It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

123 Alex Jones Lies

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Alex Jones started with good intentions for sure...now I think he simply profits from the fear mongering. He never provides a solution, but still, he's alright...no one is perfect. I wouldn't hinge on every word he says, but he has become too big for comfort in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart

Originally posted by muzzleflash
That's odd, last I checked AJ gave away his videos and stuff for free. He also doesn't charge anyone to watch his youtube videos or check his websites or listen to his radio show...

You should check again because Alex does indeed charge for his videos. Where did you get the idea he sends them out for free?

You ever been to google or the youtube? His videos are all available for free. Nice try

You know how to read English?
Read my actual posts as this has been addressed already.
I never said you cannot get his movies for free. In fact I stated that I got all his movies for free.
What I disputed was the fact that Alex sends out DVDs for free. I provided the link to his latest video for $19.95.

And he also takes contributions through PayPal on his website and his other site Prison Planet reports that PayPal is freezing the accounts of the GrannyWarriors, a group of Ron Paul supporters

www.prisonplanet.com...

But that was in 2008, so I guess now PayPal is ok with Alex Jones...

And the Moneybomb Marathon

thenewsoftoday.com...

He's making money somehow to host two websites, a radio show and produce videos.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by ontarff
reply to post by FallenWun

All you need to do is provide any proof of any of the claims AJ makes. Why can't you?

Okay, I'll validate one of his latest points.

Alex Jones point: The NFL is patting down (groping) people who go to the game.

Validation: www.thedaily.com...

I have wasted my time proving a point made by AJ you could have easily done on your own.

But doesn't it make you feel safer knowing that someone cares whether or not you get shot or stabbed at a football game. After the incident in California of the man beaten to death after a football game make me nervous enough. I think that until people start to act decent toward each other then we have no right to complain, as Alex Jones does, when those in authority must act to prevent deaths at football games. And while we are at it, until people stop taking shoe bombs on planes, then something has to be done to prevent it.

Alex Jones is trying to blame the government for actions by citizens. If I have to suffer equally with all Americans by being patted down because some foolish people think it is ok to hurt people, then I must suffer through. After all, isn't it neighbors who break in our houses and steal our cars? Sometimes we don't like medicine but it is good for us to take it. The old addage is..an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. While we don't like it, it is still necessary.

This is a sad example of what is happening today with people who do not want to take personal responsibility for their own and others safety. You don't live in a government safety bubble. There are over 30,000 fatal car accidents every year. Do you need more government regulations to protect you from a car accident? There is no way to protect you from everything that may cause you harm.You have to be smart enough to accept the risk in your life. There are NO guarantees.

Just because an idiot demonstrates aberrant behavior, should all of society suffer? The guy should be apprehended by people who would not tolerate his behavior and taken to jail. The second Amendment was added to our Constitution so we could defend ourselves. A stun gun is not a lethal weapon. How about a pen in the eye? People on planes do not sit around on a flight anymore if someone acts as a threat.

But again, you would like our nanny state government to take care of all your fears? Don't go in the water at the beach, a shark might bite you. Ridiculous, take some responsibility for yourself and the ones you care about. Don't depend on the government to keep you safe at everyone else's expense.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

And he also takes contributions through PayPal on his website and his other site Prison Planet reports that PayPal is freezing the accounts of the GrannyWarriors, a group of Ron Paul supporters

www.prisonplanet.com...

But that was in 2008, so I guess now PayPal is ok with Alex Jones...

And the Moneybomb Marathon

thenewsoftoday.com...

He's making money somehow to host two websites, a radio show and produce videos.

YUP!
So much for doing this all out of the goodness of his heart for free just because he wants to help.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by foood4thought

Alex Jones is not lying and here is the evidence on the first several I researched. How could you post this about Alex jones without researching it first? Most of it is out of context and false. The video should be called 123 made up lies to discredit Alex jones. They think you’re so stupid that you wont research the video. Google what Alex says and you will find that it is unfortunately true.

1 case for killing granny TRUE Story he reported Source www.thedailybeast.com...

Light bulbs to spy on you is true, here is the source with video!

Source 1

Source 2

Details with sources

Control your electricity through new smart meter

Source 1

Source 2

Wikileaks George Soros funded

Source 1

Cia admits fake bin laden video

Source 1
Click click show-more for over an additional 50 sources.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The argument that Alex needs money because it costs money to do what he is doing might help a great deal by explaining why no one else I listen to on the radio keeps asking me for money.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Then you would be using someone else's already copywritten material. But you can make another film entitled Transformers 3 because titles of films cannot be copywritten.

Have you ever even watched one of his videos? Something tells me no. The amount of original content created by Alex or his "team" is minimal at best if existent at all. That is why Alex cannot copyright his videos. Please tell me you understand this.

He has been selling his stuff for how long now? And productions always cost money.

Your point?

Is that because he is using copywritten material himself without proper reference or credit? And yes, news sources are not copywritten so they can be used anytime. He uses a lot of those.

