It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game production

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A popular game,that sells millions of copies the first day and a million preorders. How many months ahead do they start producing the game's physical copies. Any game production information would be neat.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
A popular game,that sells millions of copies the first day and a million preorders. How many months ahead do they start producing the game's physical copies. Any game production information would be neat.

CDs can be "pressed" in bulk rather quickly. I think the gold master usually needs to ideally be to the manufacturer at two to three weeks prior to the street date (and that's cutting it close).

The stressful part is getting to gold master ("going gold") and getting first-party certification (having Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo sign off on it) by that time.
edit on 9/17/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Allot depends. The manufacture, the game, the production. Some games get released illegally weeks ahead or even months ahead of scheduled, I am guessing that is because they get shipped to sellers early.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I remember someone asking Cliff Bleszinski on twitter, i cant remember his response im looking for it now.

I think this was over a month ago but he said something like Gears of War 3 was ready to ship or something like that.

new topics

top topics

join