It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you 'knew'?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's not fortitude to murder, or false bravery to exhaust all options before resorting to the ultimate of choices. Seems like you have a predetermined 'correct' answer, OP.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I have heard the oversoul is what controls these experiences. you ARE in control. Robert Monroe wrote THE book on OBE's and is a great help in learning control and the purpose behind the type OBE's your having, and how to call in your guide. Much luck, things could get even weirder from here on out for you.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
Preventing death with a killing is just flast out hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy is pretending to have a belief that one does not. Now, if I believe that life is valuable (to be valued), then the more the better, right? If one life has to sacrificed in order to save thousands/millions of live, then how is that hypocrisy?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayaangel
It's not fortitude to murder, or false bravery to exhaust all options before resorting to the ultimate of choices. Seems like you have a predetermined 'correct' answer, OP.

Isn't that why we are waiting until the last possible minute here, before making a conclusive, and honest decision?

There are two possible outcomes, which is correct is up to YOU... Not me, this isn't about me, remember?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
So, shall I go through this thread now for a clear consensus, or wait for more responses?

Although consensus is a good method for some applications, murder is not one of them. Each person must be true to their own conscience and accept the consequences of their actions whether they be good or bad. It is much easier to discuss it on a website anonymously than to actually carry out either choice. I hope to never be in a situation where I'm forced to make this choice.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Whether it is right or wrong to intervene matters not a jot to me. Something has given you the power to save millions
or to stand by and watch millions die.

In my opinion you would be guilty of genocide by association, if you chose to do nothing.

There would only be one path for me and that would be to kill the monster before he could carry out his plan.

****The assumption is that we know for certain that our dreams are not delusions****
edit on 18-9-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I couldn't agree more... Which is vexing... No one person should be expected to make such a decision, forced to choose the unthinkable to prevent the unimaginable... It must be wrong, flawed or some kind of condition requiring psychiatric care and medication... It is much easier to accept that, than to even consider any other options here, regardless of the outcome.

Maybe the best advice for one who feels forced to make such a choice here, is to tell them that the only choice they have is to seek psychiatric care.

In short, you're crazy, you're hallucinating, delusional, nothing is going to happen.. You do nothing, and are blameless, without guilt, take your pills and slide into oblivion...until?

Maybe that is a good course of action here?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Not a nice situation to be in. There are extremely few such absolutes. But presuming you have 100% certainty - well then, the answer is pretty clear. You are Damned if You Do and Damned if You Don't. If you're Damned Either Way - it doesn't matter what you do. So then it comes down to your belief system - and all of the complexities in it which are likely to be too extensive to try to simplify here with something short and fast.

Ultimately, it may come down to whether you believe Humanity is worth saving, or not. May have to set aside such matters as good and evil and their subjective relevance; and look at the whole matter from a cause-effect perspective.

If I was in those specific shoes - I would look for option (c) and if there was not an option (c) then I would likely let things run their course without my personal interference (i.e. not assassinating the individual) as I don't believe "death" is something to be feared, is more of a beginning than an end - not that it is something to seek for prematurely. An option (c) would be to collect as much information as possible to prove your assertions - and make it available to as many people as possible - and let them decide what to do with it.

To a significant degree, most people won't care - will remain apathetic, and consequently reinforce an a perspective of "why try to save others who are unwilling to help save themselves."

Dark - but that's my world view.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

OK, gotta chime in here.
This is very simple, very basic, and people are making it waaaayyy harder than it actually is.

Hypothetically- you know whats going to happen, you know this man will kill millions of people if he isnt stopped, you know you have one shot at this.

Im sorry, but this is simple-I would kill him. No mans life is worth the life of billions, even if I go at the same time, if he is going to kill billions the dudes gotta go-period.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Actually, there's an underground story out there that Hitler was killed.

It goes like this: Germany won the war, and took over the world. But, the German master race system was so tyrannical that nobody could stand it after about 200 years. By then, some scientists had discovered time travel. A group of mercenaries were sent back in time to 1945 to assassinate Hitler and change the outcome of the war. The world we're currently living in is the second world, the alternate path on the world line, that resulted from the time travelers action. The reason they didn't go all the way back to Hitler's birth, to eliminate him, was because the war actually caused a lot of scientific progress to be made very rapidly, and they weren't sure what would have happened if they'd reversed all that progress in science also. So, 1945 was a compromise date. Hitler didn't commit suicide, like we're told, he was terminated by time travel mercenaries

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
He intends to create the perfect biological weapon, a virus that can kill hundreds of millions in mere months and he plans to release it upon humanity

Why would the right thing be to STOP him?
Humans are earths cancer-cells and I would maybe support anyone who wanted to make us extinct. MAYBE, I am not sure yet.

