It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you 'knew'?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Right there are no super cures and there are no EMP bombs in my pocket.

And there is no rapist in my house, and there is no guy spreading the ultimate killer disease...

The point of this was what again? To see how many people will say "Kill em kill em!" ?

Yeah well, good game.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

This individual has no conscience, no empathy, he will not be moved.. But you could always try.

Would you try?

And if you were not successful would you consider the only option then to be killing him?

Sounds like this theoretical person is a theoretical socio/psycopath/*insert label here*, and is in the small minority. Does that mean they should die? If so, should it only be as a result of the situation outlined in your OP? Who makes that choice?

I know this has again brought us around to square one, but options and clarity are being explored in the process.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouldilocks

This individual has no conscience, no empathy, he will not be moved.. But you could always try.

Would you try?

Absolutely, if I thought that there was some way it could prevent this... When in this case it would destroy the only opportunity you have.

We are back to the only two choices here... Kill him, or not?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by Raelsatu

And there is no rapist in my house, and there is no guy spreading the ultimate killer disease...

Really? These "hypotheticals" are actually reality. Right now there are other versions of you throughout the globe that are under attack by rapist and murderers. Other versions of you who have to make the choice of whether to take another mans life or have theirs ended along with their loved ones. But no it's all hypothetical fantasy so long as it doesn't happen to you...

This is a morality/emotional question and response that an unavoidable end result unless you take action. Not by countering the conspirators incoming nuclear warheads with a hypothetical force field that you invented on the fly to protect the city. Your family is going to die, and millions of other families unless you man up and put an end to the madness. You CAN'T fight this with a little push and shove, kisses and hugs; or civility.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You have 55 hours 30 minutes remaining here.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It has been asked before, in various ways...

If you had advance absolute knowledge before Hitler rose to power, would you have killed him?

Don't answer that yet.

For an example... Lets say you've been having out of body experiences for quite some time now, a period of about 18 months... They begin like dreams, or nightmares and can happen any time, awake, or asleep. Though these experiences are far too real to be a dream, or nightmare.. You are literally there, you know where you are and what is going on, names, faces, details and all of your senses are working, usually these very real experiences have a tragic yet seemingly preventable ending, of which you are painfully aware of, and when back to wherever you were, or whatever you were doing, you cannot escape that particular feeling.

In time, you realize but are unwilling to accept that these experiences are actually future events, things that have NOT happened, and after testing this to prove it several times are convinced it is all very real. In one case you were able to prevent a tragic accident, and another afterward which actually got attention in the MSM, later you helped locate a missing child, and capture the kidnapper, in another case you led authorities to to body of a long missing woman, and to her murderer preventing more killings.

Now, you are wondering "why me" ... I never wanted to believe in stuff like this... Is it a gift or a curse? I have no control over it, so who or what does? How can I make it stop? Why do I feel obligated to intervene in every case now?... Am I crazy? There are a million questions and no answers... You don't tell anyone, and cling to your anonymity through all of it. Maybe it will just end, and you can forget about it....

Now, in your most recent experience, the longest, most intense yet, you are taken through years of the life of a man who will certainly, absolutely commit the largest mass-murder ever. A man who is as evil as good, and will rise to a position in his life where he is in absolute control over the knowledge and tools needed to carry out his plan. He intends to create the perfect biological weapon, a virus that can kill hundreds of millions in mere months and he plans to release it upon humanity, and watch as it spreads while keeping himself and a few associates safe from it... He will also test it over time on human subjects he abducts, his work will take 7 years to complete.... You know everything, from beginning to end, you also know where he is and will be for the next 72 hours, and you know there is only ONE way to prevent this, and it doesn't end well for either him, or for you. And it must happen within the next 72 hours. You have to kill him.

Your experience only provides one solution that will end this before it begins, but is that one solution really the only one that could work?

