It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Creepy Dolls! Wow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This site really caught my attention on Google images, and I thought it deserves some props.
weburbanist.com...

Russian-born doll artist Marina Bychova creates breathtakingly intricate, ‘enchanted’ ball-jointed dolls made of porcelain, with amazingly detailed costumes and even hand-painted tattoos. These lithe, ethereal dolls are beautiful and delicate, yet dark – among the options available when ordering a doll is ‘body mutilation’.
Bychova says, “Creating a visual narrative is the most intriguing way of articulating my ideas and a doll is a perfect medium because of its potential for such visual story. My strong tendency for escapism has made the make belief narrative of fairy tales very appealing as a context for my dolls. What interests me most about fairy tales is the implicit and often explicit violence that lies just beneath the surface of the magic.”

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think the one holding the apple is my favorite. What an imagination.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Now some of those dolls disturb me, wow.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I couldn't imagine having them in my house. I recently met a woman who makes her own but they are supposed to look nice. No matter what a 2 foot doll is always creepy. However these belong on the movie Inciduis!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Wow! Some of those dolls are really creepy.
I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink if one of those creepy one's sat on a shelf in my bedroom. I would probably lay awake all night long watching the thing to make sure it didn't move.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

That's hilarious! I would put it in a box, and then another box in a garage. Monitored by a pitbull eating bulldog who has been starved.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i dont see where we can purchase them. are they just "show" dolls?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Newz2387

I'm not sure, I think they would be pretty darn expensive too. I'll check into it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Artistic? yes. definitely.

do I like them and would I have one?

oh hell no LOL!

I REALLY hate porcelain dolls. REALLY!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Me too can't stand them, stay away doll...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

yeah i would get my chick one of those lol thx

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Now I will probably have nightmares...Not really, but those are very creepy in my opinion. The craftsmanship is obviously impressive, but then again I am sure there are many people who could make them, but just don't have the stomach for it...or the confidence to pursue such an avenue.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Those are some awesome dolls. My wife hand makes her own, she started making zombies, vampires, ghosts and some Alice in Wonderland stuff but has since researched real women of the Victorian era so the dolls she makes now have a real story. She's reacently made Mary Shelley complete with notebook and her husbands heart (rumor has it that when she died and they were clearing her home they found her husbands heart locked in her desk draw). My wifes work can be found at www.NatashaMorgan.etsy.com

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I actually love the one holding the apple!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gallifreyschild

Wow, that's your wife's work? Neato! Her dolls are just as creepy, how cool!

I would've posted her site if I found it.

Dude-your wife may have some issues-I would move out before you wind up with bottle-cap eyes too.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You learn to sleep with one eye open and one hand on the baseball bat, especially as one has knives for hands and forks for feet!!!

top topics

join