It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Media Black out of Wall Street Protest (NOW)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There is a total media black out of the "occupy wall street" protest in NYC. I guess SOME places have reported but not many. And what they reported was that it was shut down and only 700 people showed up. In FACT, there is now OVER 50 Thousand people protesting in NYC. Why is there NO NEWS whats so ever on this........

LIVE feed from wallstreet

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Libran1

Yep, because the powers that be knows this will make them look bad. So better to block it from public view until they can handle the situation.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

yeah... thats whats scary... how are they going to deal with it?

Not to mention i guess this is happening all around the world right now!!!!!!! what and WHY are we missing this....
edit on 17-9-2011 by Libran1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There are at least 60 articles on Google News, including a New York Times blog.

I don't watch TV so I can't say if it's on there...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
really? 50 thousand? thats insane.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Demonstrators also gathered off Wall Street, with some performing yoga and tai chi in Bowling Green Park, CNN reported. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

CNN, Fox and MSNBC all have something on it...

Should it have more attention? Yes. Is there a blackout? No.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What Im saying is what they ARE saying is BS. there should be cameras down there... i mean if there is 50 thousand people... thats HUGE!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
BLOOMBERG warns of riots

Psychological Operations as usual. Yawn or laugh at the leaders is the proper response.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I saw the live feed until I stopped watching it a few hours ago and honestly the crowd size didn't look anywhere near 50,000. But then again that was 2hrs ago. Maybe the number changed I don't know.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
holy fail batman, lol

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libran1
There is a total media black out of the "occupy wall street" protest in NYC. I guess SOME places have reported but not many. And what they reported was that it was shut down and only 700 people showed up. In FACT, there is now OVER 50 Thousand people protesting in NYC. Why is there NO NEWS whats so ever on this........

LIVE feed from wallstreet

My hand is reaching to cover my mouth as I yawn ( Yeeeawn.....). I dig the sleepy from my eye and I ask. Is this news ? A voice tells me no. Then why cover it? It's all hype for the 60's generation kum by ya hippies of days gone by. And for modern day liberal wanna be hippies trying to repeat history.

It ain't gonna work.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What exactly are they protesting about?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
how news worthy is the sit in anyway ?

everyone knows the economy sucks

everyone knows the average citizen is unhappy

the only thing that would be newsworthy really is violence

there are folks in that crowd that know this, and my worry is if the rally starts to fizzle, you'll see some violence, you'll see protestors confront the police and bait them or just attack them

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

That would be awesome

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Libran1

Because we no longer have freedom of the press. Our government has ways of blackmailing the media if they report things that are not in the governments best interest.

If protests break out like the ones in Iran, and Egypt, our government elite will be no different. Human rights in America has no basis when it comes to the America government getting egg on their face. If you don't think it's true, just look back at the Vietnam protests and the Kent State shootings, and recent arrests of peaceful protestors.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The live feed seems to evidence some pretty dedicated and determined individuals. Keeping an eye on it myself.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Look the fact is its Saturday for gods sake. If a movement was serious would they not do this protest on a weekday? Lack of seriousness by doing this on the weekend makes me question true nature of this and whether it just MSM attention seeking or something serious.

Come back Monday and shutdown wall street and I'll pay attention otherwise this is a no news news event probably politically motivated.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wow thanks for letting us know OP...I 'm proud of those people...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Look the fact is its Saturday for gods sake. If a movement was serious would they not do this protest on a weekday? Lack of seriousness by doing this on the weekend makes me question true nature of this and whether it just MSM attention seeking or something serious.

Come back Monday and shutdown wall street and I'll pay attention otherwise this is a no news news event probably politically motivated.

Because the PTB would ONLY grant them their PERMIT on a weekend... So I guess you gotta choose your battles, hmmmm.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Libran1

Why do people consider it a media blackout when media just decides they dont want to cover something? Is it a media blackout when MSM decides not to cover the local football game at the highschool?
edit on 17-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join