It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFBR392 KFBR392 MacGruber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Lt. Dixon Piper: What is the plan?
MacGruber: Well, I kind of make it up as I go.
Lt. Dixon Piper: That's not really a plan then.
MacGruber: Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans. And I'm not good with clues. What I am good with is kicking ass and ripping throats.

wiki film macgruber

More or less sums up the movie. Will Forte is very funny as is Kristen Wiig. This might be one of the best most ridiculously bad movies of all time. If one appreciates this type of comedy - so bad they start to become amzingly funny, you might have to watch it twice to catch it all...

Critics' consensus concludes the movie "too often mistakes shock value for real humor, but MacGruber is better than many SNL films – and better than it probably should be

The movie completely bombed in the theaters...TUG??TUG??Call911!

Official MacGruber Site

After about ten minutes you think you've seen the movie...the over the top nature of everything seems trite to a degreed and tired too...how can you stetch a 30 second soso funny SNL skit into a feature film? Well, you really can't, but if you keep watching and allow yourself to see the world from 'Grubs pov, things suddenly get funnier and funnier - and not in conventional ways that can really be desribed here. Again, something so endearingly funny about Kristen Wiig...

There are two very shocking scenes that could go two ways with viewers. One is that you hate everything about the movie - the other is that you have tears coming out of your eyes, in an almost Borat embarassment type of way. T&C won't allow them here...Shocked and laughing harder than I have in a while - at extremely juvenile comedy. KFBR392 -

Rotten Tomatoes reviews:

IMDB

So amazingly stupid it starts to wear you down. By the end you can't ask yourself what the hell it was you just watched..

CJ
edit on 17-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I would suggest posting the celery scene but I think it violates the T&C.

I admit, thought it was the dumbest movie but started laughing through the second half.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes, I was almost amazed at how bad it was at first - I am glad I kept watching...now a couple "classic MacGruber" lines keep running through my head - something about Will Forte's delivery -the stupid and sad character he plays...

The celery scence, when he begs Ryan Phillipe to join his team, when he makes love to kristen wiig and his ghost wife...cant put them up here but were shocking in how silly they were...

CJ

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
no one i saw this liked it.

I thought it was great. Everything he did played to his character. He was ridiculous but believable on some level.
Since I got directv, ive been watching it all the time, its a good come in anywhere type of movie.

this definitely one of my favorite guilty pleasures, nice post.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Macgruber did have some genuinely funny moments. But for the most part it was just dumb.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRiverCityAnswer
no one i saw this liked it.

I thought it was great. Everything he did played to his character. He was ridiculous but believable on some level.
Since I got directv, ive been watching it all the time, its a good come in anywhere type of movie.

this definitely one of my favorite guilty pleasures, nice post.

Thanks! I feel the same way - a few curious glances thrown my way when I mention it...but I can't stop thinking about how dumb MacGruber is and how Forte plays him so well.

CJ

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Macgruber did have some genuinely funny moments. But for the most part it was just dumb.

Yes, a lot of it IS dumb -really painful dumb - I agree...but I though the second half made it worthwhile...

CJ

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRiverCityAnswer

Here are a couple more video reviews I found...

and all I can show is the after from the "celery" scene...

CJ

edit on 18-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Grubs.

CJ

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I found this movie to be almost unwatchable at first, but with a little change of attitude, I could appreciate it for the bad movie it simply is.

That said, it does have its moments. Overall, it's pretty bad, but you have to go into it really expecting it to be a bad movie, to enjoy it.

top topics

join