It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street Has Begun!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

The Tea Party Defends Wall St. As US Day Of Rage Protests Corruption

www.politicususa.com...

Tea Baggers

edit on 18-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Great thread, I was totally clueless to this. S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The riot police are ready and waiting in NYC right now. They're trying to AGITATE protesters to get the gathering to become out of control to start arresting people to clear them out!! MAINSTREAM MEDIA IS BLACKING OUT THIS ENTIRE EVENT. no one knows about it who relies solely on TV media. they have disabled peoples' phones from facebook and twitter.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

slayer just about every post you have written i have been on point w/. but why such cynicism? isnt this action itself the start of what most of us here at ATS want? peaceful change? this road is one we will not be able to follow a path. we have to make our own. agree or disagree #opesr #a99 #antisec #occupywallstreet factions of anon have been trying to encourage positive change in the world. dont be ashamed of baby steps. i mean how else can we really go about this non violently? and if you have suggestions please post them! this section of anon has truly been active in attempting to change the world for the people. i leave you (everyone) w this "it has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime, what better place than here, what better time than now"

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
So, what is going on? Will this continue all throughout Sunday September 18th, 2011 and be done come Monday Sept 19th? I hope not. This is what the American people must do, follow Iran and Egypt. These protests will be massive if the American people catch on. I don't put anything past them, when they rise up, imagine how great that will be!!! Goosebumps!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
The riot police are ready and waiting in NYC right now. They're trying to AGITATE protesters to get the gathering to become out of control to start arresting people to clear them out!! MAINSTREAM MEDIA IS BLACKING OUT THIS ENTIRE EVENT. no one knows about it who relies solely on TV media. they have disabled peoples' phones from facebook and twitter.

The OP mentions CNN has specifically declared a media blackout, and you and others mention it several times throughout the thread, but what do you consider a media blackout? Honestly, it's the weekend, most the stories on news networks are prepared pieces because not a lot of news happens in the business world over the weekend. But despite that, I've seen video and articles from CNN, Fox, MSNBC, The New York Times, among others.

So is it getting as much media attention as you'd like? Maybe not, but crying MEDIA BLACKOUT everywhere is just completely false. No reason to try to turn this into another conspiracy just yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Is this still going on? Are there people in tents as we speak with anyone else heading to NYC to join the revolution? Or has it faded out and everyone gone home? Also what websites have been targeted by the hacking group annom to support this?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The sad thing is American's or the British will NOT get there countries back from the global ellite WITHOUT bloodshed.

The global elilte will do anyting to kling to power and one day thats going to mean firing live rounds into the crowds. Just don't expect the media in either contry to back a revolution nor will the respective goverments back up the movments like they have in Lybia and Syria.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Living in London I have not heard nor seen any sign of protests in the city so is it true? Second my advice is to be totally peaceful and to watch out for agent provocateurs placed into your ranks by the government to undermine the legitimacy of the protest.
Should anyone start causing trouble for the love of Humanity surround them, strip them naked, take pictures of their faces to post on facebook and then hand them into the police lines. Because if you police your own demonstrations then the police wont have to wade in with riot shields.

So... hand your fellow protesters over to the police simply because they won't sing kumbaya peacefully? C'mon... obviously you don't understand how revolution works. If you're coming from a place of "I hope nobody acts out of line because then the cops will get angry at us and have every reason to beat us, pepper spray us, and imprison us!!!" then that's cowardly. Regardless of what tactics are used, if you TRULY take these issues seriously, you shouldn't be picking too many knits. The common enemy is THE ESTABLISHMENT and their long arms of the law... NOT your fellow protesters, no matter how unruly they might get (unless it's completely heinous/unwarranted/intentionally provocative). There are many that argue that property destruction is NOT violence if no living thing is harmed... and a good case is made in that vein.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by OldCorp
I would have thought by now someone would have pointed out the fact that it's a Saturday...

Wouldn't this have been more effective on a weekday? Exactly what are they shutting down?

They all had the day off from work and school so they were able to attend the "Occupy Wall Street" gig.
Come Monday most will be at work or in class.

