It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street Has Begun!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It has begun...the "rout" as predicted...comet Elenin might have fizzled...but Nostradamus may still be right.

Century 2, Quatrain 62 Nostradamus
Mabus plus tost alors mourra, viendra,
De gens & bestes vn horrible defaite:
Puis tout à coup la vengeance on verra,
Cent, main, faim quand courra la comete.

edit on 18-9-2011 by DRAZIW because: spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I see this weekend as the possible calm before the storm.

Groups of people, quietly, calmly, entrenching for the coming days.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Troublesome

I showed up yesterday at 3. And there was NO ONE! I went to wall and blocked it off so i walked down to the bull, and there were some signs stuck in the gate, other then that it was tourist as usual. And i even brought my girlfriends russian friend who i was raving about how America actually will protest. FAIL

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
BTW, for anyone who goes down there, I got it from an unimpeachable source(can't say anything more, wish I could) that a counterterrorism unit has a command center right nearby, and the whole area is "hot". cameras, surveillance, license plates of all cars in the area are being run. they're watching the whole thing from every conceivable angle.. so if any of you didn't have a file before, you do now.

link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Peaceful protest works.

To revolutionize a financial gap?

Prove it.

link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

Originally posted by OldCorp
I would have thought by now someone would have pointed out the fact that it's a Saturday...

Wouldn't this have been more effective on a weekday? Exactly what are they shutting down? And last question: How much you wanna bet that come Monday morning the police will have cleared the last of them out?

Please educate yourself before you comment on the event. This is going to be an OCCUPATION of Wall Street in the same vein as Tahrir Square and other countries of the recent Middle-East uprisings. This is NOT a one-day event, this is semi-permanent until demands are met to GET CORPORATE MONEY OUT OF POLITICS. Which is to say, repealing corporate personhood, campaign finance reform (via public funding of elections rather than rich guys/businesses funding and controlling our electoral process and thus out government).

This is better to START on a weekend because more people can make it to an initial showing to kick the whole thing off. This can only grow and you can bet your a** the police wont be able to clear this one out.

I'm not sure from what sentiments your questions come from, if it's support but pessimism, then you have nothing to worry about. If it's a position of being anti-activist/anti-liberal/anti-protest and FOR the police/establishment, then your good ol' boy buddies aren't gonna win. Either way, I'm not sure you have a full grasp on what this could (and likely will) become.

I'm part of no good ol' boy network. I'm as angry as the next guy that in the richest country in the world, people are starving and losing their homes; maybe more so.

But we've seen these kind of things before. Americans are weak (as an American, I'm allowed to say that,) and just as soon as it starts raining, gets a bit too cold, or the next episode of DWTS is set to air, they will leave. When it comes to cops busting heads, fuggeddaboudit; they'll run.

I applaud their efforts, I really do. If I weren't halfway across the country and broke, I'd be with them. People just aren't angry enough - yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

This is the free food station, people that couldn't show up have also been ordering food and having it delivered to the park for all the protesters:

How can we get food there? I live in Utah, but want to help out.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The OP jumped the gun on 98% percent of what was posted

There are nowhere near thousands of people there

There is no media blackout and never was

I don't really need to explain for anyone who is actually following the truth of what has happened

The only truth is that it started and it's been peaceful because cops are being nice to people. The cops are being nice because a good chunk of the Anonymous crowd would expect the opposite and use it to say they were being treated badly. It's been turned around on them and now they'll get angry and show their troll, sorry, true colors. Already saw reports of that all over Twitter yesterday by people who are actually there.

98% of the OP is a lie and a very bad one lol. Come on people, you really think the NYPD would allow them to set up a tent city and keep it there for months? lol

Go on Twitter and look at how many people, including Anonymous members who actually went, said the whole thing was a huge failure. Better yet, if you're in the area go see for yourself.

One huge FAIL. Anonymous will now be seen as even more of a joke than before and most of you let it happen when you let that idiot Sabu try to become a leader for the group. Your members are dropping like flies all over the internet lol.
edit on 18-9-2011 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
BRAVO AMERICA !!!!....GO ON!!!!..FREEDOM JUST BEGUN !!!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I completely forgot about this. I have some friends there right now. I may be heading out there to get you guys some video and updates.

I am hearing that they have disabled twitter and facebook updates... i am not sure if this is true or not, but damn that sucks if true!

also, another note.... the riot police there are trying to egg the crowd on and get them to riot (Again this is what someone is telling me who is on the ground there right now.)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW
It has begun...the "rout" as predicted...comet Elenin might have fizzled...but Nostradamus may still be right.

