It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer to be a "Notifiable Disease" in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Cancer to be a "Notifiable Disease" in India

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

Every hospital in India - private or public - may soon be bound to inform government on the number of cancer cases they treat.

The push is in the offing since the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has recommended to the Union health ministry to make cancer a "notifiable disease".

At present, highly infectious diseases like plague, polio, H5N1 bird flu or the H1N1 swine flu figure in the list. Cancer will become the first non-communicable disease (NCD) to be bracketed under th
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
articles.timesofindia.indi atimes.com
articles.timesofindia.indiat imes.com
www.dnaindia.com
www.forbes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Quarantine: A Standard Depopulation Strategy
Quarantine Until Death: The Pandemic Policy Now on Trial in the Court of Public Opinion
POLITICS: The Quarantine Solution
Quarantine & Detention Official Docs...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Reading this news made my heart jump into my throat - and the hair on my arms stand up. Usually, only highly contagious and communicable diseases are "notifiable" - things like plague, Syphilis, gonorrhea, AIDS, polio, bird flu and swine flu - because anyone infected puts everyone else at risk.

Cancer is not recognized as communicable - or contagious or even infectious - even though scientific research does link cancer to viruses and infectious prions. According to the medico-eugenics buzz, cancer is supposed to be "genetic" or self-inflicted by lifestyle - I do my research and I know it's not, but - officially, cancer is still a "medical mystery." So what happened? Why does India suddenly want to make cancer notifiable?

Partly, because cancer is suddenly pandemic - now the second leading cause of death in developed countries, accounting for 21% (2.5 million) of all deaths. In developing countries, cancer is the third leading cause of death at 9.5% (3.8 million).

Partly because cancer already is the third biggest killer in India, and the World Health Organization (WHO) just warned Indian authorities that the country is the next hub for cancer. Meaning what? Cancer cases are about to skyrocket in India?

So the nation's top scientists made the decision to make cancer a notifiable disease. They say the reports will make it possible to track the pandemic's real magnitude and effects, for better diagnosis and treatment.

I have a really creepy feeling about this… The prion link alone is disturbing - prions are airborne - which seems to suggest that cancer just might be communicable after all. Considering that many Indians are vegetarian, and most do NOT eat beef - their getting hit with what appears to be a Mad Cow prion-related cancer pandemic is the cruelest kind of joke.

Our governments and health authorities did NOT move on regulating industry to prevent disease when they could have and should have. Instead, Big Pharma took control and pitched treatments over cures. Now, what? Cancer and Mad Cow aren't just foodborne, they're airborne too? What are those pesky little prions doing to get around so fast? Hitchhiking on flu viruses?

There is NO doubt cancer is spreading round the world like wildfire along with diabetes, heart disease, arthritis and few other goodies from the "developed" world - ALL linked to prions created by industry.

But the corporatists continue to demur. From Forbes, New global killers: heart, lung disease and cancer:

For decades, global health leaders have focused on diseases that can spread - AIDS, tuberculosis, new flu bugs. They pushed for vaccines, better treatments and other ways to control germs that were only a plane ride away from seeding outbreaks anywhere in the world.

Now they are turning to a new set of culprits causing what United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon calls "a public health emergency in slow motion." This time, germs aren't the target: We are, along with our bad habits like smoking, overeating and too little exercise.

Next week, the U.N. General Assembly will hold its first summit on chronic diseases - cancer, diabetes and heart and lung disease. Those account for nearly two-thirds of deaths worldwide, or about 36 million. In the United States, they kill nearly 9 out of 10 people. They have common risk factors, such as smoking and sedentary lifestyles, and many are preventable.

If you say so. Still...

India once was noted for leper colonies. Is that the future of cancer treatment there? Cancer colonies? How about in Europe and North America? …We all know Big Pharma fails big time, but what's left? Maybe we really should #TakeWallStreet?

Is it too late to clean up our planet? Too "expensive"? Pointless? Is this a "natural" solution to the so-called "overpopulation problem"? Even though it's not at all "natural"?

And the really big question: Who will be left to bury all the bodies?

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This thread and podcast of loam's is GREAT - but my post kept getting kicked back for a "syntax" error every time I tried to include it. So here goes again:

CDC's Proposed Quarantine Rules

Note: "Quarantine" legislation seems to cover most anything 'they' want it to.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Cancer is about to be airborne, and it seems they let that info slip.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Cancer is about to be airborne, and it seems they let that info slip.

I suspect maybe it's been airborne for a while - and foodborne, and contaminating our soil, water, and… ?

This bit is from my thread Treating Brain-Wasting Mad Cow Disease. Works here too.

Looks like prions are the underlying cause of most "modern" diseases of civilization from cancer to diabetes to high cholesterol and heart disease. And more. Fact is, "protein misfolding disorders" cause a pile of fibrotic and other amyloid diseases.

Turns out prions mutate and adapt - and evolve to infect new and different cells - so obviously, there's way more than just 2 or 5 prion diseases.

And - shades of Contagion - Prion Diseases are Airborne.