72 hours, what would you do if YOU knew?

edit on 17-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: sp

I'd need to know more about these instances where you claim that you actually prevented tragic events from happening, or located perpetrators of a crime. So you have unassailable proof that you are, for lack of a better term, a psychic. Do you know if your gift has no restriction? Can you be absolutely 100% certain that your interpretations of future events will not fail? It's up to you as to how to go forward, if so.
I really think that you are asking this question to provide an answer about you own concerns, and not for anyone else. Proceed as you see fit in a way that will intervene for the public good, then. And best wishes to you.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

not true my friend... as sunshinekid pointed out there are many other choices that you could make!

and as i said for an example: just use your psychic abilities to 'sabotage' his brain and mind to the point that he will change his mind and instead of him using weapons of mass destruction he would make and use 'weapons of mass construction' i.e. bombs which instead of using nuclear destructive power or toxic gasses etc. when detonated in the sky would rain down to earth crayola crayons and coloring chalks for all the people to start coloring the streets, sidewalks and coloring books!

what do you think about this idea???

thank you.
edit on 17-9-2011 by EmilNomel because: fixed bad spellings and grammar

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera

I'd need to know more about these instances where you claim that you actually prevented tragic events from happening, or located perpetrators of a crime.

Note, I said YOU did all of that in this context, and it is you who must choose.

If you need more clues, read all of my posts in this thread.

This isn't about me.. It is about a choice, and options, dilemmas and whatever else people come up with here.

I'm just observing and trying to figure out what to do here, or NOT, with the rest of you.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

55 hours remaining for? Are you expecting a detailed step-by-step of our plan to take out the hypothetical mass murderer?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Your experience only provides one solution that will end this before it begins, but is that one solution really the only one that could work?

72 hours, what would you do if YOU knew?

I'll definitely wait for a different chance and/or think for another solution.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel
just use your psychic abilities to 'sabotage'

I have no psychic abilities... Read all of my posts here, there are only two options here, so far nothing has changed that.

So what would YOU do?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I do not know if you are serious or not about what you type. Obviously I understand the hypothetical part about Hitler which is fictional.

All this aside and getting to the meat of what you are talking about.

I would tell people about the future, because when you tell them about the future you see, it will never happen because the act of telling people cancels it out as this was not part of the future you saw.

Keeping it to yourself is risky when it comes to things like this.

I hope that makes sense to you, if not, disregard what I say. If it does make sense then, nice to meet you too!

I hope you understand what I am trying to explain to you.

edit on 17-9-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

In time, you realize but are unwilling to accept that these experiences are actually future events, things that have NOT happened, and after testing this to prove it several times are convinced it is all very real. In one case you were able to prevent a tragic accident, and another afterward which actually got attention in the MSM, later you helped locate a missing child, and capture the kidnapper, in another case you led authorities to to body of a long missing woman, and to her murderer preventing more killings.

Based on that part of your opening post I would assume are the kind of person who would risk their own life/safety for others. Even one other. Based on the premise that the MSM covered something with which you were successfully involved, I would guess that somebody else, at least one person (reporter/victim/authority/murderer etc) knows that your foresight is 'real'. It's on record. And I'd go as far as to say that this means it can shown to be true, if challenged.

Therefore, based on your own sense of right/wrong and good/bad, the 'facts' that support foresight and the dilemma faced...could you not alert one of the other people that know? And kickstart a process to prevent the atrocity by means of cooperation of several people/groups which takes the onus off you alone?

It's not a black and white scenario. Huge grey area.

My conclusion based on the defining points of the theoretical situation in your own posts thus far is that you would/will kill him.

The theoretical you, that is. Not you.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Mouldilocks because: clariteeee

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

55 hours remaining for? Are you expecting a detailed step-by-step of our plan to take out the hypothetical mass murderer?

Sure... what would your plan be?

He is in a secure facility, you can gain access this one and only time, as he is speaking to the public at a 3 day seminar.... You have only one shot. After he boards his flight, that opportunity will be gone for good, nothing you can do, no matter what you try after that will prevent him from carrying out his plan.

Or do you just go home, and let whatever happens happen?

Try to convince yourself that it was meant to be, despite the fact that YOU 'knew'?

edit on 17-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Very interesting, I do find that to be true in some sense. You should spread the prophecy in any way possible, preferably viral internet video; although it's risky that in and of itself may alter the course of events. And even if your prophecy came true, you'd be hailed as some sort of new-age prophet and everyone would inquire about how you knew. That, or some would consider you a co-conspirator because they reject the notion of precognition or other metaphysical aspects.

I would also like to note, that there's a difference between knowing the FUTURE and changing it, as opposed to knowing the past and going back to change it. The latter is completely theoretical in regard to what would happen as result of your interfering with the stream of time. I don't find it's the same in this case.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I would tell people about the future, because when you tell them about the future you see, it will never happen because the act of telling people cancels it out as this was not part of the future you saw.

Ah, but what if you already knew the outcome of attempting to do that, and that it would be completely futile, as it would not prevent anything?

