It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quickening.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hey, guys.

I know there has been quite a bit of hype about the Oct.28th 2011 and I know plenty of people have tinkered with it through it's various refresh and updates over the days.

Well, I was playing with " The safe " and I came across this video.

I figured it was kind of neat and it holds quite a bit about the supposed coming days.

Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it. I figured considering the predictions it lays claim to as well as the various prophecies with in the video it was fitting.

I figured if others have not seen this, they should and those that have what do you think ?

Embed didn't work.....

Direct link
vimeo.com...

edit on 9/18/2011 by Ilyich because: changed link

edit on 9/18/2011 by Ilyich because: embeded video fail

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Didnt Art Bell coin the phrase "The Quickening"?

Funny thing is, that was like 15 years ago and I have not seen anything of the sort.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Wanna give us a summary or abstract of that? Dont exactly wanna watch the video for an hour...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Hey, OP, you might not know about this thread, so here is a heads up:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the vid, watched the first few minutes it seems pretty interesting, I can't watch it all right now though I'm off to sleep so I'm posting to find my way back here later.

I'm really interested in this "quickening" that I and most people I know are feeling, excited to find out where all this is leading us.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Funny thing is, that was like 15 years ago and I have not seen anything of the sort.

Highlander - 1986

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich
Hey, guys.

I know there has been quite a bit of hype about the Oct.28th 2011 and I know plenty of people have tinkered with it through it's various refresh and updates over the days.

Well, I was playing with " The safe " and I came across this video.

I figured it was kind of neat and it holds quite a bit about the supposed coming days.

Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it. I figured considering the predictions it lays claim to as well as the various prophecies with in the video it was fitting.

I figured if others have not seen this, they should and those that have what do you think ?

Embed didn't work.....

Direct link
vimeo.com...

edit on 9/18/2011 by Ilyich because: changed link

edit on 9/18/2011 by Ilyich because: embeded video fail

I found this quickening video about a month ago. I is a really gentle way of preparing people. I sent this video to my mother and as she is open to watching it her christian upbringing is blocking her being able to understand it. I have a short cut on my desk top and go to this link at least once a week, they keep updating and adding. Its worth watching it

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Ah, I as well check this site in the morning and before I go to bed. How ever I didn't start this thread to discuss the 10/20/2011 thread, I wanted to discuss the video. So thank you for the link to the 10.28.2011 thread, I already knew of it's existence and as far as I'm concerned that site is open to so many interpretations, especially with all the imagery, and metaphors ( even though he/she states in the page info it's not a riddle, or puzzle. )

Now the quick rundown on the video.

Okay the quickening is a rather long video, but it basically addresses all the supposed hype of doom and gloom as well it takes a perspective of a how should I put this. Diamond in the rough ? I think that covers it actually. I took this video as more of a sign of hope for humanity. The coming days will undoubtedly be rough, but in the end it will be better for the human race, and all life on our planet.

It touches on current anomalies in weather, as well the apparent speed up of time( entirely on a perceptual level, I don't need someone to explain why they think this is impossible.) Many of us have posted threads, and comments about missing time, or entire days weeks passing much quicker than we are familiar with. Not that the day itself is shorter or the nights pass faster, but rather our perception of time is warped. Thus it's titled " The Quickening."

The Quickening touches on the Aztec/mayan calendar and what it means. It touches on some Hopi Mythology and prophecies, now if someone wants to bring up the Hopi are a private people. Yes, they are and they remain living on the same land they always have with out expanding those territorial lines and their way of life. How, ever they are not a secretive people, and are willing to teach those that will truly listen. Outsiders are welcome to visit their villages, attend some ceremonies walk their land with them. How ever, in many places they live off their land in the same homes they built hundreds of years ago. Even the new homes are built in the same fashion. Many with out electricity or running water as their ancestors did. There has been an outraged with some Hopi, as others have twisted their stories producing an abomination. How ever, I find this video presents the story with out Gross exaggeration, and does leave it ultimately to the interpretation of others. It also touches on political events that are playing out as we speak, as well many theories involving secret governments and hidden agenda. Again, this isn't presented as a definite presentation of this is the way it will be, it actually presents multiple possibilities that lead to vast changes for life here on Earth in all forms. I believe a fair bit of the information presented in this video is happening as we speak, and many of us are too ignorant to believe it, or just aren't ready to accept it. How ever, when the day comes I feel we could all benefit from watching this video. No matter your opinion, religious back ground, or social stance I wish you all to watch it when/if you have the time. If you wish to Debunk, I will personally read every post, even the trolls (I may taunt, but I will offer no more food for the trolls. Ha, ha.) Just watch the video.

All in all, I would like to know EVERYONE'S thoughts and opinions. I will not neglect any beliefs or opinions no matter how ridiculous I may find them. We are all entitled to our opinion, just please watch. It's one of the best videos I've seen on the times to come, and the times we are in. Excellent presentation, that I felt didn't try to alienate anyone or call anyone out for being wrong with what they believed. Simply, presented in a way most will understand. I can't make you watch, so if you don't want to just don't. Hell, don't even reply that way this will just fall and if it does I will drop it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

Highlander - 1986
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !!!!