So - great that maybe someday there might be a treatment, if not a cure. But prevention is better than response. Just not profitable.

Note: Prions also hitchhike on viruses, so I sure hope they get on top of this one soon - even if H1N1 swine flu pandemic didn't kill many people, I hate to think what the human population is going to look like 30 years from now.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The food we eat, proliferates cancer cells in our body.
But i'm guessing since cancer is now a Notifiable Disease, we'll be contracting stage 4 cancer in the air.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is really alarming.
The radioactive rain is something very hard to deal with, and all their "accidents". But I've long suspected there was something more to cancer. Why would they put cancer cells in chemtrails and what was scientifically analyzed in the sludge found on the back of the porch?

Why would they put cancer cells in immunizations?

I think its time people stopped the bloodlines in their tracts. I want arrests made ASAP.

edit on 18-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Maybe....

Cancer=population control on a massive, world-wide scale?

Just a thought..

[color=deepskyblue]Edited to add: S&F (:
edit on 18-9-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
All this news only does one thing, it opens the door for big pharma to move around with their barbaric cancer treatments solutions and keep killing more people while reaping outrageous profits.

Because that is what our so "call modern" cancer treatments are barbaric, expensive and outdated, because is not about curing anybody but perpetuate the suffering of diseases.

Cancer is mostly an immune response disease and is shown in other countries that practice natural medicine without government intervention or big pharma interest that can be treated successfully and even cure.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Perhaps they just want to keep track of numbers?

Cancer is an extremely generalized term that referes to abnormal cell growth. Also, madcow (BSE) isn't caused by cancer, it caused by prions, as you mentioned.

I think the rise in cancer is caused by a myriad of things including different chemicals, radioactivity, and certain viruses.

Great post either way, S+F.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]Maybe....

Cancer=population control on a massive, world-wide scale?

Just a thought..

[color=deepskyblue]Edited to add: S&F (:
edit on 18-9-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

That and a good money-draw until They're dead.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think its only right and proper for reports to be drawn up that track and map cancer cases , and I think it is also right and proper for disease and chemical control centers to have that information at thier finger tips. Have you any idea just how many chemicals can be linked to cancer?

You can find chemicals like mercury in many manufacturing locations, cadmium can be found as far as I know , anywhere aluminium is produced, and so on, and so on. Tracking cancer rates and locations can be a great way of ensuring that unseen or unreported chemical leaks can be tracked and identified.

You must remember that not every nation is as uniformly careful with its peoples health as yours and mine. Hell , even our governments can be accused every now and again of forgetting thier duty to the people. Hexavalent chromium released into the groundwater, caused an incident which required the action of a determined community and a determined legal representative to gain compensation, let alone government action, and that was in the U.S. Sweet Jesus, they even made a film about it. You must have heard of it, its called Erin Brockovich.

My point is that cancer can be caused by so many chemicals, and often irresponsible companies can get away with poisoning entire districts through river contamination, through groundwater contamination, and through pumping gouts of toxic crap into the atmosphere , only for it to float into the throats ,guts and lungs of innocent people. This tracking system will allow for such things to be caught early and cut down on .

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I always remember my grandparents saying that they never had such thing as "cancer" back in their day. Seems they were right.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You must remember that not every nation is as uniformly careful with its peoples health as yours and mine.

Which would explain why cancer has gone from practically non-existent to being the 2nd leading cause of death on this continent?

...I do agree that tracking can serve many purposes, some valid, many perverse.

irresponsible companies can get away with poisoning entire districts through river contamination, through groundwater contamination, and through pumping gouts of toxic crap into the atmosphere , only for it to float into the throats ,guts and lungs of innocent people. This tracking system will allow for such things to be caught early and cut down on .

You wish. Hasn't happened yet. Anywhere. But it should, no doubt.

edit on 18/9/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Cancer is an extremely generalized term that referes to abnormal cell growth.

Not any more - the term "cancer" no longer is applied to dysplasia or hyperplasia alone, which on their own are considered "pre-cancerous."

"Cancer" is diagnosed only when dysplasia and hyperplasia 'combine' to create neoplasia or metaplasia.

Any of a large group of malignant diseases characterized by an abnormal, uncontrolled growth of new cells in one of the body organs or tissues. …

Also, madcow (BSE) isn't caused by cancer, it caused by prions, as you mentioned.

Like Mad Cow, cancer is caused by infectious prions - the evidence suggests that prions cause 'chronic disease' like cancer before they make it from the stomache to the brain and progress to become dementia. …Much depends on the "point of entry" - did the prions enter the body via food? Via surgery, and if so, where? Via the lungs or nasal passages? Via the skin? …But however and wherever prions enter the body, they are exposed to a variety of different cells as they travel through the body to the brain, and ...

Prions mutate on exposure to new cells and evolve to infect them, generally resulting in chronic disease like cancer as well as arthritis, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and etc.. …and the chronic disease burden is just killing virtually every nation's economy.

Chronic disease to cost $47 trillion by 2030: WEF

The global economic impact of the five leading chronic diseases -- cancer, diabetes, mental illness, heart disease, and respiratory disease -- could reach $47 trillion over the next 20 years, according to a study by the World Economic Forum (WEF).

