It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Volunteer to be Hypnotized? Been Hypnotized on Stage with a Group? Please share your experien

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Hypnosis is not what some of you apparently think.
There is really no such thing be being "under".
You are totally conscious the whole time.
If you are attentively reading this thread, you are in a state of hypnosis.
When you sit down to watch your favorite TV show, you are in a state of hypnosis withing 20 seconds.

Have you ever been driving down the road to or from some familiar place and suddenly notice that the landscape seems unfamiliar and wondered if you had missed your turn-off road? That is because you were in a state of hypnosis.

Lots of good info on the net. Do a search for it. Here's a good one for starters:
www.neuro-vision.us...

Very true.

Hypnosis is a guided state of trance, nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Hi and thanks for chiming in Ohzone.
Appreciate the link... and I do understand what you mean by this , as our brains are constantly going through different alternating states all the day long... etc..
This , I guess, is knowing how to get ya where they want ya, ... persuasive, the leading, and during the right state can truly influence....etc.

Appreciate ya!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

So sorry I am having to rush.. Limited time so A gr8 big thank you for your sharing your experience with us.
Also am glad you kicked the habit too, with RX help..etc!

Appreciate your input here and will definitely look into that link , asap. I have heard of that guy..Darren Brown, name sounds familiar..

Interesting stuff, I'm sure... So thank you once again..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

How I'd love to hire you, to secretly get a hold of mY mate lol...

Will talk to ya soon, I hope!

Thanks again for being here! Signing off for now...

Take care folks, and you guys have a gr8 evening!
That was leading wasn't it

Edit LOL... This is what I get for hurrying... I meant not get hold of ... but to secretly hypnotise

edit on 17-9-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

ive had my hands stuck together and i helped lift a 'weightless chair' with just two fingers (one with someone siiting on it that we couldn't lift before hand)

i was very young.

since then i've listened to hypno self improvement tapes for years and read a few books.

you can also use NLP and covert hypnotics to influence people in everyday conversations.

i'm kinda noobish at it all tho, could do with ab obi-wan to guide me!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I have heard of that guy..Darren Brown

Derran Brown is a legend.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I doubt you'll find many people on ATS who have been hypnotised, mainly due to our questioning nature.

ALS

edit on 17-9-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

the complete opposite!

people with quirky imaginations and intelligence are perfect for suggestion and hypnosis.

(it's the thick ones that tend to struggle!)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

hello, i've read about the handshake and shoulder pull techniques but never seen either performed.

where did you learn?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Self taught through reading.

One night I decided to try a technique of my own that I though might work on my spouse without even saying anything to her and it worked. Now my wife will not even allow me to massage her shoulders unless I tell her I am just giving her a massage

The problem when you try to learn techniques from hypnotists is that you will find that most do not share pretty much anything worthwhile.

I did a search and this about the closest I can find to what I was describing. It does not have to be the exact same, you just have to understand and have the trust of the person you are hypnotising, it really does not matter what you do, it just needs to be done in a confident manner if that makes sense.

Here is the same person with the handshake, although I think that he does not do this as well as before because the person is upset, this might not be his fault though because if a person has a sad thought over their mind it can come out after hypnosis...

When it comes to hypnotism, it is not a mysterious thing, anyone can do it to anyone else, you just have to remember that you are the other persons guide in whatever you are doing. Imagine that you are taking a person along a winding road and if you stop or get lost at any point, the person subject to your direction will break free from your direction because you do not know where you are headed if that makes sense.

The other way to think of it is that anyone under hypnosis is aware of what is going on at all times but they feel very relaxed, think of an adult knowledge and moral code but with a baby or childs decision making skill. For example, if you say to someone "stand on one leg" there is nothing strange about that or "fear this chair" there is nothing morally wrong with it at all. If you were to say "Destroy this man here" the person would instantly come out of the trance and tell you "NO!". Hope that makes sense.

Even with advanced NLP, you cannot get someone to do something that they would not normally do.

