It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relative has a mysterious government job...help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
You've been a naughty boy.

....this message has been edited for your protection.

[edit on 9-9-2004 by SethJaneRob]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Perhaps he does Missile Defense work or tests AA stuff at the Airport then gives reports in DC and tells his company what to fix/or such in Florida. lol sounds a bit funky but hey if it pays well I sure he aint complainin

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Seth, while you are understanably curious, you should cut them some slack because its hard for them not to talk about what they do too. Most people take thier classification seriously. My dad did when he worked a civilian for the US Navy. He did some stuff that I can only speculate on. But I would drive him nuts if I kept presuring him to talk about stuff that he can't......

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Speaking about such things in public.

.....to keep you safe from harm.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hmm, well Patrick AFB is in FL (Cape Canaveral area), and does link well to the Space Command/ AF Research and Development and the other bases under its umbrella-- LA AFS, Edwards and Vandenburg AFB's, CA, Indian Springs and Nellis AFB's, NV, and many others. As far as the DC area, you have the Pentagon and of course Bolling AFB, Andrews AFB, and the CIA Heaquarters. It maybe something related to the missile portion of the AF Systems Command, and she's the civilian side of the contracts involving this research. This aspect of the AF is very multi-institutional, and you definitely have the usual suspects of the aerospace industry floating around the various installations. These contractors and subcontractors can rake in serious dough, especially if their contracts are multiyear jobs. Very similar to what my mother does in the AF,or at least what she can talk about.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SethJaneRob
I have this relative who is constantly traveling but travels a lot to Florida and the D.C. area. This person openly admits to working for the government, some sort of contractor.

A contractor s someone hired on contract, iow on a temporary basis for usually a somewhat specific job. It could be absolutely anything.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I have this relative who is constantly traveling but travels a lot to Florida and the D.C. area. This person openly admits to working for the government, some sort of contractor.

A contractor s someone hired on contract, iow on a temporary basis for usually a somewhat specific job. It could be absolutely anything.

Absolutely-
From oversite (for the contractor) of base cleaning or manitenance to spying

The list is way too long to speculate without more info.

(look at the sticker, see if you can find the contractor ID

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Pardon, me, but I have to enter the Sergeant mode...

WTF is your major malfunction? Do you think everything is always about you? The fact that this person does not tell you about her job indicates that you DO NOT HAVE A NEED TO KNOW about her job.

You do not determine whether you have a need to know. The government makes that decision. Their determination is final. Case closed.

If this person gets tired of your BS and calls in the Feds to communicate to you that you need to find a more productive hobby, your life will be a living hell.

They will ask questions around your neighborhood and workplace. Questions of this nature:

Does he wear dresses and makeup?
Does he hang around playgrounds?
Does he spend time alone with little boys?
Does he talk about the injustice done to the Palestinian people?
Do you see needle tracks on his arms?

These questions are not asked to gather answers. They know full well that you do none of the above. it's harassment, pure and simple.

Your neighbors will never, ever forget, or trust you again.

Get with the program. Mind your own business. Find a more productive way to spend your time. And accept the fact that everything isn't always about you.

/Sergeant mode

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If you are on good terms with her, just ask. If she can't tell what she does then let it go. I have an uncle with classified job. A cool classified job. I have to and do let it go and understand that it has to be that way.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If you are on good terms with her, just ask. If she can't tell what she does then let it go. I have an uncle with classified job. A cool classified job. I have to and do let it go and understand that it has to be that way.

Going to echo the above... My father has a classified job, but I manage to squeeze a little out of him now and then....

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
Pardon, me, but I have to enter the Sergeant mode...

WTF is your major malfunction? Do you think everything is always about you? The fact that this person does not tell you about her job indicates that you DO NOT HAVE A NEED TO KNOW about her job.

You do not determine whether you have a need to know. The government makes that decision. Their determination is final. Case closed.

If this person gets tired of your BS and calls in the Feds to communicate to you that you need to find a more productive hobby, your life will be a living hell.

They will ask questions around your neighborhood and workplace. Questions of this nature:

Does he wear dresses and makeup?
Does he hang around playgrounds?
Does he spend time alone with little boys?
Does he talk about the injustice done to the Palestinian people?
Do you see needle tracks on his arms?

These questions are not asked to gather answers. They know full well that you do none of the above. it's harassment, pure and simple.

Your neighbors will never, ever forget, or trust you again.

Get with the program. Mind your own business. Find a more productive way to spend your time. And accept the fact that everything isn't always about you.

/Sergeant mode

Take a chill pill Sergeant. Remember what happened to the Sergeant in Full Metal Jacket. Don't go all crazy.

I don't see this person often. I live in a completely different part of the country.

If there does start to be flack about what I've posted it would seem to confirm that this place is monitored. That's a bad and scary thing. At least to me.

Also this job isn't temporary. As long as I've known the person they've had it.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Of course this site is monitored.The govt will search all areas for possible leaks from it`s people.Try going into the bars around Washington or near the FBI,CIA ,NSA or Congress buildings and have a good look around who is in there that has had a bad day in the office and a little to much to drink and has forgot that these places are bugged to the ceillings.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I agree with FredT- my father was in the AF and my mother was a civilian employee. As my father carried Top Secret (dont know what specific level), and my mother worked at the Flight Dynamics Lab at Wright-Patterson, mom had access to more 'black' stuff than my father.

Just before mom died in '01, she never really talked about what she did at FTD. My father knew that either the CIA or Air Force had either A-12's or SR-71's at his base in Taiwan in the late 60's.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
alot of my family has worked for classified jobs. my mom was in the military intelegence, my grandpa was in the marines during the vietnam war and korean war and some other war, my moms cousin works for boeing.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I agree. I was a military intelligence officer for five years and then i was posted back to my normal infantary unit. I could not breath a word to any of the guys about what i had been doing and it is so so so hard to keep a tight lip but it has to be done. If you have any respect and love for this woman relative dont even ask her. If she takes her career seriously it could spoil your relationship. Let her get on with what she does and you get on with your life. You never know in years to come when she is not employed by the goverment she may have some exciting stories to tell but in the meantime just leave it.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What ever the job is, it pays damn well. Big beautiful house etc.

Any idea on what they do?

She's an engineer. Yes, she can say that, no she can't say what she does. My husband has a similar job and even after 20 years I couldn't tell you what he does. I know who his employer is.

In order to get that high salary, she must pass a security investigation every five years or so. They are VERY thorough and if there's any hint at all that she has told anything to anyone or used her knowledge (in, say, the stock market) for unapproved activities, and she can end up in a lot of trouble.

So, no, she won't ever tell you (if they thought someone was the type who would tell, then they're moved away and their jobs go away.) You will never, ever know. If you press her, she'll simply avoid you.

Respect her and "don't ask, don't tell," please.

LL1

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Loose lips sinks ships...
and D.O.D. STRONGLY agrees...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I think you are all taking this a little to serious. I never said I pressed this person on their job and I even said I don't see this person often. I never asked for state secrets or anything of the sort.

The only reason I posted this was to ask if you guys had any idea of what this person does. I didn't ask to be preached to or to be judged selfish or noisy or everything is about me and whatever else has been said.

Thanks to those who didn't over react and read something into what I posted that wasn't there.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
lol.. so based on the facts given, you guys are gonna sit here and try to guess what this guys random cousin does? who even said they did anything secret or 'suspicious'. lots of people go on travel to fl and dc.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Several of my relatives and friends have 'sorry can't tell' jobs. I can care less what they do. I just know...if they all start leaving en mass to the mountains or something, it's time to get away from here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join