The estimated cumulative output loss caused by the illnesses, which together already kill more than 36 million people a year and are predicted to kill tens of millions more in future, represents around 4 percent of annual global GDP over the coming two decades, the study said.

"This is not a health issue, this is an economic issue -- it touches on all sectors of society," Eva Jane-Llopis, WEF's head of chronic disease and wellness, said in a telephone interview.

How often does cancer result? …In 2007, men in the USA had a 1 in 2 chance of getting cancer in their lifetime; American women had a 1 in 3 chance.

In the United States, cancer is likely to affect 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women at least once in their lifetime.

I think the rise in cancer is caused by a myriad of things including different chemicals, radioactivity, and certain viruses.

Absolutely - and these "environmental factors" cause normal proteins to misfold and create disease-causing prions - prions being the disease mechanism.

Great post either way, S+F.

Thank you.

Also note: "According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the worldwide NCD epidemic is expected to accelerate so that by 2030 the number of deaths from NCDs could reach 52 million a year." …Could you run that by me again? Worldwide NCD epidemic? …Um. Doesn't "worldwide" make it a pandemic?

And here's the kicker: "The need for immediate action is critical to the future of the global economy."

So corporate industry created the chronic disease pandemic and stuck us and our nations with the bill. We are going bankrupt, so the global corporate economy will formally take over with their Global Corporate Government to save the day. …I'm thinking they're NOT going to be handing out disability checks to the chronically debilitated billions. We'll be lucky if they create the modern equivalent of leper colonies.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
And the Rockefellers went to India. Have they come back at all? I never heard of it. Just prior to Fukushima too. I wonder if they're a part of this. After all, the nuclear reactors are their subsiduaries, and so is Baxters and the biochemicals. So, I am of mind to pin this on them partly anyway.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You have to go after the system, not the individuals. ...It's like the Hydra:

In Greek mythology, the Hydra was a giant water snake with many heads ... The number of heads is variously reported from as few as 5 to more than 100.

...when one of the Hydra's heads was cut off, two more grew in its place. The monster also had one immortal head.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks to all posters on this issue. Cancer is a man-caused disease. We are all being chemically altered by industrialization of our food supply and the products we use. This is truly a crime against humanity. From BPA to endocrine disrupters we are being bombarded by many different chemical componds which have been lightly studied by themselves let alone the interaction of these chemical compounds in everyday life ......
edit on 19-9-2011 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
A few more tidbits:

1. Prion diseases …can be sporadic (spontaneous), familial (genetic/inherited) or acquired (transmitted by infection).

2. Virtually any protein can misfold and become infectious, given "suitable" destabilizing conditions.

Protein misfolding and aggregation: new examples in medicine and biology of the dark side of the protein world

…even the toxic effects of protein aggregates, mainly in their pre-fibrillar organization, result from common structural features rather than from specific sequences of side chains. These data lead to hypothesize that every polypeptide chain, in itself, possesses a previously unsuspected hidden dark side leading it to transform into a generic toxin to cells in the presence of suitable destabilizing conditions. This new view of protein biology underscores the key importance, in protein evolution, of the negative selection against molecules with significant tendency to aggregate as well as, in biological evolution, of the development of the complex molecular machineries aimed at hindering the appearance of misfolded proteins and their toxic early aggregates.

These data also suggest that, in addition to the well-known amyloidoses, a number of degenerative diseases whose molecular basis are presently unknown might be determined by the intra- or extracellular deposition of aggregates of presently unsuspected proteins. …

3. However, the only disease-causing misfolded protein currently recognized as a "prion" is the human prion protein (PrP). PrP is a product of the human prion protein gene (PRNP) located to chromosome 20 (20p12-ter). Mutations and polymorphisms in the PRNP are associated with prion disease. Genetic prion diseases are inherited in an autosomal dominant trait, examination of the penetrance is restricted to mutation E200K (59-89%). Mutations can be substitutions or insertions. Genetic prion diseases are classified according to the clinicopathological phenotype

4. The only sites acknowledged as susceptible to infection by prions are the brain and nervous system: the abnormal prion protein …aggregates mostly in the brain causing degeneration and disease.

5. Only five prion diseases are currently acknowledged as prion diseases: kuru, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD), Gerstmann-Sträussler-Scheinker syndrome (GSS), fatal insomnia (FI), and variant CJD (vCJD).

The prion diseases.

The prion diseases are a family of rare [tsk] neurodegenerative [tsk, tsk] disorders that result from the accumulation of a misfolded isoform of the prion protein (PrP), a normal constituent of the neuronal membrane. Five subtypes constitute the known human prion diseases; kuru, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD), Gerstmann-Sträussler-Scheinker syndrome (GSS), fatal insomnia (FI), and variant CJD (vCJD). …

6. Other diseases linked to infectious misfolded proteins are just called "misfolded protein disorders" - or named according their symptoms or after the guy who discovered them. …Anything but a "prion disease."

...Cancer falls under #6.

top topics

join