It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A prediction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Well, i predict a huge increase in possible ufo sightings and if we are lucky maybe even video clips, on the 23 - 24 of Sept this year.....

Why you ask?

It is because of this UARS falling to earth on that date!

This satellite is as big as a bus, and the thing is, even NASA cannot predict where all the pieces might fall on earth.

There is even a 1 in 3200 chance of some debris hitting someone on earth.. ouch.

There is a 1-in-3,200 chance of satellite debris hitting a person on the ground, odds that NASA says are extremely remote. Outside experts agree. "Look at how much of Earth is covered with water," Victoria Samson, the Washington Office Director of the Secure World Foundation, an organization dedicated to the peaceful use of outer space, told SPACE.com this week. "There's a really good chance it's going to go straight into the ocean."

That window, NASA now says, has been trimmed to just three days. "Re-entry is expected Sept. 23, plus or minus a day. The re-entry of UARS is advancing because of a sharp increase in solar activity since the beginning of this week," NASA officials wrote in a status update today (Sept. 16). The projection is a day earlier than a previous forecast released by NASA yesterday. NASA spokeswoman Beth Dickey confirmed with SPACE.com earlier today that the reason UARS is expected to fall early in its re-entry window is because of the sharp uptick in solar activity. Solar effects from the sun can create an extra drag on satellites in space because they can heat the Earth's atmosphere, causing it to expand, agency officials have said.

Full Article

Better get those cameras ready, just in case....

vvv

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Lets just hope that the pics/vids are not grainy or fuzzy this time. I want to actually see them without any distortion at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Actually i would love to see some videos, and then claims that it is a ufo. Then i would love to see the debunkers saying how it is chinese lanterns, or led kites. lol.

You have been warned.

A satellite is crashing to earth on a set date, so if you see something strange falling from the sky, most likely it is debris from the defunct satellite.

Or maybe its not.............................although most likely it is.. lol

vv

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

With my 'luck' it will come crashing through the roof when i'm eating dinner.

Do they have any idea on where it's going to 'crash'? I seem to recall something was said about Russia.
I live in a small country so i guess i shouldn't be to worried, I hope i get to see it.

Thanks for the info Vreemde.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Your prediction failed when you used the word "huge".

But we shall see!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Do they have any idea on where it's going to 'crash'?
reply to post by OnlyLove

Nope, apparently they have no idea, lol.

They do say however that the earth has a lot of water, and the chances are it might fall in the water, lol.

Makes sense i guess, but lets wait and see..

vvv

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

Your prediction failed when you used the word "huge".

Lol, I am no Nostradamus mate.

I just saw this vision on the digital waters called the internet, and then took it down on a website to share with everyone.....

vvv

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

nor i mate!

internet a wash with everything you can imagine.

my prediction is that folk will continue to be obsessed with UFO's until...............

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I had a dream last night where lots of people were pointing and looking up to the night sky at shooting-star type things, and they looked like fireworks going in all directions.

Not saying it was a vision or anything, but your OP made me recall the dream

Camera is ready just in case.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Thank you for sharing Dooby.

I am indeed wondering if we will see this at all, or if we can, how it will look!

vvv

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

by increased 'ufo' reports... you must be meaning that lots of uninformed spectators will mis identify a disintegrating satellite...

i can see in my minds eye a replay of the 2003 catastrophe:

The Space Shuttle Columbia disaster occurred on February 1, 2003, when shortly before it was scheduled to conclude its 28th mission, STS-107, the Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrated over...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Columbia_disaster - Cached.More results from en.wikipedia.org »

a long trail of flaming debris

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

by increased 'ufo' reports... you must be meaning that lots of uninformed spectators will mis identify a disintegrating satellite...
reply to post by St Udio

Yes, of course. What else could i mean??

Since this site tend to attract the "uninformed spectators" i linked this story, to educate and explain what it might be that they will see...

Vvv

new topics

top topics

join