Well as far as I know.

edit on 17-9-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

that's brilliant, thanks very much. both videos are great... i've seen a course im thinking of taking, i might have to save up and give it a shot, whilst I keep reading.

interestingly, your last comment about making people do things they don't want to..

from what i've read, it's possible but it's a long process.

seen the film inception? i thought the whole thing was about hypnotism. i.e. if you can make something think its their own idea, they'll do anything!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
i was put under when we lived in Florida (Apopka FL)

after a seemingly long journey from cloud to cloud to cloud...
i began to shake violently, like it was an epileptic seizure or something....
i guess i was out-of-body because i did not know that my body was convulsing & shaking like an electricuted person...

the hypnotist guy & his buddy & my wife were there and somehow he talked me out of the trance state,
which i guess was not quite being 'hypnotized'

never got a good explaination about the incident
neither have i ever brought it up in an investigative way before...

any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thanks for the share! Now that IS a wild experience: Had never heard of going into seizures, etc such as that
And you never had epilepsy before or afterward? Hopefully, XX can shed a little light on this... I wonder if he's ever heard of this happening?

Wow. is about all I have to say.. Am sure that was a scary experience!
Again, thanks for letting us know of this...your personal experience ! I would have been inquiring about that right away, if it had happened to me... but that's just me. I wannnnnna know the details as to why of eVErYthing lol

Guess you won't be trying to get hypnotized anytime soon, eh?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by SeekerLou

I can hypnotise people and learned to do this through the various things I have read involving the mind and some conspiracy related things such as media manipulation etc.
I think it is wonderful that you were able to teach yourself... I am only beginning to get back into the subject... definitely a noob but maybe like you , I'll be self-taught one day. Given if I put my time and effort into it.

I can do a non verbal induction technique which is where you do not speak a word, touch a persons shoulders, arms, legs and finally head then they are under hypnosis. You can also do this through a handshake if it is timed correctly.

Oh my lol... didn't realize about the non verbal induction until NOW ..Thanks for this info... I need to look into this now..

I have been doing this now for approximately a year with close friends and family but just recently hypnotised some people in public for the first time (whilst on holiday) and it went down a storm for both myself and the people involved.
Cool, sounds like fun! Bet you had a big time

Anyone can be hypnotised, it is similar to being in a daydream-like state, the only thing that can stop you from being hypnotised is yourself, for example, if you are not wanting to be hypnotised, uncomfortable with your surroundings or the person hypnotising you. It also will not work if you are too busy thinking or worrying about what is going to happen etc.
Very interesting to know. lol I want to guard my mind from any outside influence as best I can

The way I see it though, if a hypnotist is not able to put you under hypnosis, it is mostly because they are poor at it and have not explained exactly what can and cannot be done whilst you are hypnotised. The biggest lie that a lot of poor hypnotists use is that people who do not believe in it cannot be hypnotised, there is a lot of charlatans out there that just want money like anything else I suppose.
I agree with you there... lots of charlatans out there...so beware folks!

I cannot tell you what it is like to be hypnotised as I never have been yet but thought I would share from the other perspective as someone who can do this, which is why I chimed in.

Hey, this is just as good or better ! lol.. I actually wanna know it inside out .. Thanks for jumping in!

One other thing, hypnotherapy is different from hypnosis in general.
I agree there too, there are so many avenues to influence the mind...... NLP is just but another way, as well as binaurals...

Appreciate ya, XX! Willl read rest and comment further.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Hi again, Beavers.

Thanks for the share on the ''chair''... Hey!, you just brought back some of my memories of doing just that - the same thing... we also lifted someone who was supine on floor, with only 6 fingers, there were 3 of us using only 2 fingers ea. which was wild. lol... I remember the one on the floor and we were concentrating on him being "light as a feather".... Thanks for the share and triggering my memories! lol
Fun what the mind can do..eh! Normally, there is no way, for someone to lift someone with only 6 fingers..but it worked! when we couldn't do it prior to this as we testing first...We could NOT do it until we got ''pysched " up.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Beavers

One night I decided to try a technique of my own that I though might work on my spouse without even saying anything to her and it worked. Now my wife will not even allow me to massage her shoulders unless I tell her I am just giving her a massage

lol... That is hilarious! Guess I wouldn't blame her though... But then you must make her relaxed and trusting... Had to give it a try a couple times as well... leading spouse into believing something their idea and to accomplish task... lol "Get 'er Done" the next day! I wouldn't have believed it, if I'd not seen it with my own two eyes, to understand, just how suggestable a person can be.

