It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On growing up to be, as God says, one of us.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
On growing up to be, as God says, one of us.

Gen. 3 22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us,

If God were here, he would tell you that if you do not do as shown belowe and conquer God, you will never have an apotheosis and begin to mirror his thinking. That is the only way to know God. You have to grow into God just as Jesus did.

Hebr. 5 8
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Note the word became.

Matt. 10 38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Note how we are to carry a burden. Not have him carry ours as our vicarious scapegoat and sacrifice.

I submit that Jesus’ burden and ours are the same. He showed that he learned of God only with a struggle and only after doing so, could he then interpret scriptures and argue with the Rabbis of the day.
The Rabbis did not like his giving all men a route to God that did not need the temple hierarchy and the funding they enjoyed. Jesus had in fact become a Gnostic Christian thanks to his apotheosis. This is likely why he was killed.

He said that we are all son’s of God. Nothing has changed except that we have all forgotten that fact. Scriptures are full of such references.

How do you conquer God the way Jesus did?
By accepting the fact that you are in control in a natural world without any supernatural aspect. No fantasy, miracles or magic.

www.youtube.com...

Or as A & E and Jesus did, study good and evil till you have a firm paradigm and then make you challenge or petition to God by seeking and knocking hard on his door. If you have things right, it will be opened to you.

This you must do to have God say to you.

Gen 3 22 Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

God says you can and so does Jesus.
This bishop tells you how it is done.

www.youtube.com...

Trust me, apotheosis is worth the effort.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Excellent!

Akushla

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I can sympathize more with John Shelbys concept of God and the afterlife than with most Christians. He worded it perfectly, to think that God can be bound by the words of man in any book, is beyond understanding. It's actually quite arrogant and naive. If God exist and really loves us 'lesser' conscious beings, he wouldn't judge the individual for using their brain to guide them down whatever path of spirituality decided. Hell is a human concept meant to be a control mechanism and fear trip, especially when used on children.

Naturally some mainstream Christians will now proceed to say this preacher is actually a took of the devil, inspired by Satan to deceive and mislead us from the "real" truth.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Um, no. We are not all sons of God. Jesus would even tell you that if you do not believe in him and do his works that you are not fit for his kingdom. There is no sitting on the fence with the Lord, you are either hot for him or cold and against him, there is no in between because he will spit them out as if he never knew them.

In fact Jesus gave a parable to illustrate this. He said that if you are the child of Abraham and you do your fathers will then you do the will of Satan, because Abraham was just a man, but if you do the will of God then you are one of his children because you do his will (paraphrased).

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
I can sympathize more with John Shelbys concept of God and the afterlife than with most Christians. He worded it perfectly, to think that God can be bound by the words of man in any book, is beyond understanding. It's actually quite arrogant and naive. If God exist and really loves us 'lesser' conscious beings, he wouldn't judge the individual for using their brain to guide them down whatever path of spirituality decided. Hell is a human concept meant to be a control mechanism and fear trip, especially when used on children.

Naturally some mainstream Christians will now proceed to say this preacher is actually a took of the devil, inspired by Satan to deceive and mislead us from the "real" truth.

Learning scripture is all fine and well, but your teacher is the Holy Spirit and it his HE who will tell you the true meanings. In fact you don't even need the bible, he teaches me and i don't even need to crack the book, i just listen to my heart. I do learn scripture because it is a handy tool and guideline on how to live, but i learn from the Holy Spirit because without Him i wouldnt be able to understand any of that cryptic stuff in the bible at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Excellent!

Akushla

I blush.
Thanks.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

That and more.
Thanks for having a better mind than they do.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Learning scripture is all fine and well, but your teacher is the Holy Spirit and it his HE who will tell you the true meanings. In fact you don't even need the bible, he teaches me and i don't even need to crack the book, i just listen to my heart. I do learn scripture because it is a handy tool and guideline on how to live, but i learn from the Holy Spirit because without Him i wouldnt be able to understand any of that cryptic stuff in the bible at all.

It shows you how to live?

Suppression of women and the discrimination of Gays without just cause.
The killing of everyone from unruly children to adults who have sex out of wedlock.

Would you follow the holy spirit to the point, like your God, of using genocide as a tool of justice?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Note how we are to carry a burden. Not have him carry ours as our vicarious scapegoat and sacrifice
I think we need to do things and take on our responsibilities as gods, and to do things ourselves and not to expect others to do it for us. Having a proper concept of salvation may be a start towards that. The New Testament does not make Jesus out as giving us one tiny bit less responsibility for our actions. I realize a lot of people believe it does but they are wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

The killing of everyone from unruly children to adults who have sex out of wedlock.

Would you follow the holy spirit to the point, like your God, of using genocide as a tool of justice?

Regards
DL

Dunno what God youre referring to. My God loves his children and those who are not. I don't recall Jesus Christ telling his disciples to go butcher people for fun. My God came to earth in the flesh to save all of mankind, his love was that great. My God is about forgiveness and love, and being at peace with others.

Sorry, i think you have the one true God mixed up with something else.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Regards
DL

Dunno what God youre referring to. My God loves his children and those who are not. I don't recall Jesus Christ telling his disciples to go butcher people for fun. My God came to earth in the flesh to save all of mankind, his love was that great. My God is about forgiveness and love, and being at peace with others.

Sorry, i think you have the one true God mixed up with something else.

As theist missionaries often formulate it: "You are beginning to understand 'it', but you still have some way to go" (ofcourse meaning "agreeing with me").

You have at least now come to the point, where other 'gods' are individual perspectives, valid for these individuals. But to stay with the guru-attitudes of my first (ironic) paragraph, you must take yet another step and consider validity of perspectives also.

