It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Trend: Police Brutality Against The Disabled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've noticed a very disturbing trend lately, and it's becoming way too common. Let's forget about police brutality against the average person, and let's talk about how it's happening to helpless disabled people. There is no shortage of these incidents within the last few years, and it happens to people who are both physically and mentally disabled.

Justice is promised to us the same way everytime: "We will be conducting a thorough investigation." Which is another way of saying it's being swept under the rug.

edit on 18-9-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Just a few bad apples.

Just following policy/doing their jobs.

They deserved 'it'. everyone who gets 'it' from a cop deserves it

We should wait until all the facts ar in before jumping to conclusions.

*I think I hit on all the police apologist's most common refrains. There isn't any need for them to post now.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I have to thank you for taking the time putting these examples together. It certainly puts law enforcement in an ugly light. At risk of being called a "cop hater" it is very important to point this stuff out. Pretty soon it will be time for town hall meetings addressing Police brutality...not soon enough though, it has already escalated out of control.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

honestly shut up
these police officers are just as criminal as the people they are assulting.
its a joke the amount of power we give such idiots, that power goes straight to their heads

we need to stand up and fight
because if we take out the police then we have a chance of restoring the peace!
police should be culled

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Remember the Nazis?

They used to run a propaganda campaign in their country extolling the virtues of racial purity.

The "racial purity" (AKA "eugenics" "racial cleansing" etc.) angle was supported by Darwin's idea of "survival of the fittest." It was the diabolical flip side: "Kill the unfit."

It has been an old superstition that disabled people were that way because they were possessed, or somehow inferior. This idea could easily be extended to include genetic "inferiority." This bias against the disabled could easily be embraced by armed groups anxious about safety and security and desperate for "advice" on how to better protect themselves. I can see some sage psychiatrist lecturing to the police academy: "Criminals may pose as cripples or mentally retarded in order to escape your attention."

Now that's a great way to create a jumpy police force that will make lots of mistakes!

What's next? "The police are incompetent." "They need to be replaced by trained professionals." And we get the military and private mercenaries doing "police work." (It's already happening.) And there you go.

If we are going to solve this, we need to look beyond the actors to the script writers. I know attacking a disabled person is really stupid. But this is not likely to get handled unless our police, and people bearing arms in general. begin to get a better understanding of what is making them so jumpy and what is the correct thing to do about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
police should be culled

Congratulations, you are now probably on a terror watch list.

Your family is now probably on a terror watch list. Everyone at the address you are posting from is probably on a watch list now.

When a cop gets killed in your area, you can expect to be on the list of suspects.

*What part of "Police State" don't you understand?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by UniverSoul
police should be culled

Congratulations, you are now probably on a terror watch list.

Your family is now probably on a terror watch list. Everyone at the address you are posting from is probably on a watch list now.

When a cop gets killed in your area, you can expect to be on the list of suspects.

*What part of "Police State" don't you understand?

aha thats not terrorism thats called standing up for your rights. just cause i dont have a badge means im liable to get my head kicked in? i dont think so
just wait till people start rising up they wont have a chance
if enough people stand up we can rid the world of the evil that police so whole heartly protect.

half the laws they enforce are bogus and you know laws dont have meaning when they wont even attempt to arrest the real criminals
why should i be goverened by law just because im not a millionaire?

stand up people
its not to late

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

There is nothing to laugh about here.

You called for the culling of police officers in the United States.

Now you've probably been red-flagged and might very well be the cause of a great deal of hassle should any of the people in your household try to fly.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

ok dont do anything people, i dont call for the culling of police that was a typo
let them take control of us when were all in debt and have no freedoms left. then youll see the puppets they really are

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

files.abovetopsecret.com...

S+F

Too bad we can't upload pictures, huh?
edit on 9/18/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: text

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This is what gets me;

The officers rarely get more than a slap on the wrist/paid vacation. At most they get a few weeks/months in jail. A few years in the worst cases.

But when "civilians" do the same things, even to lesser extents, they get PUNISHED. Made into examples. Ruined.

Woman sentenced to 5 years in McDonald's transgender attack

Teonna Brown was convicted of a hate crime and first-degree assault. She will spend five years in prison.

