It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Volunteer to be Hypnotized? Been Hypnotized on Stage with a Group? Please share your experien

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I volunteered to be hypnotized in college in front of an audience....great time. It was a good excuse to act a fool and dance around in front of everyone

I'm not sure about any of the other volunteers, but it didnt work on me.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I was chosen to be part of a group to be hypnotized at a show once.

The way it works, is he starts by saying things like "breath deeply" "your eyes are heavy" blah blah blah. Then he moves on to "raise your right arm" and at this point you don't know if you're supposed to do that as part of becoming hypnotized, or if you're supposed to already be hypnotized and you're raising your arm without knowing it.

Eventually it moves on to more ridiculous stuff, which is when I stopped responding to his requests and was sent back to my seat.

I believe that everyone on the stage was doing as they were told because they didnt wanna be rude and ruin the show.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bogget
Seekerlou you need to PM me so i can ask you a couple of questions off post i can then send you a recording to help you.

Yes its true MOST people can be hypnotised of normal inteligence and must be sober and without drugs (including some medication).

I provide help for several industries as well as private work, like fear of flying for airways etc.
Stage hypnosis is completely different to theraputic hypnosis not only in style but also in how it works, when you are hypnotised you are NOT asleep, you can in fact be wide awake and you would think you have not been under at all, you are probably right you have NOT been under as such but you may well have had thoughts implanted to help you, its called conversational hypnosis often metophores are used and these work very well, its all down to how you speak and timing, tone of voice is important and speed of speech.

Bogget

Thank you Bogget. I may be taking you up on your offer to help soon. Appreciate you, and your input .

Yeah, I agree you are not really asleep and that people are very suggestionable and not unaware of their state . And thanks for sharing about the conversational hypnosis using the metaphores. I didn't know this term .

Guess I could say, "Like guitar, if I want to learn hypnosis, I need to commit more time to it. It all depends on how much the 'want to' is there, huh? I have sO many interests but there are not enough hours in the day.

Thanks again, Bog!
Oh, and Happy New Yr.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
reply to post by SeekerLou

I worked on self hypnosis as well, and had some moderate success with it, and dropped it -- until our daughter was born. It was an emergency C-section and I woke up in the middle of it (this happens to a small percentage of women; it's traumatic, and many have flashbacks or other problems.) This wasn't the first time I woke up during anesthesia. Within 3 months (my husband is really cuddly and cute), I was pregnant again and they told me this would also be a C-section. I was scared to death.

They had a medical hypnotherapist on staff at Texas Tech University and I had weekly appointments with her. It took about a month before I was successfully hypnotized, but every time a "jarring" suggestion was offered, I'd snap right out of the trance. We worked together for five months and she was allowed to come to the surgery and put me in a trance before they anesthetized me.

It was great! I didn't wake up, felt much better after, had less pain, and so forth. The docs were impressed.

I ran into the obstetrician a few years ago (we "rescued" him from a wilderness area -- they'd landed their canoes and had no phone signal and were trying to call friends. We took them to a place where they could make a call) and we had a good chuckle about all the trouble with my son's birth (he inhaled as he was being born, got a lung full of amniotic fluid, and was in ICU for almost a week. My son's a big healthy guy today, with two little girls of his own.)

Thanks for the share, Byrd.

Am sorry to hear of your traumatic time with the C-section - bless your heart. Wow, And the hypnosis was successful. That is a gr8 story. Sometimes, one needs to be conditioned more - things take time, I guess. But hey, it worked! Proud to hear all is well now, that your son is healthy.

I was reminded now that Mom once used hypnosis before a dental visit and she said it helped her. I realize there are positives in this but at the same time I wonder about the negative aspect.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadgirl
I volunteered to be hypnotized in college in front of an audience....great time. It was a good excuse to act a fool and dance around in front of everyone

I'm not sure about any of the other volunteers, but it didnt work on me.

Sounds like my luck ...wanting something and not getting it

Thanks for the share!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
I was chosen to be part of a group to be hypnotized at a show once.

The way it works, is he starts by saying things like "breath deeply" "your eyes are heavy" blah blah blah. Then he moves on to "raise your right arm" and at this point you don't know if you're supposed to do that as part of becoming hypnotized, or if you're supposed to already be hypnotized and you're raising your arm without knowing it.

Eventually it moves on to more ridiculous stuff, which is when I stopped responding to his requests and was sent back to my seat.

I believe that everyone on the stage was doing as they were told because they didnt wanna be rude and ruin the show.

Hey, you have a point there. I'd say some , but not all, could be acting - I agree some possibly do go along with it and are not actually hypnotized.. and some may even act just to get that attention . A good point but ,again, I don't think EVERYone is faking. I think if you search it out, you will find that hypnosis is VERY real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join