It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Solyndra Scam, Cheney comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Obama's green energy gave billions to businesses that cost taxpayer $500 million per job. Now 5 of those companies went bust.

as usual Dr. Paul hits the nail on the head.

Dick Cheney comments on Ron Pauls view. same old crap spewing out of his mouth. Watch the reporter get annoyed with Ron. The ending argument is epic.

Ron Paul 2012
edit on 17-9-2011 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You notice the reporters reaction when Ron Paul put him in his place over Iran. Fox is nothing more than a war propaganda machine. Ron Paul is right if war breaks out between Iran and Israel we should stay out of it. Of course that idiot reporter thinks we should go to war to protect Israel. I say let Israel reap what they sow. Michael Scheuer was right Israel isn't worth an American life.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

What I find interesting is that no only does Cheney act as the Republican dictator but also the Democrat dictator. Just last week he was complaining about Obama and claimed that he had told Hillary Clinton to run on that ticket. If nothing else shows that this is a one party system with behind the scenes people making the decisions this does. Why would a Republican Chaney be all concerned about a Democrat looking like an idiot and so concerned about propping up the Democrats by the most viable candidate. This demonstrates to me that at this time they are concerned about losing control of the Republican candidate and know Obama is in jeopardy of not winning. All roads lead to Rome follow them and they all lead to Chaney.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hmm, I'm sure Iran and other countries in the middle east have the common sense to know that using a nuclear weapon in that area could effect them all very negatively. If the middle east can figure one thing out, especially Iran is that, they do hold a large % of the worlds oil, and they wouldn't have access to drill and supply themselves much less anyone else in the event of a disaster. The plants alone malfunctioning and such can possibly turn into a nasty situation. I would instead advize that they pursue more clean energy over nuclear ambitions. At least for the benefit of the people in the region as opposed to the possible destruction of it. That really goes to all of the Middle east, not just to Iran. There are just safer/cleaner methods of harnessing energy for human use.

That said I think Paul makes some good points and I don't think anyone expected anything less from Cheney, who by the way really doesn't bring anything to real backing in an election. He backed Kay Bailey against Perry and that made no real difference at all. That alone speaks volumes on the weight of his candidate backing. So.., Paul should probably thank Cheney for his comments.
He doesn't need that type of loser support anyway.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The goal of the MSM til the primaries is to bring Dr. Paul on for whatever reason. He will do it because he needs to get his name out but they are going to bring Iran up. The MSM wants to make him look crazy for saying he doesn't want to stop Iran from getting a nuke. They want everyone that doesn't really know what Ron Paul is all about to relate him with Iran getting nukes. He is UnAmerican that supports WMDs for terrorist countries. Its the only way to slow his support. Unless they can get pictures of him and Courtney Love having sex.

edit on 17-9-2011 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't see why he's getting so much heat for this, at least he invested in this for clean, free, renewable energy. It's going to cost $527 million, wow what a huge deal! That could have bought us almost 24 hours in Iraq! What a terrible president, why didn't he just spent that money on things that we can use to kill people!
edit on 18-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Ah yes the great moral bastion Cheney who funneled 100 times the money Solyndra recieved to Haliburton during the Iraq war in no bid contracts.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
trash talking neil cavuto i swear

and

the moral bastion of intergrity who has funnel over 2..5 trillion to unions and the solyndras who have all failed.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yea it sucks that the money was wasted but in terms of taxes its nothing, just a little over $1 from each of us.

In my opinion even if the company fails these new energy techs need to be subsidized, eventually when the breakthrough happens the return on investment would be priceless, as everyone in the world would be eager for the alternative to oil, even if the initial investment for the product was huge not having to buy gas would save you tons in the long run.

top topics

join