You still operate on the circular assumption, that YOUR perspective is THE perspective. As examplified by such statements as

quote: [".....the one true God..."]

and

quote: ["...My God came to earth in the flesh to save all of mankind,..."], where "MY 'god" definitely is housebroken, whereas the "saving"-postulate most likely refer to the very peculiar and circle-argumented idea of 'original sin', an idea being complete invalid outside your selfcontained faith.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Note how we are to carry a burden. Not have him carry ours as our vicarious scapegoat and sacrifice
I think we need to do things and take on our responsibilities as gods, and to do things ourselves and not to expect others to do it for us. Having a proper concept of salvation may be a start towards that. The New Testament does not make Jesus out as giving us one tiny bit less responsibility for our actions. I realize a lot of people believe it does but they are wrong.

Yes. Christianity sees many things ass backwards. Like genocide against mankind being good justice. Perhaps this is why many see Christianity as the anti-Christ.
If protecting pedophiles and discriminating against innocent people is what an anti-Christ would do then------

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

[

His forgiveness comes at the price of his setting the conditions and having an innocent son murdered and letting the guilty walk. Some justice that. that is your God causing and being guilty of murder my friend.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

[

His forgiveness comes at the price of his setting the conditions and having an innocent son murdered and letting the guilty walk. Some justice that. that is your God causing and being guilty of murder my friend.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

God didn't let his "son" be murdered. Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. What part of that do you fail to understand? Jesus IS Yahweh. Jesus is the Lord, Yahweh is the Lord, the two are synonimous because they are the same being.

God sacrificed his human vessel to give us salvation. What power do you think it was that raised Christ from the dead? Have you ever seen a man resurrect his own body? You won't because it is impossible, only God could bring his vessel back. God didn't murder anyone that was Man that crucified Him and it had to be done to provide a sin sacrifice that would cover all of humanity should they choose to accept Him for all time.
edit on 20-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You wrote:

["Jesus Christ was God in the flesh."]

Assumption based on faith-based circular reasoning.

Quote: [" Jesus IS Yahweh."]

Second version of the same assumption.

Quote: [" Jesus is the Lord, Yahweh is the Lord,"]

Third version of the same assumption.

Quote: ["the two are synonimous because they are the same being"]

Fourth version of the same assumptions.

There MAY be readers here, who need quantity-arguments instead of qualified arguments, so it's possible that your repetitive insistence has some functional value. Personally I believe it's an expression of hammering home otherwise non-promotional propaganda indoctrination-wise.

Quote: [" God sacrificed his human vessel to give us salvation."]

According to the assumed doctrine of 'original sin', which from a rational perspective is non-sense.

Quote: ["What power do you think it was that raised Christ from the dead?"]

Something Harry Potter-, Merlin- or Gandalf-like perhaps, straight from the imaginatorium.

Quote: ["Have you ever seen a man resurrect his own body?"]

Have you?

Quote: ["You won't because it is impossible, only God could bring his vessel back."]

If that scenario really is the case, it would be about time, that mankind should know 'gods' real name and nature. Which ofcourse is the great noodle master.

Quote: ["God didn't murder anyone that was Man that crucified Him and it had to be done to provide a sin sacrifice that would cover all of humanity should they choose to accept Him for all time."]

To make sure that those who missed it the first time in your post get it now.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

it had to be done to provide a sin sacrifice that would cover all of humanity should they choose to accept Him for all time.

Ok I don’t get this bit
So you are saying - god (in the guise of a Jewish carpenter) had someone nail him to a cross so that he could allow himself to forgive everyone – why?

why not just be a bit laid back and forgive everyone anyway without being nailed to something?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

it had to be done to provide a sin sacrifice that would cover all of humanity should they choose to accept Him for all time.

Ok I don’t get this bit
So you are saying - god (in the guise of a Jewish carpenter) had someone nail him to a cross so that he could allow himself to forgive everyone – why?

why not just be a bit laid back and forgive everyone anyway without being nailed to something?

I've always thought there was quite a streak of sado-masochism in the Jahveh character. But that's said be common amongst demons, so it's maybe not so surprising.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Ok I don’t get this bit

Yes. Jesus knew that he had to die in order to save us. Sin sacrifices in those days began as animal, usually utilizing lambs, sheep or red heifers. However to cover all of humanity a sin sacrifice was needed that could cover every man, woman and child of earth and it was for that purpose that Yahweh created his human vessel Jesus and lived a perfect life. It was what Jesus was born to do. Man could not offer himself up because he had been tainted by sin and corrupted, so a sinless offering had to be made and there's only one being in all the universe that could take sin and destroy it, the Lord himself because he alone was above sin and above the concept of good and evil.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Ok let’s try this again

Are you one of those christians who thinks Jesus is god?

If so then who was god making his sacrifice to?

And
why would a loving god need something sacrificed at all, does it give him mana points?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Ok let’s try this again

Are you one of those christians who thinks Jesus is god?

If so then who was god making his sacrifice to?

And
why would a loving god need something sacrificed at all, does it give him mana points?

Yeah, i am one of these christians who believes Jesus is God.
To understand the nature of Christ, you must understand where he came from. He was Yahweh and he wasnt making the sacrifice to anything. He was sacrificing his life, to save our souls. Just because you sacrifice yourself doesn't mean you are doing it for any particular reason other than to save those you love. Jesus was God but he put down his godhood for 33 years, when he died on the cross he reclaimed his godhood and went into hell and took the keys of death and hell from Satan.

For instance, if a bus was driving too fast down the road and i saw my 3 year old son about to be hit, i would dive in front of the bus and push him out of harms way. I would die, so that my son could live its the same principle. I'm not doing it for any other reason, i'm doing to protect my child so that he could live when he would have died. Its hard to understand if youre not a parent, but any parent thats worth their salt would choose to sacrifice themselves so that their children would live.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join