It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you 'knew'?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
No, because everyone has their OWN PATH in life, which no one should interfere/murder. noone has a right to murder anyone unless in rare circumstances of self defense. What Hitler did will remain forever as a heavy weight in his soul, if it was not destroyed by God, which is also likely.

You are justifying it as to "save others", but even his soul may have changed its path towards something good. Possibilities are endless, but if you have tried to harm that soul, it would be on your conscience.

We all have to live our lives, but not interfere in other's lives and their right to experience life. Hence, I am against ANY military conflict, whatever your governments tell you- it's their own agenda. No one has a right to harm any other living being, including animals.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facadeid show prooof then steal the formula and use it on thier family in front of them ,just bein hypothetical , their ego probably wouldnt faze them watchin thier own family dying they would enjoy knowing their formula works so they would continue unless u burn every part of it , then all that happens is someone else comes along with the same ego that is history ,u can only delay the inevitable ... sad but true

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Sure... what would your plan be?

He is in a secure facility, you can gain access this one and only time, as he is speaking to the public at a 3 day seminar.... You have only one shot. After he boards his flight, that opportunity will be gone for good, nothing you can do, no matter what you try after that will prevent him from carrying out his plan.

Or do you just go home, and let whatever happens happen?

Try to convince yourself that it was meant to be, despite the fact that YOU 'knew'?

edit on 17-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

If i have one shot to get close...I'll go for it. No matter what outcome.
Anything that is manufactured as such, especially ideoligys, isnt "meant to be".
So really there is no guilt involved if i take action.
It is just an idea. Just like killing this Target, it isnt destiny for you to kill him. It is a choice...If this person can choose to take Billions of lives...I have no problem taking one.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Why kill hitler when joseph stalin was most evil man in history?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

If you have helped the police save an innocent person and helped solve a case contact the detective that handled your case. Let him/her know everything you know. Including the things this person will do, which you say such a person has access to biological material, and if you saw something else, anything, like something decisive that will happen in the near future before this event, as you supposedly followed this person, tell the detective, and everyone you know in that police station. You should have seen this person do, or see something on tv, or a newspaper that will corroborate your story.

There is always a third door.
edit on 19-9-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

72 hours, what would you do if YOU knew?

If you are convinced of the truth of this "vision" and assuming that you would be one of the millions that were killed by this man's virus then killing him wouldn't be murder - it would be justifiable self-defense.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This thread was quite an "experience" as it is and was!

Very intriguing, enlightening and in it's own right has done a great deal to accomplish a personal objective.

Perhaps the best vehicle ever, to look inside the souls of yourself, and others, by taking them with you to a place no one would otherwise willingly go.

Was it real? "Is this hypothetical?" someone asked.... Ultimately that is up to YOU to decide, after all this was all about decisions and choices.. Right?

For all YOU know now, in this case, this thread, and your participation in it, was a part of the plan to alter the course of an event.

Did you succeed?

Again, thank you all.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So are you going to leave it at that? No results, no consensus? Yes most of us that participated have read the thread but it is your socially mental experiment, and you have stated that apparently the consensus is not to act but did you hash it out? ie: how many for and how many against acting? It was a poll, in essence, is it not?

Also You still have not given YOUR decision. Those of us that have answered early in the thread did not have a consensus to effect our opinion, only our own thoughts. Those of us that answered later had others opinions to weigh against each other, which possibly could have effected the outcome due to the "Mob mentality syndrome"(not saying that all or any were effected, but the possibility of a tainted experiment exists on this premiss). I for one would like to know your opinion. You stated multiple times that this is about us not you but in my opinion that is passing the responsibility of making a decision to others without making it yourself. Please give your honest opinion, forgoing the consensus here.

