It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy wall street is happening right now! Peaceful Protest against the Elite.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

www.adbusters.org...

Word on the internets is that there is a huge uprising set to happen on September 17th. It’s a mobilization against the Wall Street elites, but I just heard about it through a letter Lupe Fiasco penned to show his support.

www.livestream.com...

Hey Moneyman the crowd is outside. The past, the future and the now is outside. The teachers and cooks and the drop-outs too. Word on the street is they looking for you… Hey Moneyman they saying whats the score? And how much blood have you spilled on the butcher shop floor? Those number keeping running but what they running into? The crowd is outside and they asking of you… Hey Moneyman Moneyman the mayors' on the phone. He says he wants to know if all those people went home. Those momma's and poppa's and students and cooks. Those teachers and preachers, one second I'll look… Hey Moneyman Moneyman the tents are still up, the songs are still singing and the coffee's in cups. The nights due to fall and the sun's going down but its still a whole mess of good folks hanging round... They eyes are wide and their voices are loud. Its white and black and colorless proud. The signs are big and the smiles are bright. By heaven I reckon its gone be one hell of a night! Hey Moneyman poor Moneyman you should slip out the back. Cuz the forces of greed are under attack. No bombs or bullets or rocks or guns. Just hashtag's and voices at the tops of their lungs! And Moneyman Moneyman I wont need a ride. But if you need me… You can find me outside. - Lupe Fiasco

edit on 17-9-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Word. lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Give pizza chants.

I emailed ten puns, to friends, in the hope that at least one of the puns, would make them laugh?

Unfortunately, no pun in ten did.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
this may bear some very close watching. Thanks for the heads up, and I will keep an eye on this thread
Good Find
DH

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

You can watch it live here:

www.livestream.com...

link   
About time people made a stand

link   

Thank you for this thread. I was wondering how everything is going. I looked for something about 5 hours ago and I couldn't find anything in the MSM.

It looks like they have had a decent turnout .......I am just wondering how long will it last?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Thank you for this thread. I was wondering how everything is going. I looked for something about 5 hours ago and I couldn't find anything in the MSM.

It looks like they have had a decent turnout .......I am just wondering how long will it last?

It will last until the wall street fatcats get tired of it. Then they will do the usual thing get their lackeys you know the cops to spit on peoples rights and have them arrested on some trumped up charge. You know it's not a good thing to allow the peasants to think they have a say in anything.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Just got this tweet...

The Stream
AJStream The Stream
Are you against the #takewallstreet protests today? Tweet us at @AJStream or go to FB and tell us why facebook.com/ajstream #usdor #nyc

Nice angle because Livestream seems to be way ahead of AL Jazeera. Just sayin I've noticed following my tweets today.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If I was in The US I would be there for sure. If you live close, head there fast. If there was hundreds of thousands. Msm would have to show the world. But I do think the protest should be at the FED.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
If I was in The US I would be there for sure.
Dude. I know you live in NZ, so maybe you don't understand. This country is huge. Just because you live in the US doesn't mean you can get to NYC just like that. I once took 3 months and just drove around the country. I barely scratched the surface. Now, if you live in NY, PA, NJ, or even Connecticut; then sure. Hope on the interstate and do it. If you live in TX, or OR, or NV; it is more problematic.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It’s a mobilization against the Wall Street elites

And when you protest, don't screw it up. Make sure you protest in clothing not manufactured by any Wall Street corporation related clothing, and make sure your mode of transportation has nothing to do with any manufactured part that was made by any Wall Street related company.. Not to say anything about cell phone use.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

That is true bud. But I bet the people in Eygpt come from all over. Depends on how bad you want your country to change. Dont want to miss those tv shows aye.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

That is true bud. But I bet the people in Eygpt come from all over. Depends on how bad you want your country to change. Dont want to miss those tv shows aye.
Again, Egypt is smaller than Texas. Personally, I don't even own a TV any more. I got rid of that damned idiot box.

ETA: Let's try a little perspective. I live in the Norfolk area currently. It would take roughly 10 solid hours of driving 60+ mph to get to NYC. People who live farther away would have much longer trips. From Central Florida, for example, it would take roughly 24 hours of driving.
edit on 17-9-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
LiveStream is just showing a earlier clip of two dudes when I watched. But the press has not mentioned it one time today to the best of my knowledge. Really haven't been looking for it, but haven't seen it mentioned either.

We'll see in the morn...but I predict failure as it did not take place on a business day. If ya want to catch someones attention, ya have to disrupt the normal routine...at least be a nuisance.

Of course, if they started to vandalize things, they'd be getting their heads thumped in short order.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Again, Egypt is smaller than Texas. Personally, I don't even own a TV any more. I got rid of that damned idiot box.

ETA: Let's try a little perspective. I live in the Norfolk area currently. It would take roughly 10 solid hours of driving 60+ mph to get to NYC. People who live farther away would have much longer trips. From Central Florida, for example, it would take roughly 24 hours of driving.
edit on 17-9-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

This is why we will never be able to change things through protest as long as we are so centralized. I get frustrated when my European friends knock us for not participating in protests. I try to explain to them that our average state is larger than most nations in Europe. I couldn't imagine the power of having every citizen within commuting distance to the nation's capital. Must be awesome.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

lol.

Love the avatar, I've heard of Puss in Boots......

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
yea.. uh.. please.. its the weekend.. they arent open. thats like me protesting cern after they shut it down. you have to protest while they are open to make a difference

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I heard about this peaceful protest a month or so back. Unfortunately my family is unemployed at current and our funds are very low, if i could I would be there in a micro second. I live, 31 hrs 11 mins / 1977.77 miles to the protest. Im jealous i cant be there. Maybe I will get lucky and trip on a wad of money..

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The sign that said "Top 1% y u pay no taxes!?" The fact is they do pay taxes, unfortunately they also charge through the roof for products and give their CEOs massive salaries instead of putting it back into the company to help out the investors. Also their monopolizing of industries, lobbying for deregulation and govt. contracts and lobbying for regulation of the "little guy" to drive out competition, and manufacturing overseas and shipping it back here with a massive markup are some of their no-nos. They also have wayyyy too much influence in our political system. We should be protesting the mega-banks, they are the ones that have destroyed this economy along with the federal reserve and the politicians who blindly bailed out corruption.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join