It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help building gameing pc please.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
Lol great a extra £110 on sli graphic cards...what if i got a 21, 22, 23 inch monitor?

Its not a must have, some games like GTA4 you wont be able to play in HD because it takes up allot of video ram. (you will it will just run allot slower.) BF3 could go either way. Large open maps usely take allot of video ram. If you do not want to spend the extra then its ok. Just letting you know, some games you wont be able to play in HD. Keep the monitor you have. Down grading resolution will not help much.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well atm i dont have the monitor its on my to buy list, just had a bonus though my dads just told me he can get me the AMD phenom x6 core processor, 16gig memory, and a good cooler really cheap so saving alot of money and got a bit extra to spend on GPU

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Btw do i have to buy a sound card? speakers are built in the monitor i want but no idea if i need the card

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Btw do i have to buy a sound card? speakers are built in the monitor i want but no idea if i need the card

Your motherboard should have sound built in. I wouldn't worry too much about it, though you might need to buy a audio cable to run from the back of PC to the monitor to get sound out.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Not that true really. Like I said, I have a 560 Ti OC with a 24" HD monitor and run all my games on full settings no problem. SLi is a gimmick that is, to be honest, ultimately useless and a waste of power and resources. All it does is double sales for graphics cards, while introducing problems and consuming much more power, while at the same time not actually doing anything meaningful.

You also don't need a GC with massive amounts of RAM. Mine only has 1GB on it and works fine, whereas my mate at work has a 280GTX with almost 2GB of RAM and it's a bag of arse. The difference is how the GPU handles itself and much less to do with the amount of video RAM. Anything with 1GB or more is fine, providing you get a card with a decent core.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Large open maps don't have to use a lot of memory!

It is all down to the amount of textures and polygons on screen at any one time. You could find that a small map in a room with a lot of textures, lighting, particle and geometry would use far more resources than a map that was 10km2 of open desert.

Stop scaring the guy. If he wants to play BF3 on full settings, all he needs is a 560 upwards for his GC, 4GB of DDR2 RAM and a half decent quad, like the Q6600 or 9400. If he spends more than £700 quid he has been ripped off and I'd actually expect him to spend less than £550, if he isn't needing a monitor. My rig is similiar spec to what I have described and, minus the monitor, cost me around £600 and it will eat BF3 for breakfast.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Large open maps don't have to use a lot of memory!

It is all down to the amount of textures and polygons on screen at any one time. You could find that a small map in a room with a lot of textures, lighting, particle and geometry would use far more resources than a map that was 10km2 of open desert.

Stop scaring the guy. If he wants to play BF3 on full settings, all he needs is a 560 upwards for his GC, 4GB of DDR2 RAM and a half decent quad, like the Q6600 or 9400. If he spends more than £700 quid he has been ripped off and I'd actually expect him to spend less than £550, if he isn't needing a monitor. My rig is similiar spec to what I have described and, minus the monitor, cost me around £600 and it will eat BF3 for breakfast.

Take GTA IV for example all the memory it uses to produce that city.

I love SLI I have been using it for a long while and fell that it has saved me a ton of money. I have 2 GTX 260's and they run like 1 GTX 285, I only spend $150 on bolth cards and have had no long lasting big problems. The only problem i have ever had is when battle field bad company 2 came out it took a while to release drivers for SLI. I used to own a Q6600 and they are good to a point. I traded it for a E8400 and really had the same performance. But he wants a PC that will last him for years so their is no point in getting a outdated CPU when you know more and more games are utilizing CPU power now that we have the 2600k and i7's. As posted before the games recommended requirements are a 560, if you look at bad company 2 the card it recommends 1 260 does not max out the game. He said he was not going to buy the cards together, wait and see if it maxes the game out. Its good to be prepared for SLI because when games get better and better graphics the 560 will not max them out. By the time that happens the 560 TI will be allot cheaper. So instead of buying a new card he can just get another 560. Either way it works out. Like he said, he wants it to last a while.

Your monitor should come with a speaker wire to connect to your motherboard sound. Do not expect the sound to be crystal clear. Little monitor speakers suck.
edit on 27-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well ive just watched a youtube video of someone on the bf3 early beta with a GTX 560TI graphics card and he was on max settings and running between 40 and 50 fps so things dont look 2 good for a single GTX 560 TI to handle the game seen as its not the full game at high settings
just reading reviews on tomshardware about the GTX 560TI and it seems to vary between the company you buy the card from but looks like ill be buying either the GTX 560TI, GTX 570 or GTX 580 if i wait a week or 2 longer so basicaly im screwed ive got no idea wlf to do lol

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Well ive just watched a youtube video of someone on the bf3 early beta with a GTX 560TI graphics card and he was on max settings and running between 40 and 50 fps so things dont look 2 good for a single GTX 560 TI to handle the game seen as its not the full game at high settings
just reading reviews on tomshardware about the GTX 560TI and it seems to vary between the company you buy the card from but looks like ill be buying either the GTX 560TI, GTX 570 or GTX 580 if i wait a week or 2 longer so basicaly im screwed ive got no idea wlf to do lol

40 to 50fps is fine.
What you need to worry about is the MINIMUM frame rate, not the maximum.
Your eyes are only capable of observing 25fps. Anything above that is fine. Anything below that is jerky. If your frame rate consistently drops below 25, you have an issue.

