It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix lights again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is my first thread I have started. Tonight my wife, myself, and our two kids were driving home in Glendale, AZ. All of us saw what could be a straight line or a V shape of distinct red orbs, perfectly synced. I wouldn't even call them lights as there was no peripheral light, just within the three circles. The middle one blinked out once, then came back. Then all three blinked and gone. My wife doesn't even get into this sort of thing but she freaked when she saw it. They were far west. Like far west Glendale, maybe Peoria. Depending on the size it could have been Surprise. The funny thing was my wife posted from her phone on FB about it and we immediately heard back that someone in Chandler (southeast valley) saw the same thing a few minutes before. Now ABC, FOX, etc are all reporting on it. They all say it was from a show in Gilbert where skydivers were diving with flares. The pics they showed were NOTHING like what we saw. Did anyone see this? Off topic but immediately after there was a fire north of our house at an apartment complex and we joked about it being the cause. I just find it weird that so many people saw something AGAIN in Phoenix and AGAIN we have multiple differences in sightings and the flares come out again.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Any links to the news stories or pictures they showed?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Here's a link to a local tv station:
www.abc15.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Certainly not on the level of the OG Phoenix lights, but weird nonetheless. And here are the links I've got.

knxv.m0bl.net...

www.myfoxphoenix.com...

The thing is both of them are referring to divers in Gilbert. That's completely the opposite direction of what we saw. And the lights looked NOTHING like the pics they've given. My wife tried to take pics/vid but her phone wasn't cutting it. I'm not saying it was something alien but very strange. Other people saw what we were talking about. My wife actually had me pull over and get out and look around after they blinked out because she wanted to see if there was any way to get a good shot of it. She agreed that it wasn't normal aircraft light. No glow around the "bulb", just light within the circles. I mean I'm kind of a UFO dork but this caught her attention hard, which convinced me I wasn't being a weirdo. lol

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Its people sky diving....

You can clearly see the parachute at one point.

edit on 18-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Check Google maps or any map app for that matter. Gilbert is east of us. What we saw was west of Glendale, which is west of Phoenix, which is west of Gilbert. The news footage IS of what they were talking about.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
And unless skydivers are able to travel over 30 miles in a matter of minutes west of where they were, it wasn't them. Like I said, I'm not saying it's some freakin alien invasion. Just an oddity. I've never seen anything like what we saw. I was just wondering if anyone else saw it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I was in Phoenix with the first lights were sighted a few years ago. Nothing that has been said by the media has come close to what I saw that evening. Arizona has always been a hot spot for sighting UFO's, but it seems things have accelerated as of late. This was the only vid I could find so far, but I'll be looking for more.

Great post!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The original PHX lights was completely undeniable. What we saw tonight I know other people saw because when I pulled over on a side street, other people outside were looking over there. It wasn't on the level of the original Phoenix lights by any means. I just tied it together with the news saying "Yes! It's skydivers with flares in Gilbert!".....ok...let's deal with geography for a minute... Then we get home and an apartment complex catches on fire north of us and helicopters are going around so I don't know how it will all get mixed up. What we saw was before the fire/helicopters, and I know other people saw it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Forgot to add this. My wife immediately after wondering out loud what we saw said maybe it was fighter jets. Luke AFB is out that way. I agreed. I have seen them though. I have NEVER seen a plane with lights like that. She also asked if it could be three helicopters. Quickly shut down. They have those floodlights, and their regular lights still beam out. This was odd. Funny thing. A friend of mine who is former military had a friend at Nellis AFB that said he heard the original Phoenix lights situation was due to a test plane. Now this actually makes some sense. He said he heard they were testing an aircraft that used magnetism to float. ie like how reverse poles reject each other. He claimed that was why it was so large because they had to have a large area to work with to keep it at a steady altitude. The claim went on to say that when they flew it they realized they couldn't control it like they thought and blam...hello Phoenix. HAHAHA! If that is true, it's hilarious.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
As surfing is to Stephen Hawking, skydiving is to me. But, this does look like skydivers.

I am on the fence due to the explanation of the area the skydiving took place. Interesting! Love it!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sliznut

The video from abctv.com shows skydivers. But that's nothing like you described in your OP.

The craft using magnetic propulsion makes no sense unless it was using monopoles. This is still highly theoretical in terms of 21st century technology.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

I tried to load a map to explain how this in no way applies to what we saw. Photobucket is being jank and for some reason the ATS media part keeps insisting I log in when I already am and then doesn't recognize my info. Yes, what you saw WERE skydivers. That was like 30+ miles east of what we saw, and what we saw was west of us.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I'm not an aeronautical engineer by any means. I'm a techie by trade. I was just passing along what I heard. Which in some ways does make sense. When the original PHX lights happened Luke scrambled fighters which was witnessed. Then they denied it happened. They also denied anyone called them when there are people on record calling them and recording their calls. That seems like a military situation...ie cover your back for your mess up. I'm in no way declaring I know something that is major. Just passing along info/theories. What we saw tonight had ZERO to do with divers in Gilbert. That's like saying someone lit a fire in RIverside, CA and someone in Orange saw the light over the ocean.
edit on 18-9-2011 by sliznut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
How big do you estimate the craft to be? Did you hear any sound? How fast was it moving?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
As surfing is to Stephen Hawking, skydiving is to me. But, this does look like skydivers.

I am on the fence due to the explanation of the area the skydiving took place. Interesting! Love it!

Sorry. I replied to you earlier but didn't quote you, so I wasn't sure if anyone would catch what I was saying. Look up a map of Phoenix. Gilbert is southeast of where we are. That's where the divers were. The lights we saw were west of Glendale.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adon115
How big do you estimate the craft to be? Did you hear any sound? How fast was it moving?

Saying it was a craft is a stretch too at this point. No sound at all. Yeah it could have been some sort of new fighter planes, but I've heard the normal fighters. They're LOUD. They also don't stay in sync like this. It looked like a solid bar holding the lights/orbs together. The lights seemed very in sync which made me and even my wife believe it was one, not three different things. We really couldn't estimate a distance on it because there wasn't much to reference and it was hard to figure out how close it was. The clarity of the lights...I would say a mile or more because if it was further I'd expect it to be dimmer. But if it was further out, who knows? Honestly, it could have been fighters going back to Luke. But I've never seen fighters blink out and be gone. And the people we saw looking up when we pulled over didn't seem like they were sure what they saw either. We weren't under it though so it was very ..well, strange and hard to estimate the size.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The only real oddity hours later is that we can still hear choppers. They were around for the fire of course with their spotlights as usual. But there are still some flying around apparently with lights off. I dunno. Whatever. Just passing it all on for debate. I'm done. The hooligan numero uno is still awake for some reason. I'm downing a Fat Tire and crashing. Night ATS!

top topics

join