The problem when you try to learn techniques from hypnotists is that you will find that most do not share pretty much anything worthwhile.
Have heard that... and agree..

I did a search and this about the closest I can find to what I was describing. It does not have to be the exact same, you just have to understand and have the trust of the person you are hypnotising, it really does not matter what you do, it just needs to be done in a confident manner if that makes sense.
Understand completely. It goes rather" deep" I must say lol. Have read a bit about that in the past...and yes.. makes sense to me.

Thanks for the vids!

Really amazing how he did hypnosis w/ the Non Verbal and Hand Shakes!

When it comes to hypnotism, it is not a mysterious thing, anyone can do it to anyone else, you just have to remember that you are the other persons guide in whatever you are doing. Imagine that you are taking a person along a winding road and if you stop or get lost at any point, the person subject to your direction will break free from your direction because you do not know where you are headed if that makes sense.

The other way to think of it is that anyone under hypnosis is aware of what is going on at all times but they feel very relaxed, think of an adult knowledge and moral code but with a baby or childs decision making skill. For example, if you say to someone "stand on one leg" there is nothing strange about that or "fear this chair" there is nothing morally wrong with it at all. If you were to say "Destroy this man here" the person would instantly come out of the trance and tell you "NO!". Hope that makes sense.

Even with advanced NLP, you cannot get someone to do something that they would not normally do.

Well as far as I know.
You are very knowledgable in this which is wonderful. I need to re-read my books: It's been over a year since I was into the subject. . I only have a basic underlying understanding and it all hasn't suck in so ''deeply'' yet. I'll have tp start all over, I'm afraid. Lost what I had!

I 'm not so sure about hypnotizing someone into doing something against their morals though. I think after over a time of programming, you can reduce the will, and overide the moral... That's just my opinion.... Look into Mind Control.

IMO, NLP is just a mild form... so I tend to agree there

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i was put under when we lived in Florida (Apopka FL)

after a seemingly long journey from cloud to cloud to cloud...
i began to shake violently, like it was an epileptic seizure or something....
i guess i was out-of-body because i did not know that my body was convulsing & shaking like an electricuted person...

the hypnotist guy & his buddy & my wife were there and somehow he talked me out of the trance state,
which i guess was not quite being 'hypnotized'

never got a good explaination about the incident
neither have i ever brought it up in an investigative way before...

any thoughts?

I have never came across this before or heard of it.

One thing that I do know however is that if someone has a really disturbing memory from the past of some kind or a repressed memory that your mind has blocked. When they are put under, it is possible for the traumatic experience to come to the front of your mind which can result in someone becoming very upset, aggressive, confused etc.

If this were the case and you did have a really bad memory or even a repressed one, it could have been a non- epileptic seizure called a psychogenic seizure. Basically, if the memory is far too painful for your mind to take, it causes a seizure. Obviously there is a lot more to it than this but im just giving a general idea.

You can have a read about this here...

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not an expert though but it is the only think I can think of that might be slightly possible.

edit on 19-9-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thanks for clearing that up ..that you are no expert... But with your experience, you are more of an expert than us
You seem to know your ''stuff'' so to speak, and are more knowledgable than the rest of us here.

Very interesting, your theory in what might have happened with St. Udio... Read that link you provided...and sounds plausible to me!

The brain has always fascinated me..Here I go again, saying it is a ''deep'' subject lol... but we're like biological machines so to speak.. I believe we can somewhat be programmed just like a computer!! It's all a matter of what "programming" has been installed....Many may agree, some may not...but it's wild to think about huh!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I was hypnotized along with 3 coworkers - there was a hypnotist that came to where I worked and the idea was for the 4 of us to have 'stress reduction therapy" - we were all mid-upper level managers and it was a stressful job. Our boss wanted us to do it.