Most gamers would prefer their frame rates to be around 60fps, because that generally indicates you've got plenty of headroom before you drop to noticable jerkiness.

So, with that said...
a 560ti or a radeon HD6950 should do fine... and if you're concerned about frame rates, go another step up... or, better still, get a HD6950 and run a bios flash and overclock so that you've essentially got a HD6970. Either way you'll be okay.

Keep in mind too... someone playing a Beta will have performance issues. Guaranteed. The drivers aren't optimised for betas, the game itself won't be optimised... so it may run okay, but it won't run like it will at release.

So... go for either card, the 560ti or the HD6950, that's my advice. And if you have the cash left over, or if you want more performance down the track, get another and run them in SLI or Crossfire.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
My rig is as follows:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 "Black Edition" @ 3.40Ghz
8.00GB G.Skill "Ripjaws" DDR3 #F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL
Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 Motherboard
2 x MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC
OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (OS)
2 x Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB 10000 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s (Storage)
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RSA00-AMBAJ3-US 1000W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Win 7 Pro X64

Runs everything i throw at it with no problems.

Oh and the BF3 Beta runs smooth @ 60+fps on max settings 1920x1080.
edit on 29-9-2011 by imtheweasel because: Fixed typographical errors.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by imtheweasel
My rig is as follows:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 "Black Edition" @ 3.40Ghz
8.00GB G.Skill "Ripjaws" DDR3 #F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL
Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 Motherboard
2 x MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC
OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (OS)
2 x Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB 10000 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s (Storage)
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RSA00-AMBAJ3-US 1000W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Win 7 Pro X64

Runs everything i throw at it with no problems.

Oh and the BF3 Beta runs smooth @ 60+fps on max settings 1920x1080.
edit on 29-9-2011 by imtheweasel because: Fixed typographical errors.
Very nice howmuch did it all cost you?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You know come to think of it, I would be willing to bet that 2 550 TI's would max out the game no problem. 270 dollars for both cards.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Are you sure? becouse on the beta a guy has 2 GTX 560TI and gets 40-50 fps but thats not even close to full specs of when the game is released...atm im changeing my mind about bf3 with how EA has treated me the past 3 days so think ill be getting rage instead

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Total cost was right under $1000. Got some good deals on it. All was purchased from Newegg.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
ATM mine looks like it will cost me around £800 ish

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Are you sure? becouse on the beta a guy has 2 GTX 560TI and gets 40-50 fps but thats not even close to full specs of when the game is released...atm im changeing my mind about bf3 with how EA has treated me the past 3 days so think ill be getting rage instead

You said he had one 560ti. 40-50 is plenty, you will be able to max out the game with 2 560 with out a doubt. Not to mention drivers and patchs will be released witch will optimize the games performance. 2 560's out performs 1 580. They would not make the game so that it would not be able to be played on a 1 580 max settings. 2 560's will kill the game. No problem. This is why I told you to go to overclock.net. Every one would tell you the same. 1 560 can probably max most of the game out.

Crysis 2 is the best graphic game on the market. You get 85 FPS average with 2 560's. If it can max this game out it will max bf3 out.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
True but to be honest bf3 takes things to a whole new level imagine all the things happening in the map you can see and cant see that need alot of power to run the game looks insane but as i said earlier im not buying it anymore with how EA treat me so ill be buying rage...but still the bf3 beta is amazingly good

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

True but to be honest bf3 takes things to a whole new level imagine all the things happening in the map you can see and cant see that need alot of power to run the game looks insane but as i said earlier im not buying it anymore with how EA treat me so ill be buying rage...but still the bf3 beta is amazingly good

Thats awesome man. I am glad to see that you have some moral grounds. Most gamers would buy it any ways. I use to play allot of COD4 but would not buy cod MW2 or any other COD game because in MW2 they #ed the PC gamers over by not using dedicated servers. Now you can play it for free using ALTERIW.net (for more info shoot me a message)

EA in general is a bad company. No doubt that they have some kind of masonic influence. They do produce some of the best graphic games out but its not worth giving your money to a corrupt company. If you do end up getting the game try and get it used so you are not supporting them. They use a password and email setup so make sure to get that from the person you buy it from. (if you buy it used) Hear is a example of what one 560 TI can do. 40FPS average not bad at all, defiantly playable. Most Xbox games are capped at 30FPS.

www.youtube.com...

By the way what did EA do to you?
edit on 1-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
All true but i wont get it unless its free from them for treating me like a peice of S**t, well when the premotion for medal of honor tier 1 came along with a free beta code i bought it for ps3 for £39.98 and then i sold my ps3 becouse i was sick of it breaking and bought a xbox 360 and my gf bought me the game again in tier 1 the limited edition that should have the beta code...so on the 27th i waited the 4 hour time frame for the emails to be sent out to the people who did buy the game for the bf3 early beta pass but it didnt come so i went on customer support and had to wait 10 hours alltogether to try and get some help, i talked to 3 people all completely useless that just told me the email would come but then 1 gave me a code...13 digits 2 small for xbox live so i had to wait on customer support again in total of 10 hours and another 3 hours waiting for a supervisor and in the end i was basicaly told to go F myself...so in the end i have wasted £80 and was treat like scum from a company i admired and now im not buying any of there games

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join