Thanks for the thread and making me think of my personal idea of what is more important ie: the few versus the many, as it has also made me evaluate my moral beliefs vrs. my logical beliefs.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The answer for me is no, I wouldn't kill him. A) I don't have the money to hop on a plane to get to Hitler or whoever this person might be. B) Never fired a gun so most likely aim would be lousy. C) Even if I could go to wherever this person was the odds of me getting close to them if he/she is a powerful person is probably nil. D) No matter how many times I'd been accurate in the past with my visions..no one is 100% accurate and I could be taking a innocent life. E) Until I can create a spirit, I ain't taking one regardless if they are bad. And finally I would watch as this thing unfolds and search out proper authorites to give my information to that could actually do something about it. Those are just off the top of my head.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Nothng. I am not given the ability to kill 3d. His soul is something else.

be well

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

So are you going to leave it at that?

This thread is still open... Has the 72 hours passed completely yet?

No results, no consensus? Yes most of us that participated have read the thread but it is your socially mental experiment, and you have stated that apparently the consensus is not to act but did you hash it out? ie: how many for and how many against acting? It was a poll, in essence, is it not?

There is no collected data to elaborate on, it was not a lab experiment, with controls and conclusive results to offer you.. What you take from this, is yours and yours alone.... I have maintained that this was never about me, in any way shape or form. I made no judgement, nor decision, nor choice.

Also You still have not given YOUR decision.

You stated multiple times that this is about us not you but in my opinion that is passing the responsibility of making a decision to others without making it yourself. Please give your honest opinion, forgoing the consensus here.

No I stated that this was not about me.... My honest opinion?

What's done is done.... The decision was never mine to make, that was the first absolute here from the beginning.

Thanks for the thread and making me think of my personal idea of what is more important ie: the few versus the many, as it has also made me evaluate my moral beliefs vrs. my logical beliefs.

Well done, and you are welcome.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: fix quote

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Originally posted by Agarta

This thread is still open... Has the 72 hours passed completely yet?

My apologies, It seemed as though you were closing the thread with your previous post. There is still another day+ of the original 72 hours.

There is no collected data to elaborate on, it was not a lab experiment, with controls and conclusive results to offer you.. What you take from this, is yours and yours alone.... I have maintained that this was never about me, in any way shape or form. I made no judgement, nor decision, nor choice.

I beg to differ as we were given an either/or choice, therefore there are only two categories ie; for and against therefore there is specific data to be collected, But as you pointed out the 72 hours is not to its end

No I stated that this was not about me.... My honest opinion?

What's done is done.... The decision was never mine to make, that was the first absolute here from the beginning.

Absolute or not it is my opinion that when asking someone to divulge something, ie; beliefs/morals, of themselves to you and everyone else, albeit by our choice in replying, you should be willing to do the same. It is understood that it is not about you as you stated this a few times, but that has nothing to do with your opinion ie answer as, 'not about me' can be taken as you are not in this position and you never stated that it is not about your opinion nor did you ever state you would not give one. Also might I point out that you said, in the quote above, this was not a lab experiment, which relieves you of remaining non biased.

Well done, and you are welcome.

Edit to say: There is no anger or disrespect intended toward you within this reply nor is it my intention to argue.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

There are no formulas or methods to calculate the collective influence that took place here.

There is much less of the original 72 hour period left than you assume, if you read through the thread and find one of my posts where I give how much time there is remaining, and you look at the time stamp on that post, and do some very simple math on your fingers, you'll know exactly how much time is left.

Until after that time has passed, I'll withhold my personal decision/choice... Even though it is irrelevant, and unnecessary.. You'll have it... Then.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Based on your own comments and as per the points outlined by Agarta above, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion, just as a member contributing to the process/discussion/dilemma rather than the 'overseer', if you will.

I'd also like to thank you again, Fractured, and to congratulate you on such a successful idea for a thread. There is still time left to contribute, and I hope many more members do.

This thread gives the reader a fascinating insight into the thought processes, morals, beliefs - and the reasoning for them all - to a huge variety of people

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on 17-9-2011 @ 06:55 PM
This time stamp is from you original post.

posted on 19-9-2011 @ 12:44 PM
This is the time stamp from the post this reply is to.