Mabus will soon die, then will come
A horrible undoing of people and animals,
At once one will see vengeance,
One hundred powers, thirst, famine, when the comet will pass.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons
reply to post by Troublesome

I showed up yesterday at 3. And there was NO ONE! I went to wall and blocked it off so i walked down to the bull, and there were some signs stuck in the gate, other then that it was tourist as usual. And i even brought my girlfriends russian friend who i was raving about how America actually will protest. FAIL

I was there about 2:30pm, by the steps of the smithsonian native american deal..I saw about 100 people. at 3pm, they went to "location 2" because their first location was shut down, according to the guy with the bullhorn. it's possible you were not in the right place. as I understand it, it got much more crowded later on.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Brentnauer

So many people have been fingered as the MABUS no one knows who he is, it seems that the qutrains say it is a person.
Good luck anybody that goes down to the gathering, remember the government wants you to kick off so it can shoot you.
Dont give them what they want, you die, they cash your government life insurance policy, they get richer off your families misery, but hey, hasn't that been the way government has worked for literally centuries now? lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Wall Street Occupation: Required Supplies for Occupiers

* iPhone w/apps so one doesn't get bored protesting. (Short attention span syndrome - SASS - strikes again!)

* Dedicated Facebook page so one can post pics of you and your friends hanging out.

* Prepaid Visa card to use when ordering Pizza.

* Reusable Starbucks mugs to get free caffeine fixes so one doesn't fall asleep while holding a protest sign in front of the media.

* Prepaid attorney contact number that Daddy gave you in case you're arrested for loitering.

You're so out of touch it's sad.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brentnauer

Originally posted by AzureSkyAt least people are down there trying to change things while most of the people who insult them spend their time in front of a computer screen saying they're life is fine so they dont need to protest..

It's easy to "protest" when you've got your $400 smart phone and a $7 Frappucino in your hand. Real change begins with sacrifice. Have you seen documentaries on the Civil Rights Movement? People getting sprayed with water cannons and getting the piss beat out them? That's a protest and that's the way to get things accomplished. Change is painful. This is sad.

Day of Apathy equates to hanging out with friends, listening to the nice policemen and amusing businessmen with their sentiments of entitlement.

ALREADY you people are judging this protest BEFORE anything actually happens?? Jesus, people, give it some time to mature. Whether or not it becomes aggressive, there's still MUCH to occur. Stop making sweeping snap judgements based on little information/understanding of WHO is there and WHAT they believe.

I have confidence that the struggle will become more substantial. This initial phase is just a meet n' greet/getting settled in phase. It's gonna be a long trip.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Thats a shame. I can only wonder about the future of this countries people. I am old enough to remember the civil rights and vietnam war protests, as well as democratic convention of '68, etc. We watched it all on TV. Some times live. I was too young to understand mostly but remember well the HUGE masses of people gathered and the passion they showed for their cause. What a groundswell of American sentiment against injustice, war, and corruption. What happened? Where are those Americans today? Are we really that diffused and disinterested? Is that seeming apathy the result of de education and things like TV programming and the News? It can't be chemical or brainwashing because I'm still here and virulent. So what happened?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Or Hungry enough yet. People are so busy keeping their lives together that they don't have the time or money to go on a holiday protest. I, like you, are with them in spirit but can't afford the ticket to join em. I think that is by design.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

It doesn't make sense when people do this. Nostradamus said that there are three anti-Christ, Nepaulon, Hisler, and Mabus. If Nepaulon is Nepoleon, Hisler is Hitler, then why would Mabus be wall street? I'm sure if the prophecy comes true the name will HAVE to be similar just like the other two were...

Getting more on topic...

I was expecting something like the London Riots, not people eating peanut butter and playing pop music. Are they celebrating wall street or protesting against it? It's hard to tell the difference...

If they actually make change, that is, revolution, then I would say that it had an effect. Having fun, holding up picket signs, does not sound like a protest which causes change, but I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Judging by other posters here, the cops are using reverse psychology, being nice to the people so that they can relax during the protest. What a fail. I'm sure England and France are laughing now.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've tried to post the live stream link that the OP provided on FB so people can pick it up on their feed and check it out, but as soon as I post it it gets deleted! Has this happened to anyone else? try it and see what happens!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Count on it. Just difficult to interpret. Easy with hindsight but foggy glasses to the future. Wish I knew more about him. (Other than the Party Line)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join