It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should openly gay men shower with straight men in the army?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
"Personally, if I even caught them peeking I would beat them within an inch of their life."

The maturity levels are so high that it feels like middle school again. Really, SonofLiberty, grow up.
edit on 17-9-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i dont know about you but if i was serving i wouldnt care gay or not...if you cant trust the people you shower with to have your back and watch over you like you would them meaning you trust them.....then why even bother....if you cant behave and keep yourself in check like an adult should...you should not serve children dont belong in the military.

p.s. who cares if they check you out...oh no both sex's officially think your cute.....when did being attractive become a bad thing?
edit on 17-9-2011 by Calex1987 because: forgot the p.s.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Closet gay are we???
Bit of an over reaction....id love to see you try and beat a gay marine....haha he would lay you out then bum rape you
I have fought with marines. I was not the one laying on the floor at the end.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

IMO, they should shower together.
I don't think homosexuals in the army are there to look for a man.
Yeah they might take a peek, but just a peek if they want to want to live.

On the other hand, it isn't OK for women to be naked in the shower with men.
Men can not control them selves around naked women.

I agree... when the men are showering....(it is all men)....and if some of them are gay they may take a look...but you know what....the straight men look at each other too. People look at people....it is normal.

I don't think it is a good idea for men and women to shower together...too much temptation...all the way around.

edit on 17-9-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm certainly not gay, or a homophobe. I think guys should just get over it. I was in the service, we had gay guys in our training squadron, some it bothered, some it didnt. We're all men, and if you are secure in your sexuality, it shouldnt bother you in any way. If a gay guy is checking you out, you have to take the higher position here, and politely ask him to stop first or there will be consequences. Other than that, it should not matter, a soldier is a soldier is a soldier. We need to get over these petty differences and focus on the big picture as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

"Personally, if I even caught them peeking I would beat them within an inch of their life."

The maturity levels are so high that it feels like middle school again. Really, SonofLiberty, grow up.
edit on 17-9-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)
If you caught someone peeping at your mom or your sister in the shower, what would your reaction be? I find the very thought of what homosexuals do disgusting and repugnant. It is not a problem in the civilian world. I don't have to live with them I don't really care what you do in your bedroom, leave me completely out of it and it is all good. However, on active duty you don't have that luxury. You don't get to control who you are stuck with. So, yes. Separate facilities for each "orientation" is likely best. Though gays and lesbians could probably shower together since neither would interest the other.

link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Closet gay are we???
Bit of an over reaction....id love to see you try and beat a gay marine....haha he would lay you out then bum rape you

Do you believe there is no gay person or marine tougher than you in the world? If so, find a promoter and sign up an open invitational. I guarantee it will reach millions of views on Youtube or any other place it is broadcast.

If not, save the tough guy speech for something other than the internet...

edit on 17-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
Or maybe the gay soldiers could shower with female soldiers

Step 1. join military
Step 2. Say I am gay
Step 3. Enjoy nightly showers with the femme's. (giggity).

All should shower together, get over the minor taboo of seeing flesh. If your old enough to murder someone, your old enough to keep your hormones in check.
You have got to be kidding? I joined the navy when I was 17. "Getting some" was one of the primary concerns of my life then. Even in EOD training, I still thought about women. Same with boot camp, jump school, dive training, etc... Personally, I am glad I did not face that temptation. Probably the only time I didn't get distracted by thoughts of women was when I was dealing with live explosives. Had there been naked females lathering up while I was doing that, I probably would be a smear on the wall somewhere.

So...to defeat the entire might of the US military...just put naked girls with guns at the front line...considering your military training is lacking in your ability to control yourself.

Lets put it this way, if you can't hold it together because of some naked woman being nearby, then you simply aren't fit to serve as you lack the mental discipline...your story actually makes a stronger case for integration...lets say its absolutely true...you and many like you simply fall apart at the sight of sexiness...well, what a incredibly great flaw to exploit. Just for national security they should enact coed showering and quickly kick out the mentally weak soldiers.

