It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's glorious entrance to the California GOP convention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+97 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hundreds of dedicated Ron Paul supporters showed up to hear him speak and also vote in the California Republican straw poll.

You could tell Ron Paul was coming when the roaring crowd was headed your way, supporters in every room, every hallway just to get a glimpse of a courageous man fighting the establishment. The energy and experience was amazing, I believe he truly has a shot at this (with a properly organized grassroots support).

I was there in person, you could actually see me in the grey suit at 1:29 holding a sign.
edit on 17-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Pretty awesome, I must say!
I'm really glad that there is such a huge grass-roots base, ready to do whatever it takes to get Paul attention, more supporters, let the debate organizers know that their bias is obvious etc..
Can't wait to see the highlights of this event.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I thought he was going to enter on a donkey, whilst people laid palm leaves at his feet.

Just kidding. I like Ron Paul, I wish him the best of luck!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am actually amazed that we have not yet seen this SAME video on the MSM except the will change the crowds rant in the audio to "Romney Pres"

Whats so so sad to me in our area and other's "East Texas" Ron gets less yard sign and visual signs put up than he does MSM coverage.. People are afraid to put Ron Paul bumper stickers o their cars.. A Lot Do,, but I will tell you in all honesty , The Cops put those people in the same crowd as terrorist , or freeman.. Im not pulling your leg..
Maybe we can get a cop to reply AND BE HONEST !
Cops dont like Anything like., Fire arm club stickers. .. anything anti irs. or gov. and as Little as they know....They all think Ron Paul supporters are terrorist. Might as well put a big put leaf on your car..
And the people that watch tv are lead away from Paul ,media black out !

I am Very fond of Dr Paul.. but dont have a bumper sticker!,
call us cowards
but our law dogs are some mean S.O.B.s and we dont like getting pulled over.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This video made me smile.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Many on ATS like Ron Paul but don't believe he can win, flag the hell out of this thread so everybody knows that we have a chance at this. The passion is there, the dedication is there, the people are there, we must continue to spread the message.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All the other candidates there were sh##ng their pants when they hear this coming.

Good job.
Ron Paul 2012!

Cheers

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Awesome!!!

How can it be denied that this man has an actual, honest, and authentic following...

All honest political candidates should be spontaneously reinforced by their fans like this on a regular basis...

And since Ron Paul is the only honest political candidate, he is the only one that this happens to...

Rock on Ron!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Looks like a President to me.

P.S. the way the media is attacking him now, he has the establishment running SCARED. I think he needs to beef up security.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It's only gonna get more intense,... his support that is,...this man is blasting thru the media blockade...

As well as his threat to the status quo...Soon this guy will have the political equivalent of groups of children surrounding him where ever he goes...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
absolutely insane...

there is hope.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
in other news, ron paul, 76, suffered an unexpected heart attack and passed away *hears cheering in the backround on the set* we are so sad that this happened at such an unfortunate time.

he better watch who makes his food.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Whats even more amazing was that it wasn't just all young, pot-smoking teens like the media portrays Paul's supporters to be, when I went today there were old ladies, veterans, toddlers, Asians, Hispanics, African American, middle age, seniors, infants, it was such a diverse crowd all united together for a single message.

A touching and also electrifying day.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
He won the straw poll!

Congressman Ron Paul Wins 2011 California Straw Poll

Minutes ago in front of the California Republican Party convention delegation at the JW Marriott at L.A. Live, CRP Chairman Tom Del Beccaro announced Congressman Ron Paul as the winner of the 2011 California Straw Poll.

2011 Straw Poll Full Results (Votes, %)

Congressman Ron Paul (374, 44.9%)

Governor Rick Perry (244, 29.3%)?

Mitt Romney (74, 8.8%)

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (64, 7.7%)

Jon Huntsman (17, 2.0%)

Herman Cain (15, 1.8%)

Newt Gingrich (14, 1.7%)

Thad McCotter (7, 0.8%)

Rick Santorum (7, 0.8%)

Gary Johnson (2, 0.2%)

Fred Karger (1, 0.1%)

Write-ins (15, 1.8%)

That disgusting Rick Perry is second...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

While I'm not surprised that Dr. Paul won the straw poll, I am very amused that Rick Santorum only got 7 votes. Write-ins were double that! Santorum should just drop out. Dr. Paul already schooled him on history of the Middle East and foreign policy.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Thanks for the trhread. What an awesome experience.

I can't understand hoiw anyone could vote for Rick Perry for anything. I wouldn't trust him to take out my trash..

There's a Constitution Day moneybomb going on at RonPaul2012. I saluted the man who has defended our Constitution unfailingly with my customary $20.12 contribution (all I can afford right now)..

Thanks for the video. It made me smile to see awake, like-minded people supporting a true American patriot.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul for President, the people are with him more than any other canidate. Defend the Constitution and our rights, vote for this man!!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Just saw the news that he won the California straw poll very good news!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I've always heard that as California goes, so goes the nation. This is one instance where I hope where I truly hope the adage is true. (Not the only one... but one of the few.) I believe life should be like a box of chocolates. When the federal government makes a bad law... they screw everyone... and if it's a new law that no state has ever initiated on it's own... you have no way of proving it's a bad law. Give people choices again. Let people vote with their feet. Allow innovation and let the United States become the petri dish that we started out as.

If a state f^%*s up, then their citizens suffer. After giving an agenda a few years, you should be able to tell if it is good or bad. But if the agenda is universal... then there is no control group. Let states champion their own ideals as our founders laid out in the constitution. End the Fed. Bring our troops home. Let's walk softly and carry a big stick. Let's let doctors decide what to prescribe, and keep vitamins legal. Let's stop subsidizing anything and let the free market sort it out. Let's give charity a chance again. Let's allow people decide how to spend their money and what to do with their own bodies.

Let Freedom Ring! Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
So Ron Paul won California, eh? Are any of the other doinks from California? I can't remember one but I could be wrong. Anyway.

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by The_Zomar

Too bad Gary Johnson didn't get any votes. :\

QFT! That dude needs to get more press. I'd love to see him as RP's VP, if he ever got to be Pres.

So the only way to beat RP in a straw poll is to be from that state, then? Can't wait for results from states that don't have any candidates. Be interesting to see what happens then.

Not that I'm a genius or anything of the sort but I may have hit on something. I can only hope he keeps on winning.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join