So I did. The first time it was ok, it was just relaxing and I remember everything- I was relaxed but conscious enough so that when it was over, I wasn't sure if I'd been hypnotized or not.

The second time, I was called to go to the big meeting room and I did, but it was JUST me. We started - and I didn't remember ANYTHING until it was over and she was sitting there looking at me. I was nervous that I'd went to sleep - I was NOT conscious and I don't remember jack. I left thinking OMG I hope I didn't drool on myself or snore or something like that.

I went the 3rd time as I was told, and again, it was JUST me. The same thing happened AGAIN. I remember sitting there in the chair, I was sitting up, and she was doing progressive relaxation, but at some point, I dropped off and I don't remember ANYTHING. Again, I felt nervous afterwards because I could not remember what happened.

That happened but finally I did NOT go back. If the other managers weren't going, I wasn't either. I felt paranoid that I'd been singled out, and it bothered me that I couldn't remember anything.

Now, years later, I'm even MORE nervous about it because I know more now. I was working for the govt at the time - I will say that - and it just really makes me nervous because I do not know what was said or what suggestions I was given. This person just disappeared too. She left our facility as mysteriously as she showed up. The other managers did not get in trouble for not going, but why did I specifically get phone calls to go when it was time by my boss?

I suspect I go deep. There was a stage hypnosis demonstration at a pagan gathering not long ago that I went to. I left before they even started. I'm scared of it now.

See - this was years ago - and I don't understand people saying it is like reading this board. For me I might as well have been knocked out with thorazine or a major tranquilizer. I don't remember a THING past the initial minute or two's guided relaxation. I don't remember JACK and I don't think it reduced my stress at all..
edit on 19-9-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

..That happened but finally I did NOT go back. If the other managers weren't going, I wasn't either. I felt paranoid that I'd been singled out, and it bothered me that I couldn't remember anything.
I'd have felt the same !

Now, years later, I'm even MORE nervous about it because I know more now. I was working for the govt at the time - I will say that - and it just really makes me nervous because I do not know what was said or what suggestions I was given. This person just disappeared too. She left our facility as mysteriously as she showed up. The other managers did not get in trouble for not going, but why did I specifically get phone calls to go when it was time by my boss?
Understood! Oh wow...

I suspect I go deep. There was a stage hypnosis demonstration at a pagan gathering not long ago that I went to. I left before they even started. I'm scared of it now.
Undoubtably you do. Don't blame you!

See - this was years ago - and I don't understand people saying it is like reading this board. For me I might as well have been knocked out with thorazine or a major tranquilizer. I don't remember a THING past the initial minute or two's guided relaxation. I don't remember JACK and I don't think it reduced my stress at all..

Oh hadriana, I hear where you are coming from ..Am so sorry for your experience..Sounds like a truly scary experience, and the NOT knowing, I guess, is one of the worst things. It is very understandable why you would not ''trust'' And it DOES sound suspicious to be singled out like you were. Hopefully, that wasn't the case here...if not, could it be that maybe they just forgot about the ''stress programming''... My mind could go in all directions here... I dO believe in MC and you mentioned working for the govt. did you not?

Go get DEprogrammed by an outsider, find one you could trust... but also have them to record it
I'd look into it anyway.

Thanks for sharing... And my best to you. Again, maybe you were just resting real deep and the hypnosis for the stress just didn't quite take?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have had two different attempts at hypnosis, and both times I could not 'go under.'

The first experience was as a teen. I needed to have my wisdom teeth removed, and the surgeon used hypnosis (along with local anesthethic). I couldn't 'go there' in the pre surgery session. I do remember him using a monotone and telling me that I could feel the warmth of the sun (the light over the dentist's chair) on my face. I could not loose the reality of sitting there.

The next time was in the workplace, and I had mentioned my previous failed attemptand the supervisor I worked for just 'knew' that the stress relaxation hypnotist she hired WOULD put me into a relaxed, trance like state. That didn't work either, and the hypnotist said he felt my thought process was 'cluttered' and that I needed 'focus.'. Needless to say, I never tried a second 'focus' session.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join