It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Consolidates Grip on Rare Earths

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

How very patriotic
(not that accurate but patriotic).

So how would you feel knowing that the fastest, most powerful computer in the world is in China? Made by them? Or that all the industry that goes into most of our modern wonders are.... centered in China?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Im not surprised at the Wests (Ok Whiteys), fear of China, but I think its unfounded.

The way things are going, China is about to implode, as in, another internal Revolution is coming.

There is, right now!!, a violent protest by 500+ villagers in Zhejiang province, Eastern China, against the Jinko Solar factory, demanding why there is so much excess pollution. The protesters charged into a compound, overturned cars, and destroyed offices. the "Green" Tech company discharges wastes straight into the local river and dense smoke spews from its chimneys.
How interesting that conservationist whiteys are thinking they are saving the World, buy buying solar panels, while the Very factory that makes them uses MORE energy and produces more pollution, than the panels actually save.

Pollution is SO bad in China now, that many rivers are undrinkable, the air in some cities is unbreathable, and food is unfit for consumption (but sent it to the whitey anyway...its cheap).
The HUGE disparity between very wealthy City Chinese and the very poor country Chinese is massive.
All in a lovely "Equal" Communist country.
The Workers are underpaid, they have no holidays, and have no Workers injury compensation or rights....all lessons learned by the West 100 years ago.
There WILL be trouble in Chinatown...its just a matter of when.
I would think that the current slow down in the West, May be the catalyst for change in China, especially when they cannot sell their goods, and people are put off work.......watch out!!.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
So I guess those windturbine magnets and electric car batteries are going cost a whole lot more than just poluting the earth by the mining and producing of these rare earth minerals.

Environmentalists dirty little secret

How is that the dirty little secret of Environmentalists?
Isn't that the dirty little secret of the energy industry?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

Aren't environmentalists all in favour of renewable energy from such sources??

I think the point is they don't often tell anyone that while the generation might look clean, the manufacturing wasn't quite so pristine!

However let's face it, the pollution from manufacturing these things doesn't come close to the pollution from coal and oil fired power stations that pump rubbish into the air by hte millions of tons every year!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I think environmentalists are mainly interested in the least polluting technology currently availlable.
They are somewhat dependent the industry tells the truth about their products.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Is China colonizing africa?

edit on 19-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden
reply to post by anumohi

How very patriotic
(not that accurate but patriotic).

So how would you feel knowing that the fastest, most powerful computer in the world is in China? Made by them? Or that all the industry that goes into most of our modern wonders are.... centered in China?

SO WHAT? they are running out of water and food and their desert is going to consume them, we lived for thousands of years without all these devices and if push comes to shove we can close the internet in this country and quit selling the friggen chinese everything including locking them out of our intellectual property they so dearly must possess because they have no original thought of their own
china has nowhere to go with themselves without our MONEY. once we pull the plug on them and their asian markets dry up its all over

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes, they are. Mostly economically, but that gives them leverage on politics. Signals that such a modern-era colonization is occuring was out in ether already for some time, china now consolidates their influence.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Dude you should go the thread 2 NWO underground cities destryoed and listen to mp3 linked in the site. It quite simply explains why they 're doing this. OMG this is like being let in on a secret and trying to explain someone everything. The dots connect big time on this. So much in fact I might have to do a massive tread. if I can only find the time. But this is huge TRUST me...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Just download and listen to the mp3 epic yo and you can double check everything he says, this is definitely one of those instances and also that vidoeo a couple posts is very related to all this.
edit on 19-9-2011 by agentofchaos because: forgot link...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join