It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foo Fighters serenade Westboro Church protestors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Beating them at their own game. Classic.

"He's irresistible." Cripes that's so good. Should have had hidden cameras though. Might have gotten a much needed assault charge against THEM.

edit on 18-9-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Great stuff, I've only heard a little of the Foo Fighters music and also not much about that horrid church, only through Louis Theroux documentaries. But its good to know a little bit of humour can knock back any amount of anger coming at you.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Foo fighters are the only mainstream band left that care about the music they produce. Every other band that gets into the charts is either auto-tuned bs sung by a pre-teen or some idiot prancing around in a vest with a gold chain. Dave grohl is probably one of my most respected people of all time, the guy isn't afraid about opening his mouth and he has that iconic punk-rock attitude as did joe strummer, kurt cobain, poly-styrene, and many others who influenced/created the punkrock scene as we know it today,.

Sadly many of those people are not with us today, at least dave can still spread the message when the lunatics show up.

"Doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, got a problem? Then f**k off!"

Awesome to hear this news. Great job and nicely done.
edit on 18-9-2011 by InsideYourMind because: enabling spell-checking, maybe i won't need to correct sentences after this... lol

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Dave Grohl kicks a**.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Fred Phelps jr is loving that attention.I bet he went home and looked at his butt cheeks in the mirror
Whats with some of those signs? "god hates cripple soldiers"!!! "America is doomed".
Can we get some WBC players on here , with some sources and evidence as required

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
heh, how cool was that
i rather enjoyed that video
thank you op

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

That's great.

You gotta love Dave Grohl.............

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Dave Grohl has played the Devil on two occasions, so I think this kind of thing would have been right up his street, so to speak.

I applaud the Foo Fighters, just wish I was part of the band. Would have loved to shove it into the faces of this vile church.

Personally, I would love to visit their chuch and play 'In the Garden of Eden'.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I find hard to believe that there are people as bigoted as that church. They are the definition of a cult

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Every other band that gets into the charts is either auto-tuned bs sung by a pre-teen or some idiot prancing around in a vest with a gold chain.

Yes it's sad but the music industry is run by the same corporate money men that run the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is why I love Rock Music. Sadly popular music today is pro establishment

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Dave Grohl is a legend no doubt about that. Not sure if you guys have seen this but it may expand on why the band is dressed like they are, complete bodyslam to westboro if they saw this vid they'd be livid. Also I'm sure the lady at the end says 'I love that song!' lol. Genius.

hotbuns.foofighters.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's them getting ready and putting on the wigs and stuff.

This was an excellent F-You to the WBC, and well played by the FF.

And hilarious too

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomie

That is HILARIOUS man.... OMG.... and soooo wrong.

Oh man, I hope they send that to the WBC...

:shk:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Oh dear, the old Hot Buns video!!

And in case anyone hasn't seen their music video for Low...
Basically Dave Grohl and Jack Black having a rather crazy evening

I'd LOVE to give every member a copy of this video on DVD.
edit on 18-9-2011 by LunaStarr because: incorrect link

edit on 18-9-2011 by LunaStarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Brilliant isn't it?! Wrong, But very Foos. And being a girl I love the chance to perv at Dave and Taylors bums! ;-) Gotta love the way they always do something comedy.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomie
reply to post by blupblup

Brilliant isn't it?! Wrong, But very Foos. And being a girl I love the chance to perv at Dave and Taylors bums! ;-) Gotta love the way they always do something comedy.

Their videos have always been hilarious and very wrong, it's true.

And good for you, you go girl

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Meh... I think "any publicity is still publicity". It's like fighting fire with fire, ridicule with ridicule. It just makes the situation worse by provoking anger, making both sides larger, making the fighting louder and more intense, while not stopping it or the suffering it causes in any meaningful sense. Who wins then? Protesting does not stop protesting. WBC can tell me that I and my significant other are going to burn for an eternity, but giving them the power of attention is giving them ammunition - and that makes me just as dense. The only thing I can control is my reaction to what is, and I'd rather just not mind that ignorance exists, and it always will.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
westboro -- YES - lower caps -- "church"

FIRST LINE SAYS IT ALL

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
.... Obviously you aren't doing it, so mind your own business!

In relation to the WBC, I'm not entirely convinced this applies - the "obviously" part... it brings to mind a truism from Shakespeare - "methinks they doth protest too much!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join