It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you 'knew'?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well, to be honest, thats the extent of my comfort level. I know theres nothing I can do to change things. Even a few thousand can't make a change. Need the WHOLE country to make changes. One person can only control what he/she does.

I figure just try not to hurt anyone. Help anyone that really needs it. Life is short and precisious so worrying about all this stuff and getting your guts in a knot over it does nothing. Unless a person has the power of a god and can single handly strike down every evil mofo down with a simple thought, then why rant and rave to everyone about it?

Besides maybe this is all part of some greater spiritual plan? A way to filter out the good from evil in the hearts of all of us? Create an environment such as ours and see which side you stand on.

I know where I stand ultimately.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
First off, i am not a killer and i dont intend to go round killing people anytime soon! It is immoral, wrong and not within my character to do so. However given the scenerio you have described, if i had to kill someone to save the Human Race then yes i would have to. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or indeed the one. Its like me giving up my life to save a friend. Of course i would do that. But in this case it is still the same thing but in order to save my friend i have to kill the person who is threatening my friends life. I would of course regret taking a human life but i would not have to think about it as i would also be dead!
Mind you it would have to be a last resort. I would rather knee cap the offender and disable the offender than kill outright. There ARE alternatives to simply killing someone!

Of course like everyone else my actions would be judged by the Creator. My fate lies in the Creator's hands when all is said and done come Judgement Day when i meet my Maker.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

"Time" doesn't even exist..

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

If you had advance absolute knowledge before Hitler rose to power, would you have killed him?

Knowing what awaited humanity and the planet? Would I have killed this guy... given the chance even if it meant my own death?

Yes. Without question.

I wouldn't. Why? Because it was meant to happen. The pain and suffering taught at least 2 generations about the reality of war, which has been lost on the 3rd and following generations.

Besides in my opinion, if it wasn't hitler it would be some other german who saw the potiential power in the people of Germany angered over the results of ww1. The germans wanted war. They were angry enough and tired of suffering and starving. Hitler just gave them a direction and a reason to do what they did.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A question already posed in 2007.......

Question 1:
If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis; would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before scrolling down to the answer.

Question 2:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates.

Candidate A: Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He’s had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B: He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.

Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He’s a vegetarian, doesn’t smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn’t had any extramarital affairs.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

Decide first, and then scroll down for the answer.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B is Winston Churchill.
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

And by the way: Answer to the abortion question -
if you said yes, you just killed Beethoven.

Book / Cover ..... Never judge....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
live for nothing or die for something, do what you gotta do.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I've been away for several hours and this thread has dominated my thoughts!

Been an interesting read, catching up on what I missed. Alot of interesting and well considered answers.

Variety is the spice

How long do we have left, Fractured?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I would do a self examination of my background, such as what kind of things have you been exposed to? Military, Government, family in government, prescription drugs. Since this is a conspiracy site I can get away with this. Much has been said on messages being projected into unsuspecting persons heads thereby transforming them into unwitting "assassins".

In short - are you being played or do you believe this message to have a more divine origin. This is paramount to know before you apply any action. For me personally if I could reconcile this and had weighed the potential of the "target" to perform this act then I would have to favor eliminating this individual in keeping with - the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

I cannot stress to what level of assuredness I would have to have that what I was going to do would be an act of divine providence before I would be able to move in the direction of performing the act. If I encountered anything in my target research period which interjected any doubt then my mission would be doomed to failure.

Hypothetically speaking, of course...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
We can turn back the clock (we do it all the time), but WE can't turn back time. Were not ready for that yet. If we could, then our current reality and history would be changing all the time. And characters like Hitler would have never existed. Even those capable of time travel stood by and let Hitler murder millions. Whats their problem?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

And I answered the original question on page 1 from that standpoint.

Again, OP is the one escalating the urgency of the situation. That said, I've grown tired of this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

You got it. Men invented time. The past is history, the future is if. There is really only right now... I mean right now.... i mean, oh well you already get it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Time travel is impossible since time is fictitious.

reply to post by intrptr

Indeed!

edit on 18-9-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
We can turn back the clock (we do it all the time), but WE can't turn back time. Were not ready for that yet. If we could, then our current reality and history would be changing all the time. And characters like Hitler would have never existed. Even those capable of time travel stood by and let Hitler murder millions. Whats their problem?

no, if you went back in time and changed history, it would only be changed for you. you've created an entirely new potential reality, or rather, hopped into a new potential reality that existed as potentiality, which you have now materialized by your actions and observations, or something like that.
edit on 18-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
One should leave the timeline play itself out to a conclusion

by injecting one's value judgement/ morality stance upon the situation~(by killing the despot)... you are causing many others their freedom of choice to be negated...

you or myself are not self designated judge-jury-executioner...

Zen out nd leave the historical time-line play out as it should--- without intervention on your part

many might suffer/die/ get exiled/ imprisoned -0---- but thats what it takes for the collective consciousness to come-to-terms with sinister or fascist forces

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
st. udio,

once you have knowledge of a situation, you have more than 2 choices available to make. why should it be the one where millions, possibly billions suffer and die? not a logical choice.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think his two choices were:

1. Act / Intercede / Do something
and
2. Don't Act.

In that way, there are only two original choices. Now after that first choice is made, it leads you down a path with infinitely more decision making, but that first choice is either Act upon the feelings or Ignore the feelings.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by undo

I think his two choices were:

1. Act / Intercede / Do something
and
2. Don't Act.

In that way, there are only two original choices. Now after that first choice is made, it leads you down a path with infinitely more decision making, but that first choice is either Act upon the feelings or Ignore the feelings.

then i vote #1, and find a choice that doesn't kill people, including the op or his potential victim or the potential victim's potential victims.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Everyone dies.

Today, tomorrow, whenever.

The question is, how do you view death?

Is it compassionate to kill?

If we kill, can we live with that?

Is it okay for us to despise a killer, and kill, ourselves?

Every last one of the people you would 'save' will die anyway.

The question you are faced with is, 'Can I murder a man, whether justified or not?'

That is a question no one here can answer for you, no matter the time line.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouldilocks

How long do we have left, Fractured?

You have tonight, and a good part of the day tomorrow.... After that, fate, destiny, a purpose, or whatever you choose to believe in takes it from there, to where ultimately?

If I answered further, would you believe it?

Murder wasn't the only option here, just the only one that could stop the plan....

It has been an interesting thread, and it seems for now the general consensus is that (even if you could intervene) it is best not to... So you deal with that outcome, theoretically, of course.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Maybe you didn't read the thread, but this isn't about me... Interesting theory though... If it was, and I was under mind control, it seems to have failed to achieve the ultimate objective here.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join