five or six days it (or what's left of it) will be within the field of view of SOHO.

edit on 9/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by DJW001

and also Michael Mattiazzo fails to tell you which Telescope he is using. He has 3, and he is in the same state as I am and operates a telescope 2 suburbs over. I can tell you that from Brooklyn Park you cannot see all that much at that time of night. Dimming can be expected given how close to the horizon it was getting.

Brooklyn Park, SA

Which is only 6km from the city centre, and the lights from our city.

Want a bet?
I lived in Brooklyn Park for years and you can see plenty, Adelaides light pollution is nowhere near as bad as most places. Infact where I live now has some of the worst LP in the wourld and astrophotography is easily capable, Brooklyn Park is a breeze compared to here.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

I will let you decide. Deny Ignorance.

Who to believe? An astronomer who has been closely observing comets for years, or a guy in a "Jack Daniels" baseball cap... difficult choice.

...or an armchair astronomer who "debunks" everything that doesn't agree with his thinking on a conspiracy website....hmmm.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

I will let you decide. Deny Ignorance.

Who to believe? An astronomer who has been closely observing comets for years, or a guy in a "Jack Daniels" baseball cap... difficult choice.

I'm sorry
this was hilarious. And, this from someone (me) who started his own thread with my own questions on the subject

(that, I think were answered to my satisfaction) - star for DJW001

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Yeh, but our lights will still cause some dimming. Stockport or Wallaroo is where they should all be taken.

What I'm doing is pointing out factors that people have not considered. I have used a telescope while living at Henley Beach and significantly less can be seen than when I used one while on a farm at Tarlee.

I appreciate that some things can be seen, but it truly is a difference once you get away from the both the city and the torrens island power station lights. I would bet on the significant increase in visibility. I have lived here all my life and have gone to the country many times to appreciate the stars, minus telescope.

If those photo's can be verified as to where they were taken, I'd better accept them. For now, one amateurs are no better than anothers, except the Anti-Blooming gate. This too may or may not be significant due to the filters Francis can apply that Michael has not.

Fact is Mr Francis Walsh has blown this topic wide open again. The wait is back on. Eletards can celebrate and we can keep the paid disinfo agents honest. Or at least busy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join