It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relative has a mysterious government job...help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

lol.. so based on the facts given, you guys are gonna sit here and try to guess what this guys random cousin does? who even said they did anything secret or 'suspicious'. lots of people go on travel to fl and dc.

Exactly, it'd be all guesswork...could be a myriad of things...

Thats why I echoed the sentiment of just asking them...
I'm sure they'd tell you what they can, as long as they aren't jeopardizing their job or their security agreements...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by echoRanger
lol.. so based on the facts given, you guys are gonna sit here and try to guess what this guys random cousin does? who even said they did anything secret or 'suspicious'. lots of people go on travel to fl and dc.

Stop trying to obfuscate.

If you don't anything to add....stay out.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My cousin has a secret job with the government. All I know is he work with the research and developement part of the government. Designing aircrafts, missiles, and weapons for aircrafts.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It would be of no use to even ask. If you and her have known each other for any length of time, if she thought it was important she would have told you by now. In western society we speak of our careers as often as we speak of our family (even to perfect strangers). If someone doesn't wish to speak of their career, there's usually a pretty damned good reason behind it.

Prior to my father retiring from a three-letter agency, there were days when he'd come home from work pale, shaking, and silent. His classification was so high that if he got hurt or needed a medication, he would be "re-assigned" for six months as a paper-pusher. He ate Tylenol like it was going out of style, because that was all that he was allowed to take for minor afflictions he suffered but could not report.

Because of this, I knew better than to fill out a book regarding my life story, then sign my life away, and that is why I chose to work independently.

I can not talk about what my job description was, but I can say that even if I'd had a few drinks at a social gathering, my lips were still sealed. The repercussions of talking about my work were more grave than simply losing my status. I'm willing to bet that your friend is in the same position. My career took me to many cities all over the U.S., but most of the time I remained in Northern Virginia near a training academy.

As I stated, the two topics mainly discussed between people in our culture are work and family. Because I could not discuss my work, I felt very, very, ALONE. Perhaps your friend feels the same way, but in all actuality there is nothing she can do about it.

Just a word to the wise,
Dot.

* * edited for early-morning grammatical errors * *

[edit on 31-8-2004 by dotgov101]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
SJR:

Researcher could have had a little more tact, but is correct.

The Saint has some sage wisdom, as does Byrd.
I too have to undergo 5 year backround checks and report contact with certain nationalities, when I leave the country, etc.

DotGov101 has the best advice. Sounds like we work in the same circle.
(anything stronger than over the counter and you get 'moved')

If and when she is comfortable talking about it, she may.
Don't press. If she has to submit a report, you could run into some problems.

Contractors can be working on anything (computers, designs, new equipment, old equipment upgrades, think tank stuff). It would depend on her degrees and security clearance level.

If you find out what her company does publicly you may have a better clue.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Now that my work is done.....

[edit on 9-9-2004 by SethJaneRob]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join