Really? You never even seen an AJ video have you? I am not talking about newsclips but just so you know, those have to be cleared too.

You don't need lawyers if you ask them first and they give you permission.

Wow, great point. Too bad it has nothing to do with this.

But you must always give them credit. Sometimes you may have to pay and sometimes you don't. I am an independent filmmaker by the way, I have things that were released that I wrote. Someone else may come along and make a film like the one I made but the only thing they cannot do is use the dialogue verbatim. That is why we see so many films that are copycats.

I work for a production company so I guess we can toss internet credentials at each other all day long. Unfortunately this is just ancillary junk that applies none here. You make your films your way. I will make mine my way. Alex will make his his way. Unfortunately we all have to abide by the same rules. Even you.

The thing that can't be copywritten would be if I made a video of only one image of the flag. Any State Park and any national monument that is American belongs to the people of the United States. That is why most documentary filmmakers use national battlegrounds because they don't have to pay and they are not violating copyrights.

Documentary filmmaker Alex is not.

If I make a documentary with my name on it and my dialogue is copywritten. The producers do not have copyright on any screenplay unless the producer himself wrote it. Alex Jones is his own producer, therefore anything that is his dialogue and his image saying it, it is copywritten. Any film student learns this their first year of college.

If his videos were 100% black screen and just his dialogue you would have a great point. Reality says differently.

All radio broadcasts prior to the 1950s are not copywritten, so if you use F.D.R.s Fireside Speeches that were broadcast, they can be used because they were before that time frame.

So if you think Alex Jones cannot copywrite, then you go ahead and make a film using his dialogue, see what happens.

I have to wonder how much you think you know about something you cannot even spell correctly. Alex videos are not copyrighted simply because they contain a lot more than his written dialogue and easily fair used footage.
Do you understand the rules of fair use?

Yes I have seen his videos. I watched them way back in 2004. And you know that when speaking of copyrights we tend to say copywritten. Yes I know the Fair Use Doctrine. Most youtube videos are made using that. So I suppose he could say he is educating us or "spoofing" . Fair Use also dictates that I cannot take an Alex Jones video and put my own audio over it.

You work for a production company so you know the stress that goes into making sure we don't violate any copyright laws. We even have to give credit to Creative Commons music.

Then I guess you would be right if he says he is educating us by making these videos. In my film school we had a film club and were not allowed to show films in that club unless they were public domain. So yes, I know what is involved legally and have to abide by the law. That is why we were taught better to be safe than sorry. But like I said, there are so many copycat films out there and none are violating copyright laws. The Incredible Hulk is one such example.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

Alex Jones is not lying and here is the evidence on the first several I researched. How could you post this about Alex jones without researching it first? Most of it is out of context and false. The video should be called 123 made up lies to discredit Alex jones. They think you’re so stupid that you wont research the video. Google what Alex says and you will find that it is unfortunately true.

1 case for killing granny TRUE Story he reported Source www.thedailybeast.com...

Source 1

Source 2

Details with sources

Source 1

Source 2

Source 1

Source 1

How do lightbulbs spy on us? If I go to Wal-Mart and buy a box of lightbulbs and break them, will I find a camera in them? Do the lights have to be on?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Okay, I will argue your point. Are you going to discredit Jesse Ventura as well? Probably. Watch the video.

TV's Jesse the body Venture who totally blew the lid off of HAARP?

Oh god. I cannot watch your video right now but if you are going to rely on Ventura, another person who makes money off of scaring people about crap that is not real then this is such a lost cause.
2 seasons of his show and he exposed.....
NOTHING.
Sum up the video for me if it matters that much to you.

I am not at your bidding. Take the time and do the research yourself to prove your own comments. I have provided you with evidence to support my argument that you are too lazy to watch. You have not demonstrated credibility, just another opinion. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I am not at your bidding.

What exactly did I ask you to do?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sum up the video for me if it matters that much to you

I am done with you. You have not made one intelligent contribution to this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yes I have seen his videos. I watched them way back in 2004.

Wow. 7 years you got on this guy huh. Sorry that I only gave him 15 years of my time. Obviously 7 is better.
Let me let you in on a little secret. Most AJ fans around here have only been listening to him for less than a decade and that is probably why they seem to think he has something good to say. Wait another 7 years and watch all his predictions fail, all his documented and admitted evidence NEVER appear, watch as nothing gets done other than Bob Chapman selling gold.

And you know that when speaking of copyrights we tend to say copywritten. Yes I know the Fair Use Doctrine. Most youtube videos are made using that. So I suppose he could say he is educating us or "spoofing" . Fair Use also dictates that I cannot take an Alex Jones video and put my own audio over it.

You are missing a very important detail about fair use. I would love to hear you explain how Alex can legally profit from his fair used material. I actually know the rules before you even get started.

You work for a production company so you know the stress that goes into making sure we don't violate any copyright laws. We even have to give credit to Creative Commons music.

"We" do things legally and for a profit without resorting to claiming we are doing it for free then scaring people into wanting to pay us for it.

