It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you 'knew'?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I didn't want to delve deeper into this topic but...i will give in.

Sacrificing one life for 100s of lives sounds more like a religious concept that justifies taking a life against its own will. Especially sacrificing a life based on dreams and visions. Its almost biblical.

It is true that death is part of life but shouldn't every life deserve the chance to live to its fullness regardless how evil it may seem to us. Evil and good exist eternally because they are point of views. What you perceive as evil maybe perceived as good by someone else.

A responsible person with a track record would go to law enforcement or CDC and ask them to develop a vaccine for some strain of virus...etc etc.

Death is never a choice and should never be embraced as one to end a life.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Then why not ask when do you believe it's acceptable to murder? See how much more easier it is to answer that question?

Actually, I found it much easier to answer OP's question than the generic question of when is murder acceptable because each situation is different and there is no answer for every situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You are missing the point here.

The title of this thread is "What would you do if you 'knew'?" Then it mentions Hitler and then goes on into the premonitions and dreams. OP then mentions the horror of this person's actions. Next we have the I know where he is bit and finally we are asked what would we do inthis situation.

I don't believe the original intent here was to question when it is acceptable to murder. Again, I see OP asking about a specific situation.

link   

Originally posted by Boniouk06
I would do nothing and let the future pan out as it was always intended to.

Ah, but is it "meant to be" if someone else is given the ability to stop it? Does this mean that we shouldn't stop anything wrong we see happening?

link   
If this "chosen" one was shown the future with a prodding to change it, it tells me that whoever is showing this chosen person the future does not want the scenario to unfold (killing billions with virus). If this 21st century holocaust were meant to happen, why show anybody anything and just let it happen. Why would this person be given a choice to change the future if that future were meant to be?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You are missing the point here.

The title of this thread is "What would you do if you 'knew'?" Then it mentions Hitler and then goes on into the premonitions and dreams. OP then mentions the horror of this person's actions. Next we have the I know where he is bit and finally we are asked what would we do inthis situation.

I don't believe the original intent here was to question when it is acceptable to murder. Again, I see OP asking about a specific situation.

I'm right there with you. The situation outlined in his OP. Given those facts, is it even ok to discuss? You are saying no it's not ok to even discuss it. I am saying yes it is. Did I capture your thinking correctly?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Because it may be that particular souls life lesson to try to stop it.

Successful or not.

What would Buddha do?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
If this "chosen" one was shown the future with a prodding to change it, it tells me that whoever is showing this chosen person the future does not want the scenario to unfold (killing billions with virus). If this 21st century holocaust were meant to happen, why show anybody anything and just let it happen. Why would this person be given a choice to change the future if that future were meant to be?

Exactly my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by megabogie

Because it may be that particular souls life lesson to try to stop it.

Successful or not.

What would Buddha do?

The real question is do 2 evils make a right?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yes.. No...

I'm not saying it's taboo to discuss it at all. If I felt that way I wouldn't be in this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

In my estimation, 'evil' is so subjective as to be moot.

Experience is all that counts, and 'evil' allows us to know ourselves far better than 'good' could do alone.

'Evil', and our personal response to it, is part of how we begin to know ourselves.

In the grand scheme of the universe, that is much more important than whether we all live to die of heart failure at 110.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
I enjoyed reading the hypothetical, and I have my answer. Nothing elaborate, although I assume there would need to be a plan to get to him beforehand. Simply put, I'd do everything in my power to end his life. Some people will make up some bollocks about it not being your place to take another life regardless of the circumstance; but I don't think so. People are murdered every day over trivial matters, many more because of wars that our leaders perpetuate.

No questions asked, this man dies.

And what if it turns out that all your dreams were just that? Dreams without any meaning other than what your own mind applies to them. Then what? This man is dead without benifit of trial or jury just because someone had a feeling about them. I thought this was the kind of world we were all trying to change.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

I enjoyed reading the hypothetical, and I have my answer. Nothing elaborate, although I assume there would need to be a plan to get to him beforehand. Simply put, I'd do everything in my power to end his life. Some people will make up some bollocks about it not being your place to take another life regardless of the circumstance; but I don't think so. People are murdered every day over trivial matters, many more because of wars that our leaders perpetuate.

And what if it turns out that all your dreams were just that? Dreams without any meaning other than what your own mind applies to them. Then what? This man is dead without benifit of trial or jury just because someone had a feeling about them. I thought this was the kind of world we were all trying to change.

People can only act on their perception of certainty. OP stated that the man in his scenario is absolutely, without a doubt, certain. For that man, there is no choice to be had here.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by LiveEquation

In my estimation, 'evil' is so subjective as to be moot.

Experience is all that counts, and 'evil' allows us to know ourselves far better than 'good' could do alone.

'Evil', and our personal response to it, is part of how we begin to know ourselves.

In the grand scheme of the universe, that is much more important than whether we all live to die of heart failure at 110.

I think experience is not all that counts since experiences are not 'truth' but are subjective too.

How many different religions and philosophies do we have today? It is for this reason that the OP asked for some help in resolving some personal matters which i hope will not materialize

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by karen61057

People can only act on their perception of certainty. OP stated that the man in his scenario is absolutely, without a doubt, certain. For that man, there is no choice to be had here.

But he is acting on dreams and premonitions. I guess I'm playing devil advocate here in a sense because I do believe in dreams and premonitions to an extent.

The question should be WHY these things are being shown to OP (or whomever)? That person should also take into account their spiritual beliefs, mental health, intelligence, lucidity, integrity... Maybe the man is real but the things in the dreams are symbolic.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

In time, you realize but are unwilling to accept that these experiences are actually future events.....

... You know everything, from beginning to end, you also know where he is and will be for the next 72 hours, and you know there is only ONE way to prevent this, and it doesn't end well for either him, or for you. And it must happen within the next 72 hours.....

edit on 17-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: sp

Now..i suggest you ,, and btw, there are different time-lines for each and/in all when talking about the future and experiences
please, watch this video in relation to < time > to help you de-fine ... as we know... time is in relation to space and space is looked upon too trough geometry... by very ego of each of us...so try to see from 47.00 min to 50th min and to 'understand it' better look at 21.21 min tru 37.37 or better watch the whole lecture of those theories presented here

www.youtube.com...
ps. if its for nothing else, at least its a good video of math-lecture there
that much about flying tru
edit on 18-9-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

But how could the soul learn a lesson if they chose not to follow the prompt? All the other things they were shown they interfered and accomplished a positive result.

Buddha? Good question that I can not answer.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
I think experience is not all that counts since experiences are not 'truth' but are subjective too.

Truth is not what counts to an individual because truth is shaped by belief. Belief is gained from experience. So I disagree with you, experience is what counts and I absolutely love jimnuggits’ quote:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Woah, there bug a boo, you are interpreting this to be a nonfictional event. I do not think the OP was asking for advice on an actual situation. This is a brain teaser or moral excersise only. (I sure hope so anyway).

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

But he is acting on dreams and premonitions. I guess I'm playing devil advocate here in a sense because I do believe in dreams and premonitions to an extent.

The question should be WHY these things are being shown to OP (or whomever)? That person should also take into account their spiritual beliefs, mental health, intelligence, lucidity, integrity... Maybe the man is real but the things in the dreams are symbolic.

The OP stated that all these things had been taken into account. I really do think that the input source is your problem with all of this (sorry for putting words in your mouth, please correct me if wrong). What source would you consider factual enough to allow you to do it?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join