It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day Of Mild Annoyance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Because on Monday, they had to go back to their jobs at the Gov't offices, banks and big corporations.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

how about committing fraud??
we've all heard about the robosigners mindlessly signing legal papers in a quest to oust the homeowners....
but....
are you aware they were also mindlessly signing the paperwork involved with the bundling and selling of those mortgages also??

curiouscapitalist.blogs.time.com...

we've had one insurance company in my area go down the tubes because they bought these AAA rated pieces of crap believing that there is integrity within the system....

and, by what I've read, there's many pension funds, school districts, local gov'ts, ect....who have been burned....

we've had the housing market go down the tubes before, and we've had banking scandals associated with them....

but, we've never thrown this amount of money at the problem in an attempt to clean up the mess!!!

there's no way that a bunch of subprimers borrowing more than they could pay back could have caused these kinds of losses!!! Much of that loss came after the loan was signed, with the bundling, the mers, the shredding of the notes, the who cares if the securities are crap and the house of cards is about to come tumbling down, just sign the papers and pray to god we get our million before it all collapses!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
if i understand your op, you're saying that obama is somehow setting up a false flag?

edit on 18-9-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

The day of rage IS the false flag.

In my humble. . .

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
JR thinks that we (who don't believe this rubbish) are rooting for the banks.

Wrong.

The whole set-up for this is to enable D.C. to garner MORE control for Wall Street. Especially with their ties to the E.U..

It stinks to high heaven.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

so, we are all supposed to just sit home, go to work, pay our bills, pay our taxes, watch as the cost of living goes way beyond our paychecks, give up our social security, keep quiet, act happy, let them take the home, even though we've paid regularly on the mortgage, get forclosed on twice, by separate banks, pay more taxes for less services....................
all along because we are afraid that we are playing into the gov't hands if we act???
if the protestors go back to work monday, well, then ya, it was all just a mild annoyance....
but, if they stay weeks on end, well, the loss of revenue that would result might be enough for the gov't and bankers to take notice......if it gets big enough and lasts long enough, the gov't will have no choice but to either change the way they are doing things (at least give the appearance that they are), or get tough and send these people home, but then well what will happen if these people do go home, but don't go back to work?? if they don't go out to the malls and spend?? will they write laws forcing us back into the workplace?? force us to spend money we haven't got (kind of like obamacare is trying to do) .......
just how far would they go before all out revoulution started??

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Who said to sit at home?
I don't see any difference though, between Rathke/ACORN/White House sponsored "protests" and an "angry" op-ed in the NY Times.

If you really want to protest, don't let White House insiders control the agenda.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
and the government has done such a bang up job so far with over half this country dependents of the government with no other means of support.

If they could grow their own food without being raided by the FDA or USDA, it might help. Ayn Rand isn't the answer. Legislative sanity and the demilitarisation of the police force are.

www.uwec.edu... - Making the police indistinguishable from the troops, is a very, very dangerous path to go down.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

the only protest that is gonna work probably is a protest that hits their revenues....
if we don't work as hard, don't earn as much, spend less, put less money into the banks and the stock market, ect....well, it's the only LEGAL way that we can limit the revenue we provide for them....
heck, no need to protest, just skip work every friday (of course, most of the people would have to be willing to do this, or else you will find yourself on the unemployment line).....
skip a meal or two every week,
don't buy if you don't have to...
pull yourself out of their economic engine as much as your can....
and well, be sure to write you representatives and let them know what you are doing and why!!!

some more ideas...
if you are unemployed....
if you do a little hunting, you will can find various places where all that stimulus money ends up at....
that money was intended to stimulate the economy and create jobs....so well, every time you hear of someplace close to you getting this money send the company a resume...encourage those you know to do the same...
start a thread here, "Stupid ways the Gov't spends you money"....and well, if every unemployed person here on ats send every company listed on the thread....well, they just might take notice....and well, be sure you list when you file for unemployment...maybe they will notice something a little odd also??
again, write your representatives and let them know what you are doing, and why....

if you have alot of money,
well, considering "adopting" on of the needy.....instead of sending you money to washington, just so they can send it back through the thousand or so employees of theirs and deliver it to that needy person, make a deal with them, you will give them the money, but they then don't take the gov't aid...
welfare and such were started with good intentions, but helping the poor has become big business, and well, is costing way more than is needed...if you don't like the system, well do something to get some of the people off the system....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

its not like the people with jobs that really matter are going to protest for weeks on end. it's the little guys like you and I that would do that. and not working for weeks on end in protest is only going to do one thing...cost us our jobs.

so now we are unemployed in a depressed job market, not being able to buy food, gas, clothes, etc. And you think this is going to show the banks and the govt something??

sorry, won't happen. a couple hundred bucks in Fed Income tax from a few thousand people isnt going to amount to a hill of beans in the big picture.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

You're almost there.
Want to hurt a corporation?
They only look at bottom lines, so affect it.
Sell your shares, or don't buy their product.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

the rich got rich by not spending money and by not paying taxes. who pays more in fed income tax...a mulit millionaire or someone making $10/hr working 40hrs/wk? here's a hint...it isn't the rich person. If the tax base was actually based off of your income and not the backs of the underpaid, overtaxed middle class, we probably wouldn't have the deficit problem we currently have.

