It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could these crashes be the new attacks? Reno 9/16, W.V. 9/17.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
11 days before the Reno Air Show crash, which was quickly followed by the Air Show crash in west Virginia, there was this news report.

F.B.I. warns of small planes on 10 year anniversary.

Is it possible, somehow, that planes are being manipulated for devastating "accidents"?

Sorry if wrong forum.. Just thought people would want to consider. Thats what I thought after seeing the Reno crash. It felt awkward.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
no.

letting a 74 year old fly an antique was the stupidity behind this particular problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Valid question no doubt.
Could be bad fuel?
Does anyone know of the backgrounds of the pilots?
Of the aviation crews?
Where are the planes serviced?
It is curious .

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
no.

letting a 74 year old fly an antique was the stupidity behind this particular problem.

well, to credit some eye witness testimony, they said he made "life saving" maneuvers. so it would lead one to suggest mechanical error. so.. I wouldn't blame the age, though I do to some extent agree, that age should be considered more when allowing pilots in air races. Emphasize RACES.

I do find back to back days of vintage air race shows crashes, perhaps atleast making the news, to be odd..
edit on 17-9-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Actually, that is why always refused to take my kids to one of those air shows. Kind of like setting up lawn chairs on the side of the turnpike. My wife thought I was nuts, but for as long as I can remember hardly a year goes by that there isn't a crash at one air show or another.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

I agree.. There was one few years past that crashed into a house miles away from the air field. But, in regards to national news, I never remember air show crashes making national news, so perhaps thats part of the thought process.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

i agree.

this is why god created television.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

9/11 was a HUGE event, and I'm nearly 100% positive that everything like this is NOT associated with 9/11 or potential terrorism. I highly doubt they took it from crashing Commercial Airliners into large buildings, to diving small planes at community airshows. I mean, I can somewhat understand what your implying, but the fact is when something tragic is caught on tape for everyone to see like this... I guess awkward is a good way to describe it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by hooper

I agree.. There was one few years past that crashed into a house miles away from the air field. But, in regards to national news, I never remember air show crashes making national news, so perhaps thats part of the thought process.

I'm going to say they do make he national news sometimes depending on what else is going, fatalities, etc. Fortunately, there isn't always a body count. But all the same, I would rather not attend. However, I live relatively close to a couple of airfields where those shows are very popular so maybe not going doesn't really make a difference.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Valid question no doubt.
Could be bad fuel?
Does anyone know of the backgrounds of the pilots?
Of the aviation crews?
Where are the planes serviced?
It is curious .

Jimmy Lived about a half mile from me in Ocala Fl and while I didn't know him personally I had meet him several times and he was a well known racing and stunt pilot that had also worked in films since the early 1980's. Short of some unforseen physical problem that mayhave occured in flight, he was a great and skillfull pilot. He was known on the racing circuit as the best.

Last I knew his plane was kept at his hanger on his runway and he had mechanics that worked on it there. That may have changed tho.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Crashes happen at airshows all the time.

The first airshow I was ever at, a Blue Angel crashed. And one of the other stunt pilots at that show crashed and died at another show later that year.

Youtube has many videos of airshow crashes. It is not uncommon.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I too have met Jimmy a few times at Sun N Fun here in Lakeland and he seemed to be a stand up guy. I believe in my heart that these were just accidents caused my mechanical failure, especially Jimmy's, cause you can see in the pics that the trim tab was broke. Although I can't see how with the use of the rudder, aileron, and elevator you can't overcome that, but hey I never had that kind of problem when I've flown. As for the crash of the T-28 in the group Trojan Horsemen, I've seen them perform as well and cannot speculate as to why he would've crashed. A number of things could've went wrong from mechanical failure to pilot error. Maybe something broke while he was inverted, maybe he was just to slow and to low and somehow the plane stalled. I guess we will find out the cause of both crashes soon enough. My prayers are with both families of both pilots as well as the spectators who were killed and injured yesterday. The last two days have been horrific for airshows. So yea there is no way these are related to terrorist events.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

yea, thats part of what I suggested. You would think these planes go through thurough checklists to be able to fly. and with the one in Reno having clear visible damage, perhaps there is vandalism or tampering.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Actually, that is why always refused to take my kids to one of those air shows. Kind of like setting up lawn chairs on the side of the turnpike. My wife thought I was nuts, but for as long as I can remember hardly a year goes by that there isn't a crash at one air show or another.

You should try and live little dangerously!!

Denying your children the delights of an air show because once in a while a crash MAY happen?

Your choice of course, but I have been taking my family to Fairford airshow in the U.K for the last eight years and NO accidents have occured.

To have the opportunity to see some magnificent aircraft up close is a treat. Seriously, unless you are actually underneath the flying displays it is very unlikely any harm will come to you and yours.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ya maybe so....but these are mechanical machines made by man so they are bound to break sometime. Plus I think if your were going to sabotage something, it would be loosening up of some bolts or removing cotter pins in a elevator or something. Somebody Isn't going to mess up a trim tab cause they know its going to cause a crash, cause it may or may not, but in this case it seems it may have contributed to it, and at that speed the trim tab would cause a big effect on the control of the plane. I have many of time have flown a plane with just trim inputs to get accustomed to it just in case something fails and thats the only way to fly the plane. So they can effect it but its a shame we couldnt save it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

You should try and live little dangerously!!

Not anymore!

Denying your children the delights of an air show because once in a while a crash MAY happen?

Yep, well to each his own. They've seen planes. There's a military airfield not far from here where they have a lot of planes on display, took them there one time.

Your choice of course, but I have been taking my family to Fairford airshow in the U.K for the last eight years and NO accidents have occured.

I realize that of course. Its like I said, as far as I can remember hardly a year goes by without a crash at one show or another.

To have the opportunity to see some magnificent aircraft up close is a treat. Seriously, unless you are actually underneath the flying displays it is very unlikely any harm will come to you and yours.

I prefer railroads and trains.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
wow hooper had kids

i pitty them

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaya82
wow hooper had kids

i pitty them

Whats pitty?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Not likely

In the Reno incident video showed a piece breaking off just before the crash. He pulled up and away from the
pack to avoid a collosion. Plane stalled and crashed

Just a tragic accident

Airshows have always been dangerous. Airplanes flying on the deck doing extereme maneuvers to delight the
crowd. Unfortunately not a lot of time and room to recover if something goes wrong or from a mistake

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Originally posted by kaya82
wow hooper had kids

i pitty them

Whats pitty?

I thought the same thing.
what poor taste ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>