It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World’s Largest Sperm Bank Says They Don’t Want Your Ginger Sperm!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Speaking of South Park..
LOL

edit on 17-9-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

Which begs the question, is it ok to bag on Gingers?
edit on 17-9-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
ginger ? are you 12 years old ?

why would 2 brunettes want a red headed baby ? 2 blondes ?

reading comprehension isn't your thing I guess

shocking

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

ginger ? are you 12 years old ? why would 2 brunettes want a red headed baby ? 2 blondes ? reading comprehension isn't your thing I guess shocking
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Are you talking to me?
I'm no ginger.
I'm old.
No. spelling is not my strong point.
Thanks for a well thought out post and concern.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by flyingfish

maybe I'm missing something, but what's the problem here?

The article states that couples by and large don't want to make redhead babies. Unless a woman's partner was a ginger or she had a preference for red hair.

2 blondes having a red headed baby makes sense to you?

If my wife was a red head (we're african american..lol) then I wouldn't have a problem having a red headed baby, and vice versa, but I'm sure my wife wants to have a baby that resembles me..

I've said and I'll say it again - not everything is a conspiracy.
we're not tryna off the red heads..

exactly. if you are going to a donor, you will want a baby that looks like you. redheads are a small minority, so the demand is low

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The thing is that red hair is a recessive trait. The issue with 1 recessive trait is that there's likely to be more recessive traits.

To get a red haired dog, I know you have to inbreed a lot, and inbreeding has a whole host of issues that most people don't want to deal with. But with Dog breeding, at the same time, the inbred are bred out, then back close again to get the red hair trait separated other undesirable traits.

Humans breed a bit more haphazardly than this, so it's a crap shoot as to what additional undesirable traits they may have. But 1 thing that is pretty typical of red-heads (they can have none!) is that red heads do tend to sunburn far more easily--i.e. they're sensitive to sunlight, and it can affect following non-red head generations. My grandma was a red head, and as a result, 2 of her 3 part-Cajun daughters (Cajuns tan, for all their inbreeding) cannot tan without burning constantly. Out of the grandkids, only 1 has sunburning problems, since the sisters were into swarthy men. For people who think about being sun-resistant, when designing their children, they're not going to choose a red head.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
The thing is that red hair is a recessive trait. The issue with 1 recessive trait is that there's likely to be more recessive traits.

To get a red haired dog, I know you have to inbreed a lot, and inbreeding has a whole host of issues that most people don't want to deal with. But with Dog breeding, at the same time, the inbred are bred out, then back close again to get the red hair trait separated other undesirable traits.

Humans breed a bit more haphazardly than this, so it's a crap shoot as to what additional undesirable traits they may have. But 1 thing that is pretty typical of red-heads (they can have none!) is that red heads do tend to sunburn far more easily--i.e. they're sensitive to sunlight, and it can affect following non-red head generations. My grandma was a red head, and as a result, 2 of her 3 part-Cajun daughters (Cajuns tan, for all their inbreeding) cannot tan without burning constantly. Out of the grandkids, only 1 has sunburning problems, since the sisters were into swarthy men. For people who think about being sun-resistant, when designing their children, they're not going to choose a red head.

blonde is recessive as well. I hope you don't breed animals if this post represents your understanding of genetics.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wow, this is ridiculous. I don't need a sperm bank to tell me I'm worthless and nobody wants me. That said, it's not really their fault that no one wants ginger kids. I guess that explains why I can never get a girlfriend.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
blonde is recessive as well. I hope you don't breed animals if this post represents your understanding of genetics.
It was oversimplified. Not all recessive traits are provably inbred traits, for one. Not all inbred traits are bad, for two....*sigh* It still doesn't change the fact that most red heads sunburn like crazy, even in dogs.

Anyway, pros and cons of inbreeding dogs, for a far more in-depth look than what I gave about inbreeding: Dog Breed Info Center

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I remember hearing a few years ago that us redheads could be extinct by 2040. Here is an article about extinction of redheads digitaljournal.com...

The only thing I could do without is the freckles. I hated that way more than the red hair - I actually like the hair.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ha. My hair is 2 shades off black, and I've got more freckles than do either of my brothers, who both have lighter hair. Remember, last Ginger for me was 2 generations ago.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
All the sites I've seen this on have been tabloids. Can someone find a reliable source for this because now that I think about it this is a bit far fetched.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
It was oversimplified. Not all recessive traits are provably inbred traits, for one. Not all inbred traits are bad, for two....*sigh* It still doesn't change the fact that most red heads sunburn like crazy, even in dogs.

Anyway, pros and cons of inbreeding dogs, for a far more in-depth look than what I gave about inbreeding: Dog Breed Info Center

it's not oversimplified, it's ignorant. there are many recessive traits, not all of them are visible. it's funny, if you just substitute blonde for red, all of the comments and qualities apply, except of course the bias and ignorance

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Honestly. Some people.

What's not to like about ginger? I like it very much.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

You must be last ones mother.
I wasn't feeling it

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
You're entitled to your conclusion, especially since I really didn't set this up well, but I'm not that worried about it, and I'm not going to bother to fix it, since that would take nit-picking myself apart. This is one of those things that would take reams of b.s., and I just don't want to do it.

But, that being said:

A lot of red heads lack darker pigmentation due to a mutated gene. The same thing that colors your hair colors your skin, not always at the same rate.

Red hair is commonly caused by a variant form (or mutation) of the Melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1r) gene on chromosome 16. The MC1r gene is involved in telling certain cells to make a dark, or brown-black type of melanin (a pigment producing protein) called eumelanin. The lack of MC1r would result in decreased production of eumelanin. People with a mutation in the MC1r gene, such as redheads, would instead make another type of melanin called pheomelanin. Pheomelanin is a lighter, red-brown pigment that gives hair the red color. Interestingly, about 20% of redheads don't have mutations in the MC1R gene. Other unknown genes must also play roles in producing red hair; studies have yet to determine what else may be involved.

The low concentration of eumelanin also contributes to light skin, which is why red hair and fair skin are commonly seen together. The lower melanin concentration has advantages and disadvantages.
here It goes on to list a couple.

Wiki

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thats very sad, the Scots and the Vikings have great DNA.
And they do have souls!

edit on 19-9-2011 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

The Scots and Irish red hair is all from the same source, the Vikings. The Celtic hair is brown or blonde, and of course blue eyed, and the very dark Irish with dark skin and brown eyes are what we call black Irish and are actually the same as many in South Wales - Iberian descent. The Celts of course originated in Germany and.........round and round it goes!!

I have always found redheads attractive and blondes never really did anything for me. Black or Red.

What amazes me about this thread is that I have managed to get through 63 years on this planet and never realised that there was this antagonism towards redheads.

edit on 19/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's the Illuminati trying to stamp out the Holy Bloodline.

Look at all the Bible Greats who were redheaded:

Adam (adam or edom means "red")

Esau (red and hairy, Jacob was his twin.)

King Saul

King David

Jesus.

They are trying to wipe out the bloodline, and trying to get them not to breed, to go extinct "by 2040"

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
thank God the folks on this thread got it right. ALL these gingers on a previous copied thread were arguing over ginger semen proving their ignorance in reproduction and genetics. i won't go so far as to point out their inferiority. they can't help being born of semen and menstrual fluid while the rest of us are born of egg and sperm. this might explain their color and markings though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join