but know...the rich get all the breaks because...well they're rich. that makes sense right? take less from those that can afford it, and make up the difference by taking more from those who are living paycheck to paycheck. brilliant idea!! and the reason this is, is because the douches in washington, making these laws are among the rich!

so until the people we vote to represent us start making a comparable wage to those they represent, there will never be any changes.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

never said I thought the people would do it ......
just said I thought that was what it would take to get them to change course...
I have a job, but if I were left to fend for myself, I wouldn't be able to put a roof over my head an food on my table...
luckily I have a husband who is usually earning more than me...
but, if inflation starts spiraling out of control and more and more people find themselves in the spot where their paycheck just isn't even coming close to cutting it, well....
then, that job just isn't gonna be as valuable in their eyes. I mean, there comes a point where one might be better off just maxing out your credit card, buying some camping gear, seeds and such, and heading for the mountains, and spending your time working at living off the land, at least then, you will have a tent over your head and maybe some wild berry acorn pancakes to eat...if you know how to make them!!!

everyone claims that we need the rich and their jobs,....
but well, the rich also need us at those jobs producing their wealth.. they need us playing the game according to the rules set out by society....
what would they do if all those who've been disenfranchised just opted out of their society?? heading for one of the many national forests, and well.....devouted their time to providing their needs directly??
they need us more than we need them.....and well, they've gotton so cocky, so "entitled", they need a wake up call. they need to have their maid come home one day and tell them sorry, the cook ain't got no food to cook for them because there was no one at the store to check out their groceries... or heck, maybe the maid and the cook just ran off together to live in a grass hut in nowhere land and the rich guy can have a massive wake up and venture into the store himself and have a heart attack when he sees just how much the cost of his ribeye steak has risen!!

but, well, our gov 't is out of control it seems, bought out by big business...our democracy has been transformed into a facist state!! and it seems that having a vote just doesn't matter. and well, a revolution of some sort might be necessary.....
and however you cut it, revolutions are gonna end up being painful.
so well, I guess the question is, do you want to waste money on guns and ammo and start shooting at each other, or do you want to just waste money on camping gear and such and just walk away from the society, trust in mother nature and father God to provide for ya.
I can't walk that good, and well, probably won't make it far, but I am making preparations for doing the latter....
society is crap, the gov't is corrupt, and the corps seem to be just too greedy for my own good....
and well, since none of the above sees me and my labor as worthy enough to be paid a wage that would keep me alive, well, I shouldn't be missed by any of them!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

O.k. Mr. Tea Party Member, If you think this protest will do more harm than good, How would you do it?

I get the IHF newsletter, I read about this event but I don't know that much about it, How they actually hope to bring about change? I do think if this gets lots of media attention it can cause more folks to learn about the issues but that's about it.

I think what will happen if anyone is still there Monday morning when the wall street brokers want to go to work the cops will order the crowd to disperse and then the Riots will begin. I hope not but it happens more often than not when you have such large long protests.

edit on 18-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by beezzer

O.k. Mr. Tea Party Member, If you think this protest will do more harm than good, How would you do it?

I get the IHF newsletter, I read about this event but I don't know that much about it, How they actually hope to bring about change? I do think if this gets lots of media attention it can cause more folks to learn about the issues but that's about it.

I think what will happen if anyone is still there Monday morning when the wall street brokers want to go to work the cops will order the crowd to disperse and then the Riots will begin. I hope not but it happens more often than not when you have such large long protests.

edit on 18-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

First off, having this done by Rathke, Adbusters (which also brought us TeaPartyZombies) et al was a bad idea.
If this were an honest campaign against the corporate malfeasence, then there wouldn't have to "organizers" at all. People would be flocking. just to be a part of it.
But because of the partisan nature of this "event" it became a divided before it even started.

Change, true change, needs to involve EVERYONE. Not just those on the ideologically left or right.

Riots? Naw. There's not enough passion with this crowd.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

we could end all of this so quickly and easily. all we have to do is buy the world a coke.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Did you see the picture on the link? Do these people look like they had jobs? a57.foxnews.com...

Maybe they have jobs at ACORN...

While Beezzer might be a shill for big business and mega corps everywhere. I don't see this as anything other than a mild inconvenience for the police. This was less a protest and more a line for a Dave Matthews concert.
edit on 18-9-2011 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
reply to post by beezzer

we could end all of this so quickly and easily. all we have to do is buy the world a coke.

Half the world would want Pepsi, and you'd get sued by diabetics stating that you want to kill them.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Posted this in another thread, but I thought I'd bring it to mine as well.

The Day The Earth Stood Still- I mean, Day of rage.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The Day The Earth Stood Still- I mean, Day of rage.

I hear that Verizon is going to supply the gang with a solar-powered cell charging station. That will be pretty neat... wonder if they'll carry a big company banner while they march?

Talk about good advertising, lol!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

I can't believe you could find fault in people trying to express their anger at the banks...

Is it so hard to believe that in this wonderful wide world of diversity we live, breathe and exist in, there are people who hold different views than your own?

It is things like this that make me feel absolutely convinced that a good lot of you are so far in the tank with the corporatism, that you are unaware you are even inside the tank in the first place.

Is it really necessary to lash out at those who hold a different paradigm of reality than your own?

I know you are here defending the banks (in a very obtuse way) because you reckon they are the polar opposite private force to the "public" force of government is "good"...

Banks are institutions that loan money to people against interest.

Corporations are legal entities that describe a group of people cooperating for the exchange of goods.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join