Oh and time doesnt feel like it is speeding up of any thing like it

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Give it a watch, that's the best way I can put it. Think of how technology advances lately. We tend to double the capabilities in technology in a year, so instances such as computers a newer better model is released every month as opposed to the 50's and 60's where it went from occupying entire floors of buildings to a single room. lol Just watch it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Made me laugh. People who are 50 or 100 have had to change their perceptions - says who? Mine have not changed.

Typing as I listen:

Survival of the fittest is how the species continues. Of course peace comes from within. This is not news. We do not need to 'fight' for peace. Faith? Faith in what? Serving the Divine only if you believe in that.

What physical events? This is just pure speculation and scare mongering. There is no evidence that humanity will be threatened by extinction.

There will be no death and destruction. This is just complete nonsense being spouted to support the sales of books and videos.

Complete surrender to Divine will? Sorry I am an atheist. I will surrender to no one as there is no one or thing to surrender to.

100s of millions of people preparing for an event that is the figment of the imagination of some people with an agenda previously mentioned.

October 28th will not be any different from any other day. For one thing we have changed that calendars since the Mayans devised their calendars so you cannot equate dates like this. Julian, Gregorian, Moslem, Jewish. No this stuff is produced by someone who is ignorant fo these things.

Things speed up? Vibrational--had to stop it there. What we all sped up 20 times? Cellular underworld from big bang on - means you have to accept the Big Bang first and anyway I am darn sure the Mayans knew nothing about that. Anyway NO ONE had explained this vibrational frequency. It is a bit like HAARP. Every time I ask, no one can tell me how HAARP can create earthquakes. Every time I ask about vibrations, not on can tell me. Bit like religion really.

Blessed is he that has not seen yet still believes. Sorry that does not wash with me.

Whilst I am all in favour of us taking note of the effect that we have as humans I and afraid that most do not. This is just nonsense being put forwards from a westernised viewpoint.

Time is NOT speeding up. I certainly have not seen ANY change from 1998 to 1999 when it is supposed to have gone from 19.2 years to 360 days. So when this ever decreasing spiral reached 2011 and supposedly became every 18 days did anyone notice. Nope, thought not.,

She keeps on harking on about the Mayan calendar from the Big Bang to now. Once again slowly - the Mayans knew nothing about the Big Bang, the Big Bang is an hypothesis, if it occurred no one actually knows the exact date.

Oh love it. The get out clause on prophecy explaining why they don't come to pass. Oh this is good prophecy exists for assisting humanity's evolution. I must remember that when some one is preaching doom.

Ha, here it comes, if you don't believe the destruction stories you are afraid of them. And now the harmonious conciousness will stop the destruction because it will no longer be needed? ROFLMAO.

Here we go. If you believe it will be sweetness and light, if you don't it is hell and damnation. Crank up a new tune - this one is a bit worn out.

OK that is it. Having listened to over 30 minutes of this bovine excrement she moved on to Elenin and it being a brown dwarf or being followed by one.

Any vestige of credibility is out of the window.

By the way just a final comment. If these so called alignments are causing the earthquakes what caused 2007 Sumatra, 2005 Sumatra, 2004 Banda, 1965 Kuril Islands, 1964 Alaska, 1963 Kuril Islands, 1960 Chile, 1957 Alaska, 1952 Kamchatka, 1950 Tibet, 1938 Banda Sea, 1923 Kamchatka, 1922 Chile, 1906 Ecudor, 1896 Japan, 1868 Chile (was Peru), 1755 Lison, 1730 Valparaiso, 1700 Cascadia, 1687 Lima - I could go on....

ETA: don't know why I am still listening to this but shame Elenin broke up. No 3 days
no alignment
No Hopi prophecy (yet)

By the way we would not pass through the 'tail' in November. The tail point AWAY from the sun so actually that would be the 26th - but the tail is not long enough.

BAD SCIENCE. EPIC FAIL!

edit on 18/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Further ETA: Oh please why am I still listening. An earthquake that destroys 30 nuclear reactors - now THAT is fearmongering at it's best.

edit on 18/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

I have watched their Vids,.
Not convinced though,. for example they reference Elenin as a contributor to the October 28th
Callamen explanation of events to unfold.. well that obviously was a bad pick to add to their
reasoning to why things will fail or advance, however one wished to perceive it.
It only makes sense to how things are moving faster in technology,. computers.
They have greatly helped the process of evolution, and given us the power to do things quicker.
I dont think the Human is any smarter than 50 years ago,. just have used the resources in front of us
on wiser level.
The Romans, Egyptians, Greeks, all had great thinking ability to advance their civilizations..
could it be that they thought in their time, they had superior technology?
It could be simply a perception. not an actual change in time at all, of the evolution

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Highlander 2 was subtitled "The Quickening" in the 80s so no, he didn't.

Not gonna say yay or nay to this theory but who knows until something happens.

top topics

join