It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try smokeless nicotine cigarettes, says government (UK)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

No no oil. You should not vape oil based fluid. For one you will ruin your atomizer and two your lungs. Visit the link in my previous post and you can learn such things.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

I know a couple who smoke and tried the e cigs. There is no burning it is water vapor and when you blow it out it looks like smoke so you can blow rings whatever.

one thing that seemed to happen was an occasional cartridge that was a dud from the start or went out much too quickly, keep your reciept so you can return them.

If you are a couple that smokes, make sure you have 2 of the parts that charge so one is working while the other is charging.

in the usa they come in 3 strengths but each cost the same and definitely cost less than regular cigs

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

just finished reading through the posts so far. i'm going to try the e method. tired of killing myself with a 3 pack a day habit. costs me a fortune. i can do very little before i have to sit down, fully winded. it's insane.

another poster mentioned ashes all over the keyboard, the stink, etcetera. i smoke so damn much i wake up at night to smoke. then i nod out and burn myself. kid you not, i've ruined at least a dozen sets of blankets, sheets, you name it. smoking has been the last vice i've yet to beat in a life filled with self-abuse.

thank you JohnPhoenix for the OP, s & f for you. thanks to all you other posters who pointed out so many things. i'm going to check out the Links, read up, and give the e smokes a shot. i've got nothing to lose and lots to gain.

thank you, all

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Last time I smoked one of these things it almost made me puke. Then again that was when the technology was new and hideously expensive.

Been planning to quit again for a while so maybe I'll give them a go again

Wonder how it will taste with my e-Beer

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Here are a few things I've learned about e-cigs from people I know who use them.

Some long term cigarette smokers don't find e-cigs the same as a regular cigarette. This is mostly because e-cigs are metal, don't burn and don't "feel" the same. Many real cigarette smokers are not only "addicted" to the smoke and nicotine, yet also the way a real cigarette feels in their hand. Yet, it's still the closest thing available to mimic the real smoking sensation and if someone is serious about smoking cessation then this is a great option to do it - much better than patches or the like (and cheaper).

One thing to remember is that e-cig use is a little more high maintenance. You must charge the battery (can use a computer USB). Fill or buy pre-filled cartridges, have spares (or spare parts) since atomizers and batteries can go bad. Know the duration of the battery so you are not caught with a non functional e-cig and return to regular smoking. There is no smell, no second hand effects, and no fire risk with e-cigs - which is a big plus. Also it's much easier to permanently quit e-cigs than regular cigs.

There are many e-cigs liquids (juice) flavors, so there are probably hundreds of flavor combination to choose from. It's recommended that any liquid is purchased from a reputable source though. Some no-brand liquids (from China?) and other places can have more health risks. There are many name brand liquid manufacturers around that make liquid with well documented ingredients and high quality controls in place.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Surprise there is very little nicotine if any in the smoke from E-cigs.

people are just getting a placebo effect.
www.dailytech.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

edit on 18-9-2011 by ANNED because: dp

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, whatever works to keep people from smoking, that's what counts.

But as a user, I can tell you that I certainly am getting some nicotine. I can read a lot of articles that give opinions about a lot of things. I can also agree or disagree with those articles based on my own experiences.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ok here is what I know from using a e-cig for over a year.

The study that shows there is no nicotine in a e-cig is a lie. I know when I don`t get my fix and I know when I`m mixing my nicotine too strong.
I make my own e-liquid using a base nicotine and mixing it with PG (propylene glycol) and VG (Vegetable glycerin) the VG is what will increase the amount of smoke like vaper.

I use food flavorings to get the flavor. Bubble gum to Chicken flavors are available.

I started using the e-cig not so much to stop smoking but something new to try. I didn`t stop smoking right off the bat but did once I started using a 5 volt mod. A normal e-cig uses a 3.7 volt battery.

At the time I started a 510 starter kit was what to buy and still is a great choice for $35 think it is. The 510 atomizer is what I still use on my mods.
In the starter kit you get two complete e-cigs but you will need to have another battery to use when the one dies off during the day. That`s why I use larger battery mods. Gets me a day to two days depending on what battery I`m using.

Like I said in a earlier post this Forum is full of info and this link will take you to the new members forum that is where a question can be asked and members will help anyone that wants to get started heading in the right direction.
www.e-cigarette-forum.com...

All I can do is put that link up there if you want to give the e-cig a great try. And please use it for there are e-cigs out there that are a rip-off.
That link is where you will learn the truth on e-cigs certainly not from the FDA.

Yes e-cigs do work and they do not take the place as a cigarette in many ways. You can`t just grab them at the local store in many areas so being prepared for the day is a must. It takes some learning along the way but they do make your lungs feel better and you will notice a great improvement in the taste of things once again.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229
Last time I smoked one of these things it almost made me puke. Then again that was when the technology was new and hideously expensive.

Been planning to quit again for a while so maybe I'll give them a go again

Wonder how it will taste with my e-Beer

Perhaps this will go good with it. I`m not affiliated with this link just grabbed it off the vendors list at ECF.
www.myfreedomsmokes.com...

