It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you 'knew'?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I change my mind, I'll neutralize the threat and everything will be okay. It's faster this way, no need to wait 72 hours or so.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Choose your words carefully from this point on through the expiration of the 72 hour window of opportunity. If you choose to participate in this thread. Read the thread... The whole thread before posting, if you want your outcome to be considered.. If you haven't read it, it will be obvious.

You have until 5:59 AM Eastern time tomorrow.

What will you do now that you 'know'?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

But we DON'T know.

At least I don't consider myself to be person who 'knows' that there are only two outcomes, kill the person or they kill lots of people.

Remember that we aren't the ones with the visions / precognition and even if we were, we may not draw the conclusion that this would be a real thing we were seeing, or that it couldn't be prevented another way.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasteel

Okay then, based on what you've just posted, and the contents of this thread, what is going to be your course of action between now and 5:59 AM ET tomorrow?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Vasteel

Okay then, based on what you've just posted, and the contents of this thread, what is going to be your course of action between now and 5:59 AM ET tomorrow?

That will be 9AM here I think, it's 22:20 ish now so my actions will be largely things like talking to the people I live with, bit of internet, sleep, things like that.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasteel

reply to post by Vasteel

That will be 9AM here I think, it's 22:20 ish now so my actions will be largely things like talking to the people I live with, bit of internet, sleep, things like that.

Excellent, and please have a wonderful day.

Thank you for participating.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

But we DON'T know.

At least I don't consider myself to be person who 'knows' that there are only two outcomes, kill the person or they kill lots of people.

Remember that we aren't the ones with the visions / precognition and even if we were, we may not draw the conclusion that this would be a real thing we were seeing, or that it couldn't be prevented another way.

Exactly, this is the same as my first post. But, then I change my mind, it's much more practical if the threat is simply neutralized. And as far as I'm concerned I don't even have anything to do about it, since the interference is minimal and within my domain.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Can you in complete honestly explain how and why you changed your mind?

Please, be as completely open as possible.

What motivated your change of position, and why?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Here is how I see this.

Either you act, or you don't.

If you do not, then nothing changes, life continues on towards the eventual oblivion for billions.

If you do act, then you have actively decided to take a part in changing the outcome of your future. Taking control of your future is the one thing that any of us can do to better ourselves and our world.

I personally would act, and if that involved the taking of a life of someone who I was SURE was evil and capable of doing great damage to humanity, then so be it. On my hands be the blood, but of one, not many. Who knows, maybe someone will come along that is worse than the person that you have just eliminated, but you don't KNOW that they will be! You DO know that the person you eliminated was evil.

Straightforward choice to me.

Nice mind excercise, thank you.

Danno

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

What this guy said. Same thing and some more.

Originally posted by MoparDanno

Here is how I see this.

Either you act, or you don't.

If you do not, then nothing changes, life continues on towards the eventual oblivion for billions.

If you do act, then you have actively decided to take a part in changing the outcome of your future. Taking control of your future is the one thing that any of us can do to better ourselves and our world.

Rather than to wait, I see opportunity, so I take it, make some things certain, change the course of history. I have my way on doing things so it'll turn out okay. But it takes gut to do it. Do you have it?

ps: this post is for the op not for the quoted member

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Some things are intentionally beyond our control.. Influence is all we have, and that is what you have accomplished here, ultimately.

And to be more specific the flight departs at exactly 5:59 Eastern time... U.S.

What happens between now and then has always been up to YOU.

All of you.

Ok, you’re starting to freak me out now.

My original comment still stands: www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, what you may have neglected to notice is that inherent in my response is this man’s sole personal responsibility for determining just how certain he is of both the danger present and the solution’s effectiveness to mitigate the danger. I do know that we do have influence over other people but how those people respond to influence is solely up to them. I do also know that it is wise when counseling someone that you do not take responsibility and ultimately accountability away from them by telling them what to do.

So, I disagree that what happens between now and then is up to US. It is firmly and totally up to the person to make the choice – and ultimately take responsibility for it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

So, I disagree that what happens between now and then is up to US. It is firmly and totally up to the person to make the choice – and ultimately take responsibility for it.

"The person" was always you, the reader and participant, so it was always up to YOU. All of you.

Did you really expect one person to have to make such a choice alone?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Of course I do/did... it was always a personal choice.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Of course I do/did... it was always a personal choice.

Of course it was, as much personal choice, as collective.

Of course there is still time left....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoparDanno

Nice mind excercise, thank you.

Danno

You're welcome, hopefully the construct was sufficient in projecting just enough of the story so that the reader was able to fill it all in personally when developing their responses, and have brought forward a genuine singular choice.

We're not completely done yet, there is still time for more...

Thank you for the response.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I would be there at that one place in time I knew I could stop him. Could have things set up to stop him along his way before he got to me?
edit on 19-9-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Excellent, and please have a wonderful day.
Thank you for participating.

Thanks you too.

Ultimately yes one will have to make the choice, if I ask 100 people "Should I do A or B?" and say 25 reply A and the other 75 reply B, I still have to choose. Even if I have already pre-decided to go with whatever the majority is, when that is revealed to be choice B, I still at that point consiously choose to go with B don't I?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ultimately yes one will have to make the choice,

Never underestimate the power of a "collective consciousness" ... Whether just reading, or participating here, or both.

Ultimately one person alone could have made a choice here, fortunately that one person does not have to, alone.

Theoretically speaking, of course.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Never underestimate the power of a "collective consciousness" ... Whether just reading, or participating here, or both.

Ultimately one person alone could have made a choice here, fortunately that one person does not have to, alone.

Theoretically speaking, of course.

We are always alone... never are we truly "together" with another. That is the condition called "Being Human"

Danno

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MoparDanno

You are wrong, we are bound together in more ways than you could possibly imagine.

No one is ever truly alone, unless they have chosen to be.

Some people have already participated in this, just by following the thread and asking internal questions of themselves, what to believe, is it real, "I think I would kill him" ... etc.

Some are more analytical, and have focused on me, and have drawn an opinion on my state of mind.

There are even a few who are searching for clues, checking flight departures for tomorrow morning.. among other things.

They know who they are!

Just calculated guesses on my part, of course.

Carry on.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join