And btw, what if this person is still a child? Would anyone kill a child if they knew he would grow up as a murderer?

edit on 2011/9/18 by TrappedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
See, I don't get the urgency. I'd just watch, wait, educate myself and look for smaller things I could do from the bottom up to throw a cog in the machine. I'd draw in others to help me. And I'm not talking about violence, I'd do it all with carefully placed words, implied double crosses, etc. I'd burden the machine with stress and watch it fall to entropy more quickly. In other words, I'd never fire a shot, just shift the system at work to full blown overload. Why does everyone always work toward violence? That's the dumbest thing we do as humans. There's never ONE defining moment that doesn't have millions before that are just as critical to the outcome. Just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by USXpat

An option (c) would be to collect as much information as possible to prove your assertions - and make it available to as many people as possible - and let them decide what to do with it.

Excellent post, but to address the above specifically.. What if no one in a position to act on that information will even consider it? .... And you already know that despite every effort to convince them, it is doomed to fail... Even if they do act on it, it is already too late?

Do you try, and try again.. to the end?

What if in turn, you and you alone become the subject of investigation as a result?

Option (c) seems sound, but in this "theoretical scenario", is doomed to fail at preventing the worst possible outcome.

If there were sufficient time to explore ALL possible options to the fullest, would you not have already been doing it, rather than posting here???

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I'd only look out for my own and no one else. I wouldn't bother trying to tell the masses of future events if I knew how everything was going to go down. Theres alot of frauds that have destroyed all credibility of those rare individuals that actually might have that ability.

Hell, I wouldn't even tell my own wife and family about whats to come. I'd just merely make decisions and preparations for the coming events.

But then again if the events are going to kill millions, then I wouldn't even bother trying to survive it. I'd just let go of all my worries and go out with the rest of us!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

That is just ridiculous. You'd shoot FDR over Hitler? Disgusting and stupid.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeeOben

Hell, I wouldn't even tell my own wife and family about whats to come. I'd just merely make decisions and preparations for the coming events.

But then again if the events are going to kill millions, then I wouldn't even bother trying to survive it. I'd just let go of all my worries and go out with the rest of us!

That option is sounding better with each passing moment now, you just need to find a few more ways to get comfortable with it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

So far, the general feeling seems to lean toward the possibility that the "experience" could be wrong, or flawed, and that there may be other options to consider... Generally, no one would actually have the fortitude to kill this man and sacrifice themselves in the process... It is easy to see that which hides in false bravery.

Yes, that would be my most general concern. Perhaps the "experience" is flawed, or rooted in mental illness. Lots of people do things that they think are perfectly sane, and they are mostly wrong. A good friend of mine had her nephew kill her sister, cut her head off, and carry it to the church, because he was convinced his mother had been possessed.

But, assuming you are convinced of your mental sanity, and the experiences are convincing, there is no doubt that you should sacrifice yourself to prevent the tragedy. I would. No doubt whatsoever.

The fact is, in your OP, apparently the person has been chosen to have this gift, and has been given a rare opportunity to know exactly how to use it. Most of the population goes their entire lives wondering what their true purpose in life is, and what does it all mean, and how can they leave their mark on this world. In your OP, things have been made very simple, they just have to act. If they don't act, they are even more evil than the other man. The other man is perhaps following his own calling, and acting upon the signs he has been given. One of them will fulfill their purpose in life and one won't. If we believe in a "God" of some kind, then God's Will will be done either way. The only question is which person will play their part effectively, and which one will fail.

ACT NOW!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think I would go with this plan:

Agents planned to smuggle doses of estrogen into Adolf Hitler's food him less aggressive and more like his docile younger sister Paula, who was a secretary.

Canada.com

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You'd honestly see this as a "gift"??

Really, I would love to learn more about this particular point of view.

Personally, I do not see this as a gift, it is the worst possible curse that could be placed on any person, ever.

What if the whole thing is simply a test of a person's faith?

What if the completely wrong person was chosen for this particular "gift"?

I could go on with a million more questions here, but would like to learn more from you about how you could possibly accept this as a gift, if it were YOU in this situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Clarity.

For me, the biggest torment is trying to figure out how to put my particular god-given talents to good use. I am constantly pulled in a 1000 directions, with a 1000 possibilities, and I know I can be successful at any one of them, but as long as I can't choose a direction, time flies by, and nothing gets accomplished.

The world (at least the western world) is haunted by the whole "what is the meaning" "what is my purpose" question. There is a huge market of self-help books, there are countless religions and philosophies all trying to answer the same question.

The subject in your OP has clarity. Apparently it is convincing clarity, and he has been shown a clear task, and a clear purpose, and a clear way to fulfill his purpose in life.

There is a Point Break quote, "It's not tragic to die doing what you love."

I've often wondered if Cancer, and Alzheimer's and other ailments are just something that happens to people that languish here long past their intended purpose. Achilles didn't have to worry about that. Nor Gilgamesh. The Ancient Heroes went out and found their glory, fulfilled their purpose and died gallantly. These days, we sit around and wait for glory to find us, and we grow old and tired just waiting.

I'd consider it a gift from God to attain a little clarity as to his intentions for me.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join