It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Sculptor Who Shot Dog ‘for Art’ Receive $750K in Public Funds?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by newcovenant

that precept certainly encompasses CREATE to kill.

That's what would make it art. The controversy.
I'll set up the performance piece for you. A room of men beat an android to death, while a live video feed of red blood cells attacking a microscopic synthetic life occurring under a microscope simultaneously is projected onto the men beating the android to death in a white room.

I'll call it "WHY SCHMOD?! WHY?!"
I am, le artiste.
edit on 18-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Interesting...I suppose there is a market for it. I just hope it stays a niche.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This is why you only donate to the ASPCA! PETA are communist's that use "animal rights" as an excuse to engage in anarchism and seek the reduction of human rights. ASPCA all the way!(Please donate money to the ASPCA they are awesome with how they actually care about animals! Even if it is pocket change in a donation can at a gas station every penny helps,PS I am not affiliated with the ASPCA in anyway at all other than a casual donator).

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There's a big difference between "working for free because you did something bad a long time ago" and "accepting the kind of money most people won't make anything close to if you add up their entire lifetime earnings", just to do away with that little point of discussion I saw someone trying to bring. No one is saying he has to work for free -- he can go be a server like my mother or a bricklayer like my father and make real people money in the real world like most everybody else does, for example.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join