Then I guess you would be right if he says he is educating us by making these videos. In my film school we had a film club and were not allowed to show films in that club unless they were public domain. So yes, I know what is involved legally and have to abide by the law. That is why we were taught better to be safe than sorry. But like I said, there are so many copycat films out there and none are violating copyright laws. The Incredible Hulk is one such example.

I am really starting to doubt you have even seen a movie let alone worked on one. None of what you are saying actually applies in the real world to what we are discussing in terms of Alex' movies. Sorry but it almost seemed like you actually knew but the spelling of copyright and your explanation of fair use leaves me wanting.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`VuLight bulbs to spy on you is true, here is the source with video!

Source 1

ROFLMAO - thats your "verification "??

thats priceless

all haas is proposing is using light bulbs as the antena for a wireless data network

the bulb will not be able to " spy on you "

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Sum up the video for me if it matters that much to you

I am done with you. You have not made one intelligent contribution to this thread.

That was a herculean task for you? I thought you posted the video because you wanted me to watch it and respond to it. I guess I can pretend I watched it and respond but I thought you wanted honesty. If you cannot just tell me what your video is supposed to show then I guess it was not all that important.

BTW, can you point me to any one of your posts in this thread that has an intelligent contribution?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ontarff

You seemed really butt hurt so I went to a different server. Ventura on FEMA camps eh?

Which camps did he expose and where are they?
Any? No.
Too bad that proves nothing then huh.
There are threads on ATS completely debunking those already. I have stood in one myself. It is an EMPTY FIELD. Bill Clinton is who Alex said was going to send us to these FEMA camps. I am very curious how Billy plans to keep us in an empty field.

How about you show me ONE FEMA camp. Confirmed FEMA detention facility. You know, something that leaves NO ROOM FOR DOUBT. Jesse never managed to do it on either season of his show.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by foood4thought
Alex Jones is a joke, don't you think?

Like him or not Alex Jones is a Crusader for the people in this Country and no one else seems to be running the gauntlet as he has.

My question to you is are you employed by one of the Alphabet Agencies or one of the political parties in this Country, you've only been a member here for two months and that makes me suspicious of you and your motivation behind this thread...Well?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

Originally posted by foood4thought
Alex Jones is a joke, don't you think?

Like him or not Alex Jones is a Crusader for the people in this Country and no one else seems to be running the gauntlet as he has.

You people keep saying that but have yet to provide any reason to believe it. He says he is looking out for you. Cool. What has he done for me? What has he prevented? What has he saved us from? What has he successfully fought against?

He tells you to be afraid of things he makes up.
You become afraid of those things and then thank him for it.
Where are the solutions?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I don't think I implied I believed Alex Jones for a minute. The first time I saw him I knew he was wrong. Anyway, if we are on the same side then why are we arguing?

The first thing I saw him do was the Bohemian Grove owl burning ceremony and asked myself how he could sneak into a place like that without being caught by the massive security in that place. Then I thought so what if a bunch of rich people got together to burn an effigy of an owl and he never actually proved they were those men he said they were.

So no, not an Alex Jones believer. Did I say something that made you think I was?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Well, my personal verdict is out on Alex Jones, but as far as the video, I give it a failing grade. Mostly because its scope is too far and ends up being no more than a collection of quotes taken out of context. Certainly, he paraphrases and exaggerates by using very loaded words and that could be a focus of fault. But, by only focusing on short notions and pressing a buzzer after each one, you (the video maker) are not adding any sort of quality to the discussion...only a chain of one liners interrupted by an annoying buzzing sound.

EDIT: To add, I could read out of a cook book and say things like "There's mascarpone cheese in Tiramisu...BUZZZZZZZ...You have to boil the tomatoes for 30 seconds to remove the skin...BUZZZZZZZ...You don't want to turn the steak too much otherwise it will get tough....BUZZZZZZ"...you see my point?
edit on 18-9-2011 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

EDIT: I guess I have a lot of afterthoughts...anyway...I'd probably more sooner believe that Alex Jones was an agent provocateur or a deflector than a well meaning media maven.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

Source 1

Source 2

Details with sources

Source 1

Source 2

Source 1

Source 1

How do lightbulbs spy on us? If I go to Wal-Mart and buy a box of lightbulbs and break them, will I find a camera in them? Do the lights have to be on?

Are you one of those new Ai Chat bots? Did you watch the whole video? Well if you watched it to the end you would see that they are developing the technology. they are not cameras, they transmit data and can be used for a wide variety of applications including intelligence gathering! So to get back to the point, Alex jones didn't lie about it. they do have the technology. It begins around the 5min mark in the video. Alex Jones didn't say they are selling lightbulbs that spy on you at wal-mart and if you break them a camera will be in it.

And to answer your question "do the light have to be on?" Well yes, only one light in the room needs to be active since one led bulb can transmit 1,000's of streams of data.

edit on 18-9-2011 by Deja`Vu because: added word

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join