And yes the price range is so much more affordable. Unless you like making mods like I do.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Surprise there is very little nicotine if any in the smoke from E-cigs.

people are just getting a placebo effect.
www.dailytech.com...

I vape 24 MG nicotine strength. No placebo effect here. The study this article is based on is a year and a half old. It is a well known famous study in the e-cig circles because new users want to know is this really true. A smoker can tell when he's had enough nicotine in his system from one cigarette.. regular cigarette I'm talking about. We call this feeling smoked out or nick'd out. Every smoker knows this feeling. E-cig smokers can take in too much nicotine in a short time and get that feeling too. We KNOW we are getting more nicotine than that study suggested so this puzzled us as to why they would say this.

Turns out it was a very poorly done study with very poor results. The same scientists, Dr. Eissenberg who did that study has since talked to the e-cig community about this and he has preformed new studies based on better information about the e-cig and how users actually use it. He found that his first study was incorrect and published papers retreating these earlier statements.

You can read about these and other ongoing studies here: www.e-cigarette-forum.com... Medical Research

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I been using an E- cig more than TWO YEARS.
It's cleaner healthier cheaper. Costs me about £13 a month for a bottle of liquid. When you factor in spare atomizers and batteries I'd say a average of £20 a month. Unless I'm at work it's never out of my mouth so that's very heavy usage and still cheap.
One good tip to everybody is buy bottles of liquid to top up your cartridges rather than use pre-filled cartridges. Much, much cheaper and atomisers last longer as you can keep the cartridge topped up so it isn't heating up with not enough liquid in it. Also I use cigarette flavours rather than fruit as I think this best way to replace cigs. Friends who stick to fruit flavours tend to fall back on cigarettes to get "the taste".
Bottles of juice can be got from Liberty Flights and I would recommend Gold and Silver (Benson and Hedges- ish), Silk Blend (supposed to be Silk Cut but tastes like Embassy to me), and D'Doff (not sure what it's supposed to be but mixes nice with Gold and Silver). There's plenty of other Tobacco flavours but these work best for me. There are other companies selling E-Liquid but I rate Liberty Flight the best.
I use the DS901 e-cig. No different to smoking really, except better, now I'm used to it.
Just to reiterate, I was a heavy smoker who thought he was fit and healthy (hiking, biking, exercise, healthy eating). Looking back I realise I was actually ill with the smoking, and didn't realise until I'd stopped. I now feel as healthy as I did 25 years ago, but have given up nothing, just changed my nicoteen delivery system from smoke to vapour.
I would recomend this to any smoker who can't quit.
ps I was also a heavy cannabis smoker. Haven't bothered with drugs since switching to e-cig. Feel so good now, don't need 'em. In fact I don't feel good, I feel fantastic.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Does that mean that somewhere along the line cigarette discussion will be forbidden on ATS?

Honestly it will never work, I know a place once upon a time where it was illegal even to smoke a cigarette in your back yard. Had to smoke indoors, So the jails flooded and the cops got tired and the law was changed.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
ALRIGHT I caved I did some research and was surprised. As a current smoker there is no doubt this is a great alternative and possibly a better method to quit smoking all together. My main question would be are cartridges interchangeable between brands and how "authentic" and good tasting is the menthol and tobacco flavor?

I just spent over $200 for myself and my wife for two starter kits..
edit on 18-9-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I bought a cheapo "Clayton" E-Cigaret.

Within a week, it caught on fire.

It was like a poltergeist was living inside of it. Very randomly, not even charging or smoking - just ignited on the table.

So these are definitely prototypes still - however I have to repeat, I bought the gas station cheapo.

Today (Before I even read this thread) I was wondering where else I should go to grab a new one. I really miss my E-Cigaret.

It was kind of amazing, I was totally loyal to it. Had everything I liked in a cigaret.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I purchased brand Vapor king. I hope it doesn't catch fire..
edit on 18-9-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I cannot imagine the frustration one is faced with if they misplace the e-cig. It was invented in 2003 by some Chinese guy named Hong I believe. The E-cig contains:

Diethylene Glycol
nitrosamines
Tetramethylpyrazine
And if inhaling for more than 3 seconds you take in more levels of nicotine than a normal cig.

I guess everything will kill you slowly.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

I prefer the tobacco flavors myself but as for they don`t contain all the bad chemicals they do not mach a true cig. Although they are my preferred vape. RY4 sweet but nutty and the many ways they try saying Marlboro is among my favorites. 555 as well.

Most cartridges are not interchangeable with other brands. And you are best to refill them yourself. You can even change the stuffing in them or get a mod that injects the fluid to the coil.

On average a regular smoker will use 2 to 3 ml of e-liquid a day so say a 20 ml bottle will get you 6 something days for 20 dollars.

Mind telling me what starter kits you got?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I tried an ecig several years ago. The dang thing worked for awhile and then stopped. I want to try them again. for those who are having some success, what specific brand do you use? I don't want to invest the money into yet another piece of trying to stop smoking crap. Is there one that works better than others?
edit on 18/9/11 by applebaum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join