What they did was pretty horrible, but as shown in the first post, the police do way worse. And I don't see many of them sitting in prison right now.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I just wonder, If I posted 100 videos of cops doing good things, would that change anyone's minds? Probably not. It's just sad that there are so many self righteous people here who instead of trying to fix the problem, would whine about it. You want justice? Join the force and expose the corrupt cops. Be a hero. Step away from the safety of your keyboard and venture out into the real world for a bit. Be the change you want to see.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I am not seeing the Secret Society angle. Can you please explain the relevance to me?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I am not seeing the Secret Society angle. Can you please explain the relevance to me?

The cops are freemason illuminatis!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
The cops are freemason illuminatis!

Well, in that case, the only ticket I want a cop to give me is for free addmission into the Grove.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I meant to put it in Social Issues.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This isn't a thread to bash police by the way. It's to expose a problem that's going on. Perhaps their protocol is to detain someone once they start the process. I think once it's determined a person is mentally or physically unfit, their protocol in handling the individual should be very different.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

By your logic then anyone that puts a post up on this site is on a list. So welcome to the list my friend.

Lets hope this list grows and grows untill it scares the holly hell out of whoever is keeping this list.

The sad part is I've only seen one or two of these vids on ATS and that worries me because in the last year I have seen many more.

It is getting worse as the months go by. Have you noticed they aren't even paying attention to the people that are recording that much as they used to.

Boundries are being over stepped and lines need to be drawn quickly. If they aren't soon then before you know it the motto the the police will not be "to serve and to protect"...................

It will be "comply or die"!!!!

edit on 18-9-2011 by Idotwhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I just wonder, If I posted 100 videos of cops doing good things, would that change anyone's minds? Probably not. It's just sad that there are so many self righteous people here who instead of trying to fix the problem, would whine about it. You want justice? Join the force and expose the corrupt cops. Be a hero. Step away from the safety of your keyboard and venture out into the real world for a bit. Be the change you want to see.

"join the force and expose the corrupt cops" does not = "Be a hero".

in real life you will be beaten to the point of permanently altered and scarred for life. and if you don't relocate very far away, your day to day life in that community will become a living hell.

it takes a special kind of mental unbalance to join a police force. sometimes change has to come from pressure on the outside and not from within. by exposing the incredible amounts of sick and twisted injustices members of police forces put citizens through awareness is spread. this is a good thing.

www.injusticeeverywhere.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

S&F not much to add except some more about the kelly thomas murder
educate-yourself.org...

Fullerton, California Police Gang Murder 37 Year Old Homeless Man While Shouting 'Stop Resisting Arrest'

[Editor's Note: It should be clear to the American public by now that psychopathic and sadistic individuals are intentionally chosen to become police officers in post 9-11 America over more sympathethic and humane personalities. Indicting these six unidentified Fullerton police thugs for second degeree murder and bringing personal civil lawsuits against each should only be the first step in rectifying these ghastly abuses of police power. Revamping the hiring guidelines and completely overhauling the brutalization training that is currently masquerading as police academy training is long overdue if we are ever to return to a civilized and safe America...Ken Adaachi]

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Your Rights as a U.S. Citizen Against Unlawful Arrest ..........

“Citizens may resist Unlawful arrest to the point of taking an officer’s life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S., 529. The court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense was commited.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. If the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh V. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. 1; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260.

“Each Person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, ther person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self defense.” State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100.

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910.

“The carrying of arms in a quiet, peaceable, and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not a breach of the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach of the peace.”
Wharton’s Criminal and Civil Procedure, 12th Ed., Vol. 2: Judy v. Lashley, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197.

I am sure some Police Officers in this Country are Unaware about these Court Decisions when Overstepping their Authority . People who know the Law should Remind them about it from Time to Time for the sake of their Own Safety . The Woman in this Video was Intimidated by that Police Officer because she was just Not Aware of her Rights and Cow Downed to his Intimidation of her Ignorance . She should take this matter to a Lawyer Immediately and press charges against him IMO .

edit on 18-9-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

edit on 18-9-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join