Irony. The same protesters have to go to work so they can pay into their 401K's.

Wow... way to marginalize those who stick their necks out to fight TPTB. As usual... you right-wingers are hypocrites and counterrevolutionary when it comes down to brass tacks.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The shame of all this is that peaceful protest is not what those in power want as it means they have to discuss the issues.

One or two broken windows and they claim violence and only address this.

So I have a suggestion. Most major cities have rivers. A slow very slow march across all the bridges would bring the city to a halt which cannot be ignored.

Wall street, Westmister and the like have well planned responses to intended protests. Bridges do not.

It also means once you have had your slow walk you can go do other things as very few will have a big affect. It gives those that want to turn things violent little room to manouvre and kettling will only result in blocking already blocked bridges.

By identifying choke points within major cities even a mass cross the road would have an amplified affect.

Goverments have answers to the old ways of protesting so why do what they are prepared for. Do what suprises them.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

The Tea Party Defends Wall St. As US Day Of Rage Protests Corruption

www.politicususa.com...

Tea Baggers

edit on 18-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

Not surprising. They're scum disguised as freedom fighters... the same way that invading third world countries is defending our "freedoms". MY A** to both.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Contact page to ask CNN to report on these important protests!

us.cnn.com...

Leave 'em a message, polite and helpful!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
So whats going on over there right now?
There is nothing about it in the european MSM as of yet and the "live"-stream only repeats prerecorded footage and music videos.
Last thing I read was that the police would kick them out at 10:00 PM and that tensions raised as riot police surrounded the protesters.
Where can we get updates on the situation?
edit on 18-9-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I have been speaking with the guy in charge of the live feed and he says everyone is sleeping right now, they are all in tents and were allowed to stay. The live coverage will continue tomorrow.

Also...I was told that police were ordered to keep the streets media free. That helps explain the lack of coverage, but the networks can still talk about the event since it's such a big ordeal, even if they can't get their crews out there. There's no excuse for the blackout.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Troublesome
I have been speaking with the guy in charge of the live feed and he says everyone is sleeping right now, they are all in tents and were allowed to stay. The live coverage will continue tomorrow.

Also...I was told that police were ordered to keep the streets media free. That helps explain the lack of coverage, but the networks can still talk about the event since it's such a big ordeal, even if they can't get their crews out there. There's no excuse for the blackout.

What blackout? In 5 short minutes I was able to find videos and articles from nearly every major news outlet. Please stop with this blackout nonsense.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
The sad thing is American's or the British will NOT get there countries back from the global ellite WITHOUT bloodshed.

The global elilte will do anyting to kling to power and one day thats going to mean firing live rounds into the crowds. Just don't expect the media in either contry to back a revolution nor will the respective goverments back up the movments like they have in Lybia and Syria.

If bloodshed is what it takes than so be it. If America wants more of my blood then here (holds out arm, palm faceing up) she may have it. But, this is not the goal. If this situation collapses into bloodshed than it may very well become war. Remember, war is the action you take when all other means fail to achieve your noble objectives. War should be a last resort.

In this case, "Freedom" is the objective and a "Bloodless Revolution of Words and Ideas" is the goal.

If this situation descends into bloodshed I blame the NYC police, not the brave citizens who were dedicated to a non-violent protest.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail

You take this point a little too far, but you are right about the overall effectiveness of this demonstration. Peaceful resistance is only affective if A) The party you're protesting against is capable of being reasoned with or persuaded by your opinions, or B) You're hitting them where it hurts: their wallets.

We already know those in power only care what us 'little people' think during election campaigning, the rest of the time they do what they want. They aren't going to be reasoned with, or change their minds because of a protest.

No one will lose any money over this either, it will be business as usual on Monday. Their right to protest on public sidewalks is only protected as long as they do not stop pedestrian traffic to/from the entrances, and the moment they do the police are there to ensure their protest ends.

So while I appreciate the sentiment, I'm unclear exactly what they are trying to accomplish.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

Well I just figure since in the past 12 hours there is relatively nothing as far as news searches on google. Of course they will want to stifle this as soon as possible. TPTB will want to get this type of action wrapped up rather quickly.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join