It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima sees progress, however slowly.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'd searched and hadn't seen a story covering the progress and work this shows. Forgive me if I missed something.

While it may be fair to debate how quickly progress is made or what more should be done, these pictures show progress is occurring. The pictures on this link are among the best I've seen yet. It appears weather won't threaten to blow the ruins to the 4 winds here soon and they'll have physical barriers when they start digging into the ruins. It doesn't erase the long term threats and pollution around the world, but sometimes even small steps are worth a smile.

Here are the best two of the series, IMHO.

Source Photo Series

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I hope the people that are building this get treated as hero's and get to live their dreams because they are risking their life's. Their is a big chance that they will die because of the radiation.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Agreed. I doubt they are getting paid fortunes to match the risk so I can only imagine they are willingly making the sacrifice for the benefit of others. Even those who legitimately argue the extent of the threat outside of Japan have to admit the people working in the pictures are not going to enjoy long life and good health to say the least. The least the Japanese Gov't and TEPCO can do is give them 100% free health everything for life and total support and care for the families. Just my opinion....but the 9/11 workers and responders should probably get the same.

new topics

join