And I am a bit older than 17...and getting women is still my main focus...but there is a time and place for everything...when I am working on something intense, I am not going to be distracted by anything, be it some attractive female wearing nothing, or anything else.

mental conditioning in a modern military is almost more important than physical conditioning...as wars become more electronic, we will be depending on someone having focus far more than someone able to bench press 400lbs

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

My view is that there should be three showers. One for Those who care and are straight can go shower with others claiming the same. One for gays who care that straight Men might see Them. And one for Those who don't give a damn and just want to clean off the grime.

I wonder which will require the largest area to effectively accommodate.
edit on 9/17/2011 by Amaterasu because: clarity

edit on 9/17/2011 by Amaterasu because: Punctuation

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Closet gay are we???

Pics or it didn't happen.

People on the internet who brag about their fighting prowess usually are the first ones to be owned in a fight.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Do you believe there is no gay person or marine tougher than you in the world? If so, find a promoter and sign up an open invitational. I guarantee it will reach millions of views on Youtube or any other place it is broadcast.

If not, save the tough guy speech for something other than the internet...

edit on 17-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)
There is always someone tougher. But, I haven't met that marine yet. Of course I am in my 40s now. So I would not go hand to hand with a 20 something marine except as a last resort.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Though gays and lesbians could probably shower together since neither would interest the other.

They are actually attracted to each other however...so what, a different facility for every single homosexual serving?
What about bisexual?

omg, your world isn't black and white...

Here is a wild idea...if a gay person checks you out in the shower...the best thing to do, if you don't want to encourage him, is not have sex with him....same with a woman your not attracted to catching a glimpse..

You must be very ashamed of your body to fear such judgement from people you don't even care to be with...get over it, its probably not that bad.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Straight men may have the same concern about homosexual men. Personally, if I even caught them peeking I would beat them within an inch of their life.

Does it make you feel more of a man? Or are you mad because you are scared that your homosexual side might re arise?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why the hell is everyone showering together anyways?

I'm not that dirty. And if I was, I'd prefer to shower alone. I have reasons for this.

Is it anyone's business why? No....

It had nothing to do with this topic, but I prefer solitude when I'm....taking care of business.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Straight men may have the same concern about homosexual men. Personally, if I even caught them peeking I would beat them within an inch of their life.

Therefore next time you admire and are aroused by a beautiful sexy woman,
she has the absolute right to shoot you in the face, because how dare you be attracted to someone without their permission.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yep, too complicated. That is why homosexuals should not serve. It isn't my problem though. I know how we dealt with it in my day.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

Yep, too complicated. That is why homosexuals should not serve. It isn't my problem though. I know how we dealt with it in my day.

they have every right to defend their country as you did they are still citizens with the right to defend and protect what is theirs.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Why the hell is everyone showering together anyways?

I'm not that dirty. And if I was, I'd prefer to shower alone. I have reasons for this.

Is it anyone's business why? No....

It had nothing to do with this topic, but I prefer solitude when I'm....taking care of business.
You don't get that choice in the military. Especially in boot camp or in field facilities. When I was on active duty, even the barracks had group showers.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

Therefore next time you admire and are aroused by a beautiful sexy woman,
she has the absolute right to shoot you in the face, because how dare you be attracted to someone without their permission.
If she catches me admiring her in the shower, and I am doing so without her consent, then she has every right to shoot me.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Also whats up the the insults?

I see "homophobe" all the time, and that's fine? But no one ever says "heterophobe", that's strange.

Plus, if someone criticizes say, Christianity, does that automatically mean they are a closet-Christian? No....

So how the heck are people connecting "criticizing something" with "secretly supporting it"? This is the lamest excuse of all, by far. It's such a fad to repeat but it actually has no legitimate basis at all and is an insult. Highly inaccurate as well.

I find the playing field totally uneven here. And the information is also skewed and inaccurate.

When I criticize the Government does that mean I secretly support them?
How about if I criticize rapist or murderers, does that mean I am secretly a rapist or murderer?

Give me a break people. Enough with this nonsense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join