So far you've done a good job maintaining your anonymity, change that in any way by 'predicting' something like this is absolutely as doomed to fail as simply doing nothing about any of it.

So really, where we are headed here is toward the do nothing option, and try everything that you already know will fail, all while the only opportunity you know you have passes?

Are we all good with that?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

as far as hypothetical situations go there are more of them then there are grains of sand on the earth or stars in the universe, speculating over hypothetical questions is about as pointless as trying to clean the earth by scrubbing each grain of sand one at a time,

the only thing that ever makes such things worthy of your time is either to refine your own morals

or a well known strong potential that the hypothetical question of focus is very likely real

does this hypothetical question you are posing to us have potential to be real? what do you have to verify that? a personal experience of your own would even be enough to deem it worthy of attention imo,

however you have not even so much as indicated that,

so op my question is, what makes this hypothetical question of yours worthy of focus? do you honestly have a personal experience indicating potential towards this question you've posed?

or is this entire thread solely for the purpose of refining and analyzing individuals morals?

if you DO have a personal experience which makes this question relevant to you, then a simply reply of "yes" will satisfy me to entertain the question with a response,

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel
just use your psychic abilities to 'sabotage'

I have no psychic abilities... Read all of my posts here, there are only two options here, so far nothing has changed that.

So what would YOU do?

how do you know what he will do without the "psychic ability" or "astral projection" or whatever supernatural ability you said you had in the 1st place to know the things you know?

okay, fine then! if you have "no psychic ability" as you are trying to point out now... then you still have at least 24 hours (even more) to go out and get it! so, i suggest you use your "astral projection" or whatever ability you said you had in the 1st place! use that ability in the next 24 hours or so and go to the source of your 1st ability to learn whatever other kind of supernatural ability you need in order to change his mind in the way you want so that in the end he would 'bomb' the world with crayola crayons instead of mass destruction weapons

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by XXXN3O

Very interesting, I do find that to be true in some sense. You should spread the prophecy in any way possible, preferably viral internet video; although it's risky that in and of itself may alter the course of events. And even if your prophecy came true, you'd be hailed as some sort of new-age prophet and everyone would inquire about how you knew. That, or some would consider you a co-conspirator because they reject the notion of precognition or other metaphysical aspects.

I would also like to note, that there's a difference between knowing the FUTURE and changing it, as opposed to knowing the past and going back to change it. The latter is completely theoretical in regard to what would happen as result of your interfering with the stream of time. I don't find it's the same in this case.

Imagine this scenario in your mind.

You are sitting at home on your sofa watching television.

You are in a daydream state when you see yourself getting up off the sofa, going to the fridge, eating something and realise the milk had gone stale. You check the sell by date and it has gone off. You run down to the local store in the car and buy one fresh milk carton. You jump back into your car and head off back home. You reach your house and proceed into the kitchen, put the milk carton onto the shelve.

Boom, you look at the milk carton, it is past its used by date, you smell it and it is stale, but wait a minute, you just bought it?

You see this happening in the future....

You run down to the local store in the car and buy one fresh milk carton. You jump back into your car and head off back home. You reach your house and proceed into the kitchen, put the milk carton onto the shelve.

Really think about if this happened to you...

you say to your wife or anyone else in your house, "I just saw myself buying a new bottle of milk and then coming back here with it" they say "Do not talk a lot of nonsense" so you decide to go along with it and finally you go through the whole thing all over again, it feels just as real yet nothing else happens of interest.

This is really hard to explain, im just trying to show an understanding.

It is not an easy thing to explain, I might be far of track from the OP but I see what they are saying is all.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

So he's speaking to the public by day, and at all other times located in this secure facility that you've managed to gain access to.

How and why you've gained access is one of the key factors. For example if you become the cook/food delivery, the most practical method would be poison. And not just any typical rat poison, I'm talking nerve agent or something with an extremely low LD50. The only problem here is that the cause of death could be easily traceable back to you and then the government+ psychopathic peers would be after you. In this case, it's safe to say you're sacrificing your life (for the greater good)

Poison would still be good if you could somehow slip it onto the meal before served.This way the cook is most highly suspect.

-------------

The brute force method would be to smuggle in concealable explosives and plant them at key points. bedroom would be good but chances are there is tighter security there. Best bet would be to place one small explosive in each stall of the bathroom; and a tiny camera to observe when he has to use the lavatory. Via remote detonation, press the button, and it's over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join