6:55pm 17/9 - 6:55pm 18/9 = 24hrs
6:55pm 18/9 - 12:44pm 19/9 = 17hrs 49min
24 + 17:49 = 41hrs 49 mins
72hrs - 41hrs 49mins = 30hrs 11mins
30hrs 11mins = a day +

This is how I came to my conclusion of time left. Am I to assume that either: time started prior to you giving us the scenario or the time allotted is not real time?

Again, I mean no disrespect nor arguments toward/with you. Maybe I am looking at all this too logical.

Edit to say: Thank you for offering your answer to this scenario, when ever if fine.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

This should make it easier...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That post and the time stamp on it will help you nail it down... And no, the 72 hour period did not start with the OP.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: fix link

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

So, if someone hasn't acted upon this hypothetical situation by 6 a.m. EDT tomorrow (Sep 20th), then millions will suffer because of it?

I hope whoever had the power used it wisely, otherwise I will keep this thread in the back of my mind for years to come. If the visions come to pass as truth, then we would now have two guilty parties instead of just one. Failure to act to prevent the harm of my loved ones will carry the same penalty as actually harming them one's self.

Depraved Indifference

To constitute depraved indifference, the defendant's conduct must be 'so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so lacking in regard for the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy as to warrant the same criminal liability as that which the law imposes upon a person who intentionally causes a crime.

culpable negligence - (law) recklessly acting without reasonable caution and putting another person at risk of injury or death (or failing to do something with the same consequences)
or
- failure to act with the prudence that a reasonable person would exercise under the same circumstances

edit on 19-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If it came to pass unmitigated in any way, then retaliation would be impossible.. Who do you blame?

How do you find them, and will you live long enough to accomplish it?

Some things are intentionally beyond our control.. Influence is all we have, and that is what you have accomplished here, ultimately.

And to be more specific the flight departs at exactly 5:59 Eastern time... U.S.

What happens between now and then has always been up to YOU.

All of you.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm not really one of those "let 1000 guilty parties go to save 1 innocent life" kind of guys, I'm more the kind of guy that bulldozes my way to the guilty party regardless of who gets in my way.

"Who to blame" is the easy part. I'd blame everybody, starting with you. If I got 50/50 correct rate between guilty and innocent folks in retribution for harm befalling my family, then I would consider that a success. If I become more evil than the original offending party, I can live with that. If I burn in hell, or if I lose myself and my soul because of my actions, I can live with that, as long as I am successful in my quest first.

"Will I live long enough" to exact my revenge? You'd better believe it. I've been in 30 car accidents and never had so much as a broken bone. I've been in 100s of fights and never gotten more than a few stitches. I've been blown up, and burned "full-thickness" to the muscle and bone in some areas, told I might die, and would never walk right again, and I was back at the gym in 3 weeks, and back at work in 6. I've never had a cavity. My appendix ruptured, and I was sent home from the ER for 3 straight days because my white blood cell count was barely elevated. Eventually they did the surgery and cleaned me out a bit, and I didn't miss a day of work. You really think some flu is going to keep me from exacting my revenge on somebody or everybody?

Not trying to brag, or sound like a tough guy, or some kind of psychopath, but I am saying that if someone had the opportunity to save everyone, and they made the conscious decision to ignore their responsibility, and then my family was affected, yet I survived, then I would be a grieving father/husband with nothing to lose and a memory of this thread to start assigning blame. That is a bad combination.

I realize the thread is just an exercise in human nature, so these things I say are not meant as threats, they are only meant along the same lines as the thread. This is an example of one person's human nature, and one additional outcome to the hypothetical scenario. If the person acts, it might end badly for them, but if they don't act, it might end even more badly for them!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
If the person acts, it might end badly for them, but if they don't act, it might end even more badly for them!

As predicted in the experience and in posts in this thread.

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't!

Which is better, being damned alone, or along with everyone else?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join