It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

death dream i have to write about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
hi guys this is my first post and i just had to write it because i've woken up more scared then i ever have been in my whole life.

I've always been the sort of person that doesn't dream very often, mainly due to being a light sleeper and because of that i dont get much REM sleep.

but when i do dream they are usually very vivid and feel amazing, however during the dream state i generally have pretty good control over it and realize its a dream and can steer it in directions i feel.
generally however when i wake up i can feel that i had a good dream, remember bits and pieces but never the whole experience. Sometimes i even get very vivid dejavu but thats only really happened about 6-7 times in my whole life.

last night was different.

i am just going to write what i feel happened and see what others think.

I was surrounded by family, my mother and brothers and my fiance.

for some reason i can't remember any of the surroundings, it was basically like it was just a void.

this brought out alarm bells for me as usually at this point i would realize its a dream and steer it to something i would enjoy.

but this time for whatever reason i thought it was real. so real infact that what happened next didn't even make me think it was a dream.

we seemed to all just be walking around in this void and all of a sudden my youngest brother reached in and pulled something from my mouth.

when his hand came out it was a piece of string.

he kept pulling and pulling and started to run, i was choking and kept running with him. I couldn't talk but all i wanted to do was yell out for him to stop and it would be ok.

it seemed like they were trying to save me thinking that pulling it out would stop me from choking.

they kept pulling and i slowly started to choke to death.

i could hear my mother screaming and crying not to die as i slowly fell to the ground.

as i slowly faded away i could continue to hear my family crying, and my mothers screams yelling that it was unfair and i was to young to die.

at this point i was convinced it was a dream and i was about to wake up.

so as i continued to lie there, choking to death and slowly fading away to death it wasn't until the very last second, AS I PASSED AWAY that i thought "wow this must be real and im about to die"

at this point everything disapeared.

it felt like forever but i woke up as if i had just been underwater holding my breath for 2mins.

i took the biggest gasp of air and sat there panting for air for a good minute or so, scanning the room to get my bearings and see if i had woken up from my dream, or worse, had i really died?

i was sweating, and felt very faint, i think i really must have been holding my breath as i died in my dream.

as i began to relise it really was just a dream it got me even more scared.

never in a dream had i woken up like i was holding my breath, i always thought it was a part of the body that couldn't be affected by dreaming, but if me dreaming made me hold my breath while i was asleep that is very scary.

not only that but i could remember everything.

i still see it now, more vivid then anything i have ever dreamt. everytime i close my eyes i see my mother standing over my dying body crying and screaming her heart out and i dont know what to think.

edit on 17-9-2011 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

It was just a dream, pal...but you have to ask yourself, are you doing anything that may be affecting your mother?
ie, the way you treat her...things you do she may not approve of...becoming less connected with her...etc

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

I could address this on many angles; but, the most important one is the one I'll go with.

Two words: Sleep Apnea

You need to go to a sleep clinic or better yet, start with your family physician.

Sleep apnea causes you to stop breathing while asleep.

It is 'treated' with a CPAP machine or even oxygen tanks if extremely severe.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

yeah it might be something to look at but its never happened to me before. isn't it a bit wierd that it happened when i DIED in a dream?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

No, not really.

Dreams sometimes mimic current physical conditions. Example: I dreampt I was drowning so far undersea that I'd never make it to the surface. I woke up and was wet and chilled, my child had 'wet' the bed.

There's a first time for everything.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

That's pretty common. Usually anytime I have sinus problems, I have dreams like this because I stop breathing for a minute. The dreams can be of drowning, choking, or anything that would cause me to hold my breath.

I really hate the dreams where I am trying to pedal a bike. It never works.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

my 30 year old son in law died while asleep in a chair one night...there may have been something terrible
going on as he was seeing double he said earlier..but would not go to the ER. He had sleep apnea as well.
Some say that is what did it..maybe not but his wife, my daughter would shake him awake when he'd quit
breathing if she caught him in that state.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CN1018

thanks for the replies, im really glad i posted now because it could be a medical problem i should get checked out.

dont want to die in my sleep because i stop breathing because of sleep apnea!

also would make sense that my body makes me dream of dying to try and wake me up so i begin to breath again? its an amazing thing the human mind!

top topics

join