It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayweather vs Ortiz PPV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ok, did anyone else see this fight? This was a waste of money of those who actually paid 65.00 USD to watch this junk.

Ok by looking at this fight it shouldn't have been called a win, the ref wasn't even paying attention he was signaling the judges point loses for a head butt by Ortiz however; he failed to notice the cheap shot by Mayweather and called the fight in Mayweathers favor? Come On! This was a fixed fight, and I feel sorry for those who paid 65.00 USD for this fight...Your Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What did Ortiz say to Floyd?

Did he say after???

All i can make out is that Ortiz says something, floyd cops and says F### YOU as he lashes out with that first punch..

come on... waht did he say?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It was dirty as hell. Here is a recap of what happened in Round 4 from "The LA Times.com"

"Mayweather lands a big combination, as Ortiz huddles downward. Ortiz is back upright, charges at Mayweather and pounds him against the ropes with his best effort yet. It's a hard barrage. Mayweather nods, denying that the blows hurt. Ortiz again charges Mayweather in the challenger's corner and lands shots — right, left, right, left. Mayweather reeling. Ortiz ducks head back, then shoots forward a hard head butt to Mayweather's mouth. Referee Joe Cortez stops the action and deducts a point from Ortiz.

Ortiz says he's sorry and even kisses Mayweather on the cheek in apology. Cortez brings the fighters together. They touch gloves. Cortez gives a weak signal to resume, but his eyes are cast away from the fighters toward the crowd or a timekeeper or official. Ortiz not ready to resume. Mayweather pounds him with a left to the face. Ortiz doesn't lift hands to defend. Cortez is watching now. Mayweather decks Ortiz with a straight right to the jaw. Ortiz is down and dazed. He tries to get up from a knee at the count of seven, but can't make it up. Cortez counts him out. Mayweather is the WBC welterweight champion and 42-0, even as the crowd rains boos on the questionable sportsmanship. "

Eventually Floyd is gonna have to fight Manny Pacquiao and I cannot wait to see Pac Man finally bring down Floyd "Dirty Money" Mayweather.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

watch the video, that's soooo not what happened

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Wow!! I'm glad i'm traveling or I would have ordered that fight. Phew! Dodged a bullet there. What garbage!! HBO shouold give people there money back, thats not even a fight.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Eventually Floyd is gonna have to fight Manny Pacquiao and I cannot wait to see Pac Man finally bring down Floyd "Dirty Money" Mayweather

Hahah Manny cancelled the fight with Mayweather cause he had to take a drug test sorry nice try though.
edit on 18-9-2011 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

^^Hahahaha Wow..Boxing has went down hill...I saw the whole fight luckily I just brought beer to the house where I was watching the fight. It definitely wasn't worth it, but this video is funny...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Mayweather Merchant interview

Mayweather Ortiz knockout

Here found alternate videos since HBO wanted to be stupid.
edit on 18-9-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Some say it was legal..."protect yourself at all times" and "Cortez said 'Let's go'" but in my opinion in a contest between men...that's BS. If you eventually are going to knock someone out like Mayweather said..why do that?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muSSang

Eventually Floyd is gonna have to fight Manny Pacquiao and I cannot wait to see Pac Man finally bring down Floyd "Dirty Money" Mayweather

Hahah Manny cancelled the fight with Mayweather cause he had to take a drug test sorry nice try though.
edit on 18-9-2011 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

REALLY guy?? Mayweather refuses to fight unless Pacquiao agrees to random blood drawing rather than the pre-approved NSAC (Nevada State Athletic Commission) testing. That sounds pretty chicken sh*t to me. Mayweather FEARS